Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $0.99 Charges

Default $0.99 Charges

It sounds like some people are getting these and some are not. I'd like to see if there is some kind of trend here.

If you are reading this, please respond to ALL of the questions below, (except #5, as it depends on your answer to #4):

1) Did you receive the $0.99 charge? (yes/no)

2) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page prior to Aug 1, 2006? (yes/no)

2a) Was the card you submitted the one that received the 99c charge? (yes/no/I wasn't charged/I didn't submit any info during this time period)

3) Did you submit your billing information via the "insecure" web page between Aug 1, 2006 and when it was taken down? (yes/no)

3a) Was the card you submitted the one that received the 99c charge?
    (yes/no/I wasn't charged/I didn't submit any info during this time period)

4) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page AFTER the "insecure" web page was taken down? (yes/no)

4a) Was the card you submitted the one that received the 99c charge?
    (yes/no/I wasn't charged/I didn't submit any info during this time period)

5) If you answered "yes" to #4, approximately what date did you submit the info?

* The "brown" web page is the one at https://horizons.istaria.com

* The "insecure" web page has been taken down, however, it looked a lot like the one at http://www.savageeden.com/credit_card.htm

* The "insecure" site was taken down around Aug 05 2006.

[edit: added extra options]

Default Re: $0.99 Charges

My responses:

1) Did you receive the $0.99 charge? (yes/no)
    no

2) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page prior to Aug 1, 2006? (yes/no)
    yes

2a) Was the card you submitted the one that received the 99c charge? (yes/no/I wasn't charged)
    I wasn't charged

3) Did you submit your billing information via the "insecure" web page between Aug 1, 2006 and when it was taken down? (yes/no)
    no

(yes/no/I wasn't charged)
    I wasn't charged (actually, I didn't submit info during this time. Oops, I need another option.)

4) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page AFTER the "insecure" web page was taken down? (yes/no)
    no

(yes/no/I wasn't charged)
    I didn't submit info during this time period.

5) If you answered "yes" to #4, approximately what date did you submit the info?
    N/A

1) Did you receive the $0.99 charge? yes 2 of them in fact

2) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page prior to Aug 1, 2006? yes Back in like 2005..

2a) Was the card you submitted the one that received the 99c charge? Yes.

3) Did you submit your billing information via the "insecure" web page between Aug 1, 2006 and when it was taken down? No... I wasn't going to resubmit my data to them until I knew they were going to progress the game.

3a) Was the card you submitted the one that received the 99c charge? N/A

4) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page AFTER the "insecure" web page was taken down? No... same reasons as #3

4a) Was the card you submitted the one that received the 99c charge? N/A

5) If you answered "yes" to #4, approximately what date did you submit the info? N/A
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

1) no

2) no

2a) I didn't submit any info during this time period

3) dont think so

3a) I didn't submit any info during this time period

4) i believe so (may 2007)

4a) I wasn't charged

5) may 2007

Steelclaw.. What is it exactly that you are hoping to determine? There is no mystery as to where the charges are coming from... They are from EII. As stated in the other thread when one of the people who were charged disputed the charges it appears that EII is claiming it's for a membership in their gamers club for $1 a month per account you had with HZ.

It's fraudulent because you never agreed to the membership, it was never offered to you and most importantly there si no way for you to opt out of the recurring CC charge. (That meets 100% of the fraud criteria).

What is it you are trying to determine? Some people got the charges others havent.. yet. The fact is that ANYONE getting charged the $.99 should take it up with their CC provider. I seriously dont understand what people are having a hard time grasping about this.. It's your money though not mine.

Good luck

1) Nope

2) Yes

2a) Not applicable since I didn't receive the charge

3) No

3a) Didn't submit info during this time period

4) Yes

4a) Nope, didn't receive the charge again

5) Not applicable

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

According to Fratricide who phoned his bank (mentioned in the other thread), the charges came from EII via PaybyTouch. PaybyTouch=iPay. They change their name as often as EII did:P. So for all we know EII told PbT to reactive all the accounts that have EVER played HZ. For all we know PbT would have considered EII completely within their rights to reactivate all those old accounts. We also know that people are still getting charged by EII AFTER this sale went though.

Since this is all done through PaybyTouch by EII and has nothing to do with the current owner of HZ, there is nothing the current owner can do to help us. I suppose that the only thing anyone can do is contact PaybyTouch and try to get them to refund the charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikus View Post
    Steelclaw.. What is it exactly that you are hoping to determine?
    I am trying to determine whether there is a common connection between the people being billed (besides actually receiving the charge). If such a connection can be established, then those people meeting certain criteria can be notified.

The connection may also reveal how they got put onto a recurring billing plan. That is, whether EI said "Take all the horizons accounts and bill them $0.99 per month", or if they skimmed your credit card info as it was going to PBT, or something else.

