Thread: No more tokens!

Exclamation No more tokens!

Please, no more tokens. We have got plenty enough of these sub currencies now.
    • Imperial Tokens
    • Clerical Tokens
    • Rift Tokens
    • Fiery Rift Tokens
    • Nature Lore Tokens
    • Token of Gratitude
    • Epic Token
    • Istarian Express Checks
    • Ornaments

Each new larger questline or revamp introdruces new tokens. It's enough.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: No more tokens!

I'm sorry you feel that way. Tokens and alternate currencies are a useful way of requiring players to do specific content in order of earn specific rewards. Without tokens currencies there is a good way of handling this.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

It would just be so much more better if they weren't items taking up slots but instead proper currencies.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    It would just be so much more better if they weren't items taking up slots but instead proper currencies.
    Could be a solution, adding a "coin purse" to the character equipment window, just like a backpack. Could be even Tiered, T1 with 5 stacks up to T6 with 30 stacks, only useable for these currency alike tokens.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

or just add currency token icons near your regular coin in inventory window...

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Is all that really necessary? Wouldnt it be just simpler to make pouch in vault where you keep your tokens? Its not like you need to have them with you all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoubek View Post
    Is all that really necessary? Wouldnt it be just simpler to make pouch in vault where you keep your tokens? Its not like you need to have them with you all the time.
    and what about the players with no free vault space?

I'm tired of tokens. I can't keep them all in my brain anymore. Remember the bounty markers? Those were bad enough.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    and what about the players with no free vault space?
    If you have no vault space and full plot then you kinda have problem to operate normally anyway so you should make space imo.
    Having alternative currencies show somewhere separate so as they dont take stack would be nice, but like no big deal really.

I like the idea of a container on the character.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Zoubek View Post
    If you have no vault space and full plot then you kinda have problem to operate normally anyway so you should make space imo.
    easier said than done. I have every craft school, I have jewelry, tools and craft armors for all. that alone takes up much of my stack ability. then we have the items that are special items (collectables) odds and ends, and so on.. not everyone wants to carry all their craft gear in their backpacks.. leaving them with no room to carry any decent amounts of resources. so one hand washes the other.. you forfeit one thing for something else. On top of that, we now have a bug that I reported about cargo disks not returning to vaults from consigners. so have to swap those out now. also some crafters keep stock of certain resources, so as to have on hand to make more when needed. then you have all the gear for biped adventure schools. I can not always afford a plot sub. we are not all this fortunate to have all we want. I did recently have a plot sub and didn't take long to fill the T6 guild hall

One thing would make it easier if we could put attuned items anywhere. It has to be in our vault? those take stack space.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

If we created a "Quest Bag" that came off of our Backpacks on the player. A separate Quest slot if you will that didn't take up space in your backpack. We could have all quest items go into that. Quest items would of course have 0 bulk and unlimited space for special drops.

No need to take up space in inventory backpack or vault space.

-Kor

Only if we could move quest items out of the quest bag. Collecting quest items with interesting lore and RP applicability is a cherished hobby on Order.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Oh a quest bag would be nice..
    I have many quest items I would place in there to make vault space...
    100 / 100 / 100 / 100 Lunus
    "Mythclaws" Saris

Thread Information