Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the Order Shard, to everyone

Default We are no freaks

Order is a tight, helpful, friendly and warm hearted community.
    Like on the other shards noone has to play, fight or stay alone.
    I can tell. I`m on each day since I logged in on Order years ago.

But what a false impression others might get,
    if they read about Order in forum

I do not mean to offend anyone who posted here about grievances of Order.
    I try to understand, and often it makes me sad and angry to hear about all that.

But I can assure that we have fun together every day. That we talk and laugh together. That we share probs ingame or rl. That lots of us are connected via skype just to enjoy,
    to coordinate hunts or to discuss/explain patch-notes or dev- desk e.g.
    Most of us are busy all the time. But never too busy to answer questions, craft equippment or help with quests. And there is always someone to great you welcome.

WE ARE NO FREAKS

Say something, Order
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: We are no freaks

Agreed. While the fact that Order is an RP server can bring out more problems simply due to the nature of RP, it's really sad that a few people seem to assume the entire server is full of crazies based only on the conflicts that occasionally appear on the forums.

People are just as friendly and helpful on Order as I assume they are on Chaos. You ask a question in a chat channel and you'll usually get multiple people trying to help, even if they have to explain, in-depth and step-by-step, how to do something that's explained in the tutorials.

And RP itself ins't a bad guy here either. There are a number of people on the shard that play only for RP, sometimes to the point where their character has no levels at all.

The facts are that the goods outweigh the bads significantly, and many of the conflicts that happen on Order can happen anywhere. Anytime you get a group of people together, there will be problems at some point. But Order's community is smaller, and many times a conflict that might be small on Chaos can have a much bigger effect on Order because the community is so tight-knit.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Why was this moved? I don't entirely see the point of this thread being moved. I believe the entire purpose of Lovwyrm posting this thread was to get the message out to non-Order players, not to people that are already in Order. It being in the Order forum kind of defeats the purpose. >.> As far as I can see this thread falls well within the constraints of General, as it is a discussion aimed at the Istarian community as a whole, not just the Order community. (In fact it's not even meant to address the existing Order community to begin with.)

Thank you Akrion.

This thread was put into "General" by intention.

I wanted all Istarians to read it. Order people already know.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I just don't see any point in this thread being moved in contrast to other threads. Why was the "Farewell, Order." thread left in the Taking a Leave forum? That has absolutely nothing to do with leaving Istaria and absolutely everything to do with the Order community, yet it remains where it was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I can tell. I`m on each day since I logged in on Order years ago.

But what a false impression others might get,
    if they read about Order in forum
    Hi Lov,
    despite all the weird stories - and they are weird and not inviting to play on Order - I always thought -Lov plays on order so it's impossible that it is that bad

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Exclamation Re: We are no freaks

I second the request to move this thread back to General. This isn't aimed at the Order community but at the other shards' players. Please, developpers, put this thread back on General as soon as possible.

Agreed 100%. Order IS a very fun and great shard to be on, despite what a few people might think because say....they have a problem with one person and then assume the entire community is wretched and terrible.

Constantly, I am defending order on DA from a few nay-sayers who LOOOOOVE to just slam order and paint nearly everyone there with a single brush stroke. Heck, I was even barred from commenting on Sorian's DA page because I would bring up fallacies in his arguments.

The fact is that there are many, many very friendly and helpful people on Order who would love to help newbies with quests or even getting introduced to RP.

Also, whatever people may think, Order is NOT just filled with uber serious dark rps. For heaven's sake, I get into nice, relaxed, fun RPs far more often then I get into ultra serious confrontational ones! People need to really, really stop spouting half-truths and twisted information just because they feel slightly ticked that one person did something.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Unhappy Re: We are no freaks

Quote Originally Posted by Sereamha View Post
    Agreed 100%. Order IS a very fun and great shard to be on, despite what a few people might think because say....they have a problem with one person and then assume the entire community is wretched and terrible.

Constantly, I am defending order on DA from a few nay-sayers who LOOOOOVE to just slam order and paint nearly everyone there with a single brush stroke. Heck, I was even barred from commenting on Sorian's DA page because I would bring up fallacies