Thread: Crafters Discount

Default Crafters Discount

One of my major concerns in game is there is not any finished goods on the consigners. From an adventures point of view it sucks because of the time sink involved in finding a crafter to make it, figuring out what comps are needed to make the stuff, gathering or buying the comps, then hoping the crafter is still online or still interested in making the goods. By the times its all done, the adventurer feels that they have put far much more effort into making the item than the crafter. From a crafters point of view, buying the comps or the time involved in hunting for the comps is so expensive that its not practical to just make the items and put them on a consigner. For example, A teched marble essense shaper with essense shaping, power, and focus, would cost well over 150sin tech comps plus whatever the crafter feels is fair price for his efforts of making the thing. So 175s might be a price to put on consigner for this item. Very few will buy the thing.

If the vielo gave a 50% tech comp discount to crafters, depending on their level and the tier of the tech comp. Level 20 crafter 50% discount on tier I comps, Level 40 crafter 50% discount on Tier I and II comps. Lvl 60 craft 50% on tier I,II, and III comps. A level 100 crafter 50% discount on all 5 tiers.

By doing this more crafters could start stocking Finished Goods on the consigners at a reasonalbe price and develop a more robust market. With the example of a teched marble shaper, a level 100 crafter could now sale the thing on a consigner for 80s, some would still want to go collect the comps themselves, but most would say the time invovled in collecting the comps justifys the 80s price. Plus they would have the item NOW, not 3 hours later, 2 days later etc.. They click buy on connie and the ready to go.

The issue of not having many finished goods on the consigners, I have found to be a major bummer in this game since i started playing 6+ months ago, and isnt getting any better.

A crafters discount on tech comps might lead to crafters spending more time making finished goods and actually making a profit off them. And adventurers less time hustling to get gear made.

any thoughts and comments welcome

NimKhazad

redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Default Re: Crafters Discount

Good idea Fingers...:)
    Toobad more people don't look at this though, very good idea though, yes very good indead!
    Istaria shall soon become overwellmed by the Undead hordes! Phinius

Good idea, but I'm not sure if AE has any way to implement it currently. This might require some new coding....
    Or not, maybe they could have the Vielo provide half off, say, for example, to a level 20crafter for all comps in the T1 price range. Level 40 for T2. 60 for T3, etc. Basically have the crafter at the optimum level of that tier to get the discount. I think that would be fair.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Great idea. but if they are gonna have to add new code to do this, why not give the crafter something to do to earn it. Tier oriented quest from the vielo maybe, where the crafter has to make a finished product for the quest to get credit for it and receive the discount. quest would be dependant on current craft school and level. not something cheesy like make this many bars, make it a high end tool or other finished product from that tier, that way you can't ding at the beginning of the tier and make a few bricks and be done. Make us earn it.
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

Tahrl

I've seen this idea implemented byintroducing a 'Barter' or 'Trading' skill. Each craft school would earn points per level just like their other skills, but anyone that wanted to specialize in it could have the option of allocating additional training points to the skill. Only the people who were willing to gimp their adventure skills (a true crafter) would do soto recieve the full discount from NPC merchants.

Was bad idea, crafters still wouldnt make finished goods because they are to busy grinding.

NimK

Just costs way to much to consign finished products because of the price they would be if your talking techs especially since the odds of them all selling are very slim, and keeping them in vault is just not an option unfortunatly.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfingers
    ...crafters still wouldnt make finished goods because they are to busy grinding.

NimK
    BINGO... unfortunately...
    Got Cowbell?

One of my major concerns in game is there is not any finished goods on the consigners.
    Humm!! Did I not hear you in another tread screaming about Nadia having too much finish goods. You need some consistency my friend. [;)]

From an adventures point of view it sucks because of the time sink involved in finding a crafter to make it, figuring out what comps are needed to make the stuff, gathering or buying the comps, then hoping the crafter is still online or still interested in making the goods. By the times its all done, the adventurer feels that they have put far much more effort into making the item than the crafter.
    LOL .. exactly my feeling when you so strongly argued about the fact that Nadia was cutting into you comps trading. Here a crafter could argu, that making allthe crap required to his for of preserving his economics system.[:P]
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

You completely missed the point Nalrach.

