Thread: Epic Death Animations

Default Epic Death Animations

It would be pretty cool that if you use an Epic spell/ability that any mob that died directly from the damage from the use of the Epic would die in the specific animation associated with that Epic. So say for Dark Cyclone they could be sucked up into the cyclone and then flung to the ground or perhaps streatched and ripped apart. Shining Blades could cause several cuts/rips to appear across the victim and then they sorta just fall apart. Burning Archer could have the victim burst into flames and then collapse into a pile of ash. The spiritist one (forgot the name) could have the soul (ghost like visage) of the victim pull out of the corpse and then just have the corpse fall over toward the caster. The Life one (Mystic Blast?) could blast the same type of visage from the victim and have the corpse fall away from the caster and perhaps also heal those within area regardless of grouping..

I could go on, but I think you have the picture. So what do you think?

Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

Aboroth

Default Re: Epic Death Animations

Altho a cool idea....i think

Got to remember kids play these games as well, might be to graphic i think

But the game is RATED Teen, isn't it? (It is right? I haven't looked in awhile.)
    Any parents who let kids play this or any online game come to think of it, have to expect that the 'kiddie' in question is going to be exposed to mildly graphic violence. And compared to the blatant cursing abound in WoW, a mob getting sucked into a cyclone on HZ isn't really much.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

IF this is possible, I would think they could have a setting that would reduce the gore. Similar to the run of the mill FPS game out there that allows you to turn off the blood, guts, severed heads and ... well those parts of the body that Lo Wang loved to point out. ;)
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

For DC, justflying up and bouncing, borrowing from the Stone Fist animation would be plenty dramatic enough.

____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Nothing too graphic, I mean nothing worse then you might see on the six o'clock news. Though a death animation similar to Quake or Half-life would be neat.

DC could also be done like the cyclone in the movie Red Planet, sucks up victim and rips their limbs off.
    Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

im all for the idea but for thoose with not so good computers and dont know /setpref combatspelleffects false it should be a check box on the menu
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Thread Information