Finally, this gives me and anyone else interested an idea of how widespread the problem is.

Now, stop trying to derail my thread. You're more than welcome to answer the questions, otherwise, take this discussion to PMs or start another thread. That is all I have to say to you here.

i can't answer any of the questions...

Their web page would not let me change my address to my new residence.

Therefore they won't be able to bill me anymore until that's fixed.

So I figured I would just let it go until they fixed it or like now... a new system is in place.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

1) Did you receive the $0.99 charge? I have 2 accounts - no on both

2) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page prior to Aug 1, 2006? Yes on one account, no on the other

2a) Was the card you submitted the one that received the 99c charge? I wasn't charged the $.99

3) Did you submit your billing information via the "insecure" web page between Aug 1, 2006 and when it was taken down? no

I wasn't charged

4) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page AFTER the "insecure" web page was taken down? yes, on my second account

I wasn't charged

5) If you answered "yes" to #4, approximately what date did you submit the info? N/A

Summary - 2 accounts, one submitted prior to 8/1/06, the other submitted in about October, 2006. Neither got the $.99 charges.

It sounds like some people are getting these and some are not. I'd like to see if there is some kind of trend here.

If you are reading this, please respond to ALL of the questions below, (except #5, as it depends on your answer to #4):

1) Did you receive the $0.99 charge? no

2) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page prior to Aug 1, 2006? no. I think A bit after.

2a) Was the card you submitted the one that received the 99c charge? I wasn't charged

3) Did you submit your billing information via the "insecure" web page between Aug 1, 2006 and when it was taken down? I dont know when it was taken down.

I wasn't charged.

4) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page AFTER the "insecure" web page was taken down? I guess?

I wasnt charged.

5) If you answered "yes" to #4, approximately what date did you submit the info? dec - feb 06/07 I think? No idea.

I cancelled my sub before aug 1 07 (this month) in an attempt to catch up on money owed all over (I'm a poor college student now), and reactivated when I noticed life on the forum.

No to all
    why
    cancelled credit card after Ei stiffed me for a nice sum

Remember before getting too many answers, EI has always been very manual in anything. They are most likely inputting the charges by hand, so just like all the spam emails they send out, these could take several days or weeks to start showing up.

1) Did you receive the $0.99 charge? (no)

2) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page prior to Aug 1, 2006? (yes)

2a) Was the card you submitted the one that received the 99c charge? (I wasn't charged)

3) Did you submit your billing information via the "insecure" web page between Aug 1, 2006 and when it was taken down? (no)

(I didn't submit any info during this time period)

4) Did you submit your billing information via the "brown" web page AFTER the "insecure" web page was taken down? (no)

(I didn't submit any info during this time period)

N/A

As a side note: I saw that earlier someone had mentioned the $0.99 charge was for gamershaven.com or something...I'd been getting newsletters from...someone, but since it wasn't I subbed to, it just went in the junk box.

I think they meant mygamehaven.com, that has always been possessed by EII/wateva people. Funny thing should they be charging for subscription, seeing the site has no members login or any such - meaning there's no extra content you are supposedly paying for. Does that fulfill the requirements of "a fraud"?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard View Post
    Does that fulfill the requirements of "a fraud"?
    Code:
    //to check for fraud

int Fraud_Test
    If (charge_authorized == 0)
    {
         Fraud = 1;
    }
    If (EII_presence == 1)
    {
         Fraud = 1;
         Echo "WARNING: EI INTERACTIVE DETECTED!  HIDE YOUR WOMEN AND WALLETS";
    }
    Else (Fraud = 0)

Return;

I had that charage show up on my card and I ha information entered last year

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65 View Post
    According to Fratricide who phoned his bank (mentioned in the other thread), the charges came from EII via PaybyTouch. PaybyTouch=iPay. They change their name as often as EII did:P. So for all we know EII told PbT to reactive all the accounts that have EVER played HZ. For all we know PbT would have considered EII completely within their rights to reactivate all those old accounts. We also know that people are still getting charged by EII AFTER this sale went though.

Since this is all done through PaybyTouch by EII and has nothing to do with the current owner of HZ, there is nothing the current owner can do to help us. I suppose that the only thing anyone can do is contact PaybyTouch and try to get them to refund the charges.
    I talked to PaybyTouch to contest the charge from EII and they didnt even know that EII had sold, and Stated that they had not finished processing all of the charges for EII for horizons.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Look at your statements again, folks. It appears that that $.99 is now getting refunded.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Yes mine was refunded. Well what do ya know! I do have a payment that is about due. It will be interesting to see who gets it. If EII is on it, I will get hold of PbT, if the new company's name is on it, then that is where it needs to go.

However, do we really know when the official hand over took place? I am usually billed around the 27th of the month. So maybe EII is entitled to part of it.

Thread Information