Thread: Dragon Quests a Drag?

Tiel Dragon

Default Dragon Quests a Drag?

I'm level 45 Dragon Adventuring and I'm starting to notice a pattern in our quests, Go Kill 50 of this. Now my earlier quests were a little more interesting, the lost patrol and the leuitenant we had to kill, they were really fun and I was thinking "I totally dig this game!"

But now I'm sitting here endlessly killing one type of mob, and it's not like at this level it's that much easier than killing things just above my level was when I was smaller. I timed myself and it took me 7 hours total of killing and healing, to finish my 'Kill 50 Winter Gruoks' Quest. My husband who is an older dragon keeps telling me about how they used to have killing nameds quests more, and less lengthy quests.

I find myself becoming bored and wandering off to help some biped, I'm actually procrastinating my hunting.

My suggestion is maybe a little more variety in the dragon quests.

I have been seriously considering quitting lately because I don't want to go back and begin the dreary pounding at this one mob again.

Is anyone else feeling this or just me?

(Sorry if this isn't very well thought out, It's 2 am here and I'm just a little young dragon that needs her sleep)

Default Re: Dragon Quests a Drag?

Totally agree with you hun. Those dragon quests get monotonous at best. I would definately like to see some actual QUESTS thrown in here and there to break this tedium.

I believe the later quests for the Healing, Primal and Tooth&Claw master require the killing of named mobs...

I recall having to kill the water golem named east of mahagra, the citrine and aquamarine golem named and also the T3 or T4 treant named (dont remember the name) and of course dont forget Gravier the Granite golem named... [:)]

The problem is not really in the monotonous part...
    Well yes it is, but I remember having killed 50 redback spiders for 1 trainer and when moving to the next trainer I get a quest to kill...
    Yeah you guessed it 50 redback spiders... [:'(]

Hopefully when the quest editor is finished the devs will organize contests for the creation of new dragon and biped quests...
    The boring kill 50mobs quests for dragons should then be easily replaced if the editor is as good as I hear...
    All that is required then is that allquests and passive skill bonusbeing allowed to proceed up to lvl 100...
    But if quests are created by players that will be one time consuming part less to worry about for the devs... [:)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Just to clarify, Dragonboy, the editor eases the process of entering the quest. But it does not ease the process of creating the details of the quest in the first place. That still requires creativity and writing.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Just to clarify, Dragonboy, the editor eases the process of entering the quest. But it does not ease the process of creating the details of the quest in the first place. That still requires creativity and writing.

- Amon
    Thanks for the clarification Amon... [:)]
    The creativity is wildly present among the playerbase and are willing to assist in any way possible...
    Some will be better at it then others of course, I for one competed in the contest, but understood little of how the quest was supposed to be written... [:$]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    I believe the later quests for the Healing, Primal and Tooth&Claw master require the killing of named mobs...
    True. When I finished up my lvl 70 dragon quests, I made the comment in guild chat that I was starting to feel like a "hit dragon," flying around, swooping down on the designated named, taking him out before his body guards could kill me, sprinting to a safe distance to take off, then flying away. Radically different experience than "kill 50 lefthanded undead satyrs born on a friday during June." (O.K., so there's not really a quest like that, but there was at least one quest that I worked on for weeks, not because I had any problems killing the target, but rather because I couldn't find them in any significant quantity).

Calling them quests is misleading. They are kill tasks, nothing more special than what a typical trophy hunter hands you (except quentities tend to be larger). Only the named kill jobs approach the appreciation of a 'quest'.

Question to devs: once the editor is live, will you consider submissions that are meant to replace existing tasks and quests? I believe the multitude of dragon kill tasks is in some need of... spicing up. [:)] The essence craft line of quests is an excellent example of a series that incorporates a story.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I personally can't wait for the editor. I write lore (most of it Dragon stuff) and would love to invent a quest for submission seeping with Lore and tasks other than kill x for y quests.

Amon, when do you expect the editor to be available to the public?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information