Thread: Need more Frost Pygmies

Angharad

Default Need more Frost Pygmies

My little dragon istrying to do the lvl 20 quest kill 20 Frost Pygmies.
    As far as I can tell there is only one place in the world with them, and there must only be 2 that spawn at a time.

Its not fair that its a small area and if you run wrong you fall off the mountain.
    Frost Pygmies are the lowest lvl mobs up there, so I am constantly running from everything else.
    Everyone wants to kill them because they drop money, are good xp, give tech components and trophy items.

Cant you make it a little easier for us little dragons. I know the quests have to be hard, but it shouldnt take me weeks to do one quest.

More Frost Pygmies!

Default Re: Need more Frost Pygmies

Go to the northern island from the portal in the top of the sorcerer tower.

Take the portal 2nd destination.

good luck with your frost pygmee ears and frost ogre jawbones!
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Angharad

Are those frost Pygmies or ice pygmies?
    When I wandered up there I only saw the ice ones.

The only place for frost pygmies that anyone has found on Chaos is in the Scorpion Mt Range.

My fiance is the in the same boat as the original poster...need 20 frost pygmies for Instant Heal II quest...

We've spent at least 20 hours up there over 3 different days...5 frost pygmies meanwhile I've killed 60 or so winter wolves 30 or 40 frost ogres, snow pygmies, snow ogres, and 20 or so frost beetles.

The frost pygmy spawn rate could definetly use just a little upping especially as dragons are the only ones with a kill 20 quest. [*-)]

Gliding Frost
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

I'm in the same boat atm. I need to kill 20 frost pygmies and there aren't any, I spent all day and only got 4 of them, judging from this post, I got lucky. Something needs to change, I want to finish this quest but agree, it shouldn't take a week which at this rate, it sure may. I don't mind a challenging quest but this isn't challenging, it's ridiculous. No mobs doesn't equal challenging. It equals bye bye Horizons. I want to finish this quest but it seems impossible. There's no telling how many people have left the game because of stupid issues like this that could easily be solved. It's really a shame. Oh well, back to hunting the invisible Frost Pygmie.

Well, finished my quest easily. There are plenty of Frost Pygmies on the abondoned Isle. And I do mean plenty. I grouped with slightly higher lv. person who was down killing like 8 monsters at a time so I just sat back and threw bolts at them and finished the quest in about 4 minutes. There were so many Frost Pygmies, it was ridiculous. Much better than the Scorpion Isle.
    To get to Abandoned Isle, if you're not yet attuned to the portal, go to Scorpion Isle and take the portal way up on the NW Corner I believe, this should get you there. Abondoned Isle is a great place for crafting too, they have almost everything all on one island including Pale essence and that Essence Machine thingy is right by them too. Great place, a bit hard to get onto the Mt. sometimes due to Patrolling Ogres. Hope this helps anyone.
    [^] [<:o)] [G] [A] [6] [:P]

Frost Pygmies? WHAT Frost Pygmies?
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

My level 66 dragon is feasting on Frost pygmies and their frost and ice kin mainly for spite of paying Nadia a lot of silver to Primal Damage tech some tier II spells.

Send me a tell and I'll help. When the 20 are done, just recall though and let me keep all the drops except for trophies you can use.

Willgladly fly there if I'm close if not there already.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Dolgan

Am I the only one that thinks everyone else misplaces Frost for Ice or Snow ones?
    Fros Pygmies are lvl 20-25, not 30-35 (Ice) or 40-45 (Snow).
    And as far as I know, the Ice island is Tier 3, not Tier 2.

On a second thought, the Abandoned island IS Tier 2 and has got some pygmies on top of that mountain, I just dont remember if they were Frost or Ice, but I wouldnt be surprised if they are Ice leaving the Scorpion Mountain Ridge the only place where one Frost and one named Frost pygmies spawn (not even talking about Frost Beetles, there seems to be only one spawn of one piece of this super rare 20-25 monster, near the same spot as the super rare Frost Pygmy is).

Kumu is very correct, unfortunately the developers are opting to ignore the low spawn rateof monsters on the mainland (focusing more on Northern Deadlands and such). :: sighs ::

Yes, I should have mentioned Abandoned Island. The Frost pygmies/ogres with an occasional Ice pygmy/ogre is non-stop. Don't even have to move from the spawn spot.

The major pain is portalling to the island to attune to the pad - Kenaf Point then along run north then westto the hidden cave with the portal.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Thread Information