NimKhazad

One of my major concerns in game is there is not any finished goods on the consigners. From an adventures point of view it sucks because of the time sink involved in finding a crafter to make it, figuring out what comps are needed to make the stuff, gathering or buying the comps, then hoping the crafter is still online or still interested in making the goods. By the times its all done, the adventurer feels that they have put far much more effort into making the item than the crafter. From a crafters point of view, buying the comps or the time involved in hunting for the comps is so expensive that its not practical to just make the items and put them on a consigner. For example, A teched marble essense shaper with essense shaping, power, and focus, would cost well over 150sin tech comps plus whatever the crafter feels is fair price for his efforts of making the thing. So 175s might be a price to put on consigner for this item. Very few will buy the thing.

If the vielo gave a 50% tech comp discount to crafters, depending on their level and the tier of the tech comp. Level 20 crafter 50% discount on tier I comps, Level 40 crafter 50% discount on Tier I and II comps. Lvl 60 craft 50% on tier I,II, and III comps. A level 100 crafter 50% discount on all 5 tiers.

By doing this more crafters could start stocking Finished Goods on the consigners at a reasonalbe price and develop a more robust market. With the example of a teched marble shaper, a level 100 crafter could now sale the thing on a consigner for 80s, some would still want to go collect the comps themselves, but most would say the time invovled in collecting the comps justifys the 80s price. Plus they would have the item NOW, not 3 hours later, 2 days later etc.. They click buy on connie and the ready to go.

The issue of not having many finished goods on the consigners, I have found to be a major bummer in this game since i started playing 6+ months ago, and isnt getting any better.

A crafters discount on tech comps might lead to crafters spending more time making finished goods and actually making a profit off them. And adventurers less time hustling to get gear made.

any thoughts and comments welcome

NimKhazad
    I agree 100% with the premise (lack of consigned teched gear) but not with the solution as it involves Nadia :)

I will say this, I've listed only 5 teched spells so far, and they all sold, from 15 to 25 silver each (yes, a 3xteched tV spell will sell fast), tier dependent.

People DO purchase teched goods, it's just a bit difficult to sell them (armor, specifically) without knowing what a person may be looking for.

Weaponry is fairly standard, with common things being sockets, parry, or the corresponding melee skill.

Spells have a wide variety but put together something nice and my experience is, it sells. In fact, this post has inspired me to go make more teched spells, I think I'll do that this weekend when I get back home.

I used to hear crafters complain that teched gear didn't sell ata reasonable price. I can only speak for spells and say that it does, and I would have to assume other gear would too.

Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

teched t3 and t4 spells will sell out too, methinks
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Yep, which is why I don't get the fact that people don't list teched goods. Think for a minute, how many random comps one acquires when they don't consign for a few days. I would be willing to bet that there's a lot of people that, just out of laziness for lack of a better word (bad lack, I guess I mean indifference) don't list anything in terms of comps. Well, they accumulate rather fast in ones inventory and vault. Could probably whip up some neat teched stuff with odds and ends and well-stock a few consigners....
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Necarus

This will never work (for the high tier stuff). It would still be way to expensive to put a finished product on the consigner. Let's say I make that essence shaper for 175s and put it on the consigner...I'd have to pay 17,5s just for consigning it. That's probably the entire profit you were going to make selling to a player directly. It would get better at lower prices though, but as long as the Vielo are ingame prices will remain high.

One solution to this: make the consigning fee very low, maybe non-% based depending on tier, or allow players to sell their products in their own shops for free. (only have to pay the shopkeeper wages. Also keep "returning items to vault after 2 weeks" if the database can't handle it) and take out the Vielo.

it would be great if it was possible to sell own items on own Consis for nothing. But on the other Hand lots of house crafter just would use it to stuff things in their vault so they can carry it to another Plot far away without paying the port price.
    I think it would be even better if you can sell things in your own Consi and the things stay in it till sold or youself take it out. So you only have to pay a consi one time and can sell better and expensiv things with a smaller risk.
    Kharuum / Caramia Unity
    Whenever an Optimist sees a ligth which isnt really there, there allways is an pesimist who blows it out.
    Giovanni Guareschi

"From an adventures point of view it sucks because of the time sink involved in finding a crafter to make it, figuring out what comps are needed to make the stuff, gathering or buying the comps, then hoping the crafter is still online or still interested in making the goods. By the times its all done, the adventurer feels that they have put far much more effort into making the item than the crafter."

this is one of the main reasons why we lost a huge amount of players after 6 months of release. people can understand and have patience for bugs, lag, stability and so on. however, when the game model is such, the enjoyment is no longer even if the game never had any technical issues.

this is also thehottest issue discussed in beta.

Thread Information