Thread: Spotted ! Strange object in Eastern Deadlands

Default Spotted ! Strange object in Eastern Deadlands

As a reminder, here's the preliminary report (http://www.istaria.com/tell-me-about...f-istaria.html):

Imperial Scout's Report, June 33 A.R…
    Something strange sighted deep in the Eastern Deadlands; an object lay in the middle of a canyon surrounded by numerous grotesque, twisted trees and the minions of the Withered Aegis. Due to the distance, my fear of discovery and the swirling maelstrom overhead, I could not discern many details. I did not recognize the creatures, but they appeared to be undead as they walked with a strange gait. Nor could I make out the nature of the object itself, except that it was as black as night and was nearly as large as those who stood near it … One thing, however, was clear and that was that they were protecting it. It is certainly worthy of further investigation, though I advise extreme caution.
    Here it is : The Almighty Cauldron

Warning ! Don't get too close from it, as it has a damaging aura and is invincible (coords : 31000/24700).
    Last edited by SuHuz; August 28th, 2017 at 11:27 PM.
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

Default Re: Spotted ! Strange object in Eastern Deadlands

someone misspelled Misty Aura on cursed misty health potion form. wrong spelling of Effect: Misty Arua

Potions use a ton of ingredients for just 1 potion each.

now how do you kill a risen skeleton that can't be damaged?
    Last edited by Malicore; August 29th, 2017 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    someone misspelled Misty Aura on cursed misty health potion form. wrong spelling of Effect: Misty Arua

Potions use a ton of ingredients for just 1 potion each.

now how do you kill a risen skeleton that can't be damaged?
    I can't be the only one that figured that out can I? :P

I already have a bunch of the ingredients now, so I guess not. though there should still be some other part of the quest that gives an ability to kill them. no?

I already have a bunch of the ingredients now, so I guess not. though there should still be some other part of the quest that gives an ability to kill them. no?
    No? You can quite easily kill them as-is, you just need to be willing to take a risk/kill yourself a little.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    No? You can quite easily kill them as-is, you just need to be willing to take a risk/kill yourself a little.
    This doesn't mean it's the only way, or the right way. In any other circumstance this would be considered a bug. So if a dev could enlighten us with a real answer? Is this by design? Appreciated

This doesn't mean it's the only way, or the right way. In any other circumstance this would be considered a bug. So if a dev could enlighten us with a real answer? Is this by design? Appreciated
    There is indeed just one way of fighting the risen skeletons, this is by design.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Once you have the "Dying" effect on you, that does life damage in a never ending dot, you can damage the skeletons. The Cauldron is not meant to be killed. If your health gets low, you can run out of range, the dot will drop off, and you can heal up and then go back in for more.

After an hour of hunting the skeletons, I had enough mats to make 2 each of 3 of the potions, and 3 of the last potion. It's kinda slow going.

I made 5 cauldron, 6 curse str, 6 cursed health and , 8 cursed misty health aura so far. I know the Cauldron is an NPC

Thread Information