Thread: Will be playing soon

Default Will be playing soon

Hey all. I have yet to play this game. But after reading all the features and races on the website I will be very soon. My first character will be a Dragon of course. This is due to I have been looking for a game that would allow dragons as player characters and still maintain game balance. So hello, I am looking forward to playing

N'allii

Default Re: Will be playing soon

I'd be happy to help. I'm on the Order server, so if you joined Chaos, I can't do anything for you. I am a little new, only about a month and a week old, but I have learned a lot to tell. I'm just going to sleep, So I can help you out tomorrow :)

Hello Arekaine!

Just like Nallii, if you join Order I would be more than happy to help you out. If you have any questions let me know, if I dont know the answer I will find someone that does!

::giggles::

[li]

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

Welcome to Istaria:)
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Cool thanks guys. When I start playing I will deffenetly look you up. Is The Order server the place to be? Or is it just where most people play?

Naw chaos is the shard to be ...its got me crazy blue

butif you like roleplay then go order (roleplay Shard) if not go with chaos(non-roleplay shard)

Oh I see. Order is where people actully roleplay thier characters. Cool I'll be going to that one then lol. I'm a geek

Aye order is role play allthough chaos has the larger population atm.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Welcome to Istaria and the Order Shard.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Are you in Arekaine?

If so how are things going for you?

Good I hope!

See you around!

[li]

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

Welcome to the game!

This looks like a good time to play a dragon. They've been fleshing them out over the last few months and a couple really big things will be showing up in the pretty soon. One, (the ancient rite of passage) is definately high end although you can expect to see some REALLY big player dragons running and flying around soon (many biped races could walk under an ancient without bumping their heads).

I suppose player constructable dragon lairs aren't necessarily high end. All indications are they'l becool -- underground 3-D modular lairs (most have multiple levels) where you decide where to dig it out and what rooms to put in where. They'll probably be a lot of work. Lars will probably come after the ARoP but they're definately coming.

There's also a huge new island under construction which I understand will emphasize dragons.I don't knowif it'll go all the way down to newbie level but it'll be cool and you won't be a newbie forever.

They're also testing a modification to their flight model on their test server which I think is a lot more fun and realistic. It'll be on the live servers long before you get to that point.

Last spring they started a brand new dragon newbie island.I pushed a couple hatchlings through and I for one think it's a good place for your first few levels. Make sure you talk to the little guy who'snext to whereyou first appear.

As for server, Chaos has more people (probably a plus) and Order is nominally a roleplay shard although -- at least in the public channels -- it's roleplay lite. There are some roleplay guilds which are more into it though.

Here's my one tip. Take your time when creating your dragon character. The only initial choices are in appearance but, since dragons don't wear visible equipment, you'll be looking at it for a long long time. If you create it, run around in the world, and aren't really happy withit's look, don't be afraid to try again. I for one think that dragons in Istaria can look pretty good if you make your choices well. So take your time to get something which looks really good to you.

Keep in mind that when you start it'll be as a hatchling. You'll be little -- roughly biped size -- and unable tofly. Eventually though you'll be flying and a LOT bigger.

Wow thanks for all the info. Yeah I think I will deffinitly be on the Order shard at first. I'm a role playing geek as it is, I play table top RPG's as well. Thanks again

I am finally here!! lol I thuoght it would be faster than that but. I finally made it. I am on the Order Shard and am doing trials in New Trismus. I have already meet Nallii.

People so far have been very cool. I have already joined a guild (Order of The Black Dragon, which is funny because I am a black dragon). And people keep giving me Forms they don't need or horad treasure.

If anyone wants to play look me up. Name : Arekaine Ravadane

Welcome to Order. And to Order of the Black Dragon, I'm fond of all the folks from it that I've met. You might be frustrated at this very minute due to not being able to play thanks to the humongous patch (last big patch like this we had, they didn't restart the servers until 5 am pacific the next day) -- but by all accounts the fun stuff we're getting is going to be amazing.

Join the Market and General channels if you haven't; last year there was a Trick or Treat channel started for folks to share info on which NPCs had candy. And just go to town and enjoy.

*is always glad to meet a new Dragon*

-Levity Merrel, Human but loves them scaled ones. Especially a particular Blue one.

Thread Information