Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Dragons will get a Mez ability :)

Default Ancient Dragons will get a Mez ability :)

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/647/647893p1.html

Worth a read. Nice to see we might get a fear ability. And vastly improved drain strike thankfully. Looks like the AoE breath weapons will be ancient only too.

Default Re: Ancient Dragons will get a Mez ability :)

I read that, but, don't we already have two mezzes ? Tail whip and eminence both stun....
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Stuns are different from a mez. At least from my experience with them. Stuns are normally unbreakable while a mez is breakable and their for normally of longer duration.

That's a great read! I'm looking forward to it. Looks like ancient dragons are going to get some fun new stuff including bigger carry capacity, higher altitude limit, faster flight, a single-target mez, spiked scales VIII, drain strike VIII (um... hard to get excited about those last 2 though). Ancient dragons will also get AOE firebreath back, and quest based schools for adventurers. (actually I'd be more enthused about the quest schools if I didn't think they were at least 2 years away from going live).

Now in that article, DB said that the ARoP is complete. If thats the case then perhaps it should be making its way to Blight shard this week? If not, then I guess DB was just putting us on, because its not really complete.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Interesting that the person who wrote the introduction to the article obviously has never played Horizons. Did you notice the reference to the dagger hilt and tassels? Those never made it into the crafting system.

Ancient Rite of Passage (ARoP) has been completed and will shortly be available on all of our live worlds
    Interesting... [:)] Hopefully this Dragon Fear mez will have long enough an effect timer to actually be useful. A little bit of crowd control is always useful, especially when grouped with casters wearing paper armor. The boost to Drain Strike better be significant too, the amount it currently heals, combined with the recycle timer, makes the whole ability line a joke. Fly faster, carry more, tougher scales, sounds good. I notice we'll be getting a flight equivalent of Sprint ability too. Further specialization quests... nice.

Now, if they'd take another look at miniscule differences between hatchlings and adults.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

couple of real nice changes, drain strike, if made considerably better than what it is now could actually be really nice.
    the mez should be a nice addition as well, hopefully it will be an actual "mez" as in we fear the target and they just sit there trimbling in our wake until someone else smacks it on the head, or after a certain amt of time.

the sudden bursts of flight speed also sounds cool, but somewhat limited, unless they ever put in arial combat. that would be SWEET heh. not holding my breath though, one thing at a time

i'm actually looking forward to the quests after arop moreso than finishing the arop itself.
    This page intentionally left blank.

Razon

Well, heres my question. According to the article, we should have gotten these abilitys as we finnsihed the diffrent tasks.

"As Dragons overcome the individual challenges that form the ARoP, they receive new Head Scales (Dragon enchanted armor) and three new abilities: Dragon Fear allows the Ancient Dragon to mesmerize a single enemy, Spiked Scales VIII increases the effectiveness of the Spiked Scales passive damage line, and Drain Strike VIII vastly improves on the Drain Strike line of health-stealing attacks."

So, should wehave aready gotten these abilitys?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    "Bursts of speed" is simply going to be Sprint in mid-air...
    Yea, cool aint it? [:D]

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

yeah i figured it would be sprintlike, but i have been hoping for things since release, so... hehe why stop now
    This page intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by [url
    http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/647/647893p1.html[/url]]Also notable is the title's crafting system, [...] In doing so, they use individual components. For example, a knife comprises a blade plus a hilt, with increased proficiency resulting in more alternatives. A character that has mastered the appropriate techniques can also add runes, fire, visual effects and even decorations like tassels.
    [:O] did tulga get to even read this before IGN published it? this is not even remotly true
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

I wish before they add quest based schools, they hire some artists and change some of the rather bland spell effects for dragons. Nothing like seeing those brown dots all the time.

Default DB quotes on AROP

As quoted by DB in RPG Vault ..

"We are now very proud to announce that the new Ancient Rite of Passage (ARoP) has been completed and will shortly be available on all of our live worlds."

"As Dragons overcome the individual challenges that form the ARoP, they receive new Head Scales (Dragon enchanted armor) and three new abilities: Dragon Fear allows the Ancient Dragon to mesmerize a single enemy, Spiked Scales VIII increases the effectiveness of the Spiked Scales passive damage line, and Drain Strike VIII vastly improves on the Drain Strike line of health-stealing attacks."

"Upon completion of the entire ARoP, players become an Ancient Dragon. They are larger, fly higher, and fly faster than adults. Their scales are tougher and they can carry significantly more. Their flaming breath attacks become wider, affecting all enemies in the area. They also have the ability to use temporary bursts of speed while flying."

So that's what we get my dragon friends .. nice!!

Default Re: DB quotes on AROP

Merged a post from the general forum into this existing topic on the subject.

That just settled my mind :)

Uhh i love this comming changes, but what im interested more what is this Dragon monument? Is this the place where we get Ancinet? Does Drakul speak to us through it? Or is it located somewher on Drakul's Heart?

very interesting article... [Y]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora_Drakan
    Uhh i love this comming changes, but what im interested more what is this Dragon monument? Is this the place where we get Ancinet? Does Drakul speak to us through it? Or is it located somewher on Drakul's Heart?
    very interesting article... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]
    I believe the monument the Focus of Spirit that is needed for the last stage of ARoP before going into the Rift, also if it is so then I believe it has got patched into Blight in the latest patch.
    I'm not sure but is the 3rd screenshot the new dragon lair island?
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    I'm not sure but is the 3rd screenshot the new dragon lair island?
    Looks like Skalkaar to me.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kaze wrote: I'm not sure but is the 3rd screenshot the new dragon lair island?
    Looks like Skalkaar to me.
    yeah, it's defineatly skalkaar!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Whjile I think its GREAT that these details were released about exatly WHAT we are getting during/after AROP...

Is anyone else a bit irked that it was relased in an interview with IGN, and not say givne here first - when we've been asking for months wanting to know exactly that?

Couldn't say...announce it here first? You know..for the community?? Give us some details...some preview??

Thread Information