Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So.. how many satyr mains are out there?

Default So.. how many satyr mains are out there?

I see maybe 1 or 2 on order of a decent level, so who uses a satyr as their main character?

Default Re: So.. how many satyr mains are out there?

Me me!!!

Corah

I do as well. I am a glutten for punishment I tell ya I took female saytr and my main class is storm disciple. Rarest of the rare :)

chef

I recently created a Satyr family clan called Pandora Alliance on Order Shard.
    Also setting up a website to cronicle their adventures.

hehe, honestly, when I check satyr's on Order, I'm almost the only one ever on, Liandra is around a lot though. Other than that its all new players which never keep their satyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Corah
    I do as well. I am a glutten for punishment I tell ya I took female saytr and my main class is storm disciple. Rarest of the rare
    There are a few Stormies about. Spearman on the other hand are rare...
    Got Cowbell?

Ya I cant remeaber the last time I saw a spearman
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Holy resurrected threads batman.

I saw a Spearman last night.... course was a mummy...
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I play on order and i think iv only ever seen one Satyr on tho im considreing an alt as a satyr

Out of curiosity what are Satyrs best at? With their high focus I assume some type of magic class?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

well, my main (only, really) alt on order is a satyr - derexx dufromage - but he functions mostly as a reporter for the cheese queen of blight....
    when and if i ever get the industrial complex done, i will endeavor to make more of an appearance on order with him....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I had a satyr as one of my characters when I was on the 14-day trial, but I don't know when I'll be able to get a paid account and play her again.

Is there a reason not so many people play Satyr's? Any other races that go without being played often?

I'm going to be making an alt someday and I kinda want to make myself something that is not so common.

Quote Originally Posted by Eelime View Post
    Is there a reason not so many people play Satyr's? Any other races that go without being played often?

I'm going to be making an alt someday and I kinda want to make myself something that is not so common.
    I've seen one Satyr recently - that's it, hence the reason my token biped is a Satyr.

I'm not sure why they're not played more - the racial stun is kinda handy for running away.

But their stats are kinda funky; high focus and high agility. I assume this means they have a pretty good change of hitting something with either weapons or spells without any point cost. At least I think that's what focus and agility does... The zillion things you can spend points on as a biped is daunting.

Dragons are easy; T&C/Strength or Primal/Power - those are your main choices really.

Now Dryads? I see a lot of those - probably due to the exceptional caster stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    I've seen one Satyr recently - that's it, hence the reason my token biped is a Satyr.

I'm not sure why they're not played more - the racial stun is kinda handy for running away.

But their stats are kinda funky; high focus and high agility. I assume this means they have a pretty good change of hitting something with either weapons or spells without any point cost. At least I think that's what focus and agility does... The zillion things you can spend points on as a biped is daunting.

Dragons are easy; T&C/Strength or Primal/Power - those are your main choices really.

Now Dryads? I see a lot of those - probably due to the exceptional caster stats.
    The starting stats for the biped races are irrelevant to be honest.

The main reason why Satyrs are largely ignored is because their special abilities are trash compared to some of the other biped races. Why bother with stunning a group of mobs when you could instead use an ability which makes you invulnerable to all their attacks for a decent duration (dwarves), or an ability which doubles your evasion (dryads), or an ability which causes you to regenerate 100% of your health over a minute (sslik)?

Frankly, I think Satyr racial abilities need some kind of buff. Maybe if that root immunity was changed into stun immmunity then we'd see a reasonable number of Satyrs on the shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Frankly, I think Satyr racial abilities need some kind of buff. Maybe if that root immunity was changed into stun immmunity then we'd see a reasonable number of Satyrs on the shards.
    Naw, leave it the way it is... I like being one of a few and seldom remember to use racial abilities on any of my characters anyway since they are on a 5 min cooldown

I came for the dragons... I stayed for Satyrs.

It was so funny that I was the 'first satyr' for several dragons today xD

[Monse Stillstep]

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Other than Monse, I think I've seen like 2 other satyrs during my 3 years here.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

They all got mind controlled and enslaved again.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Thread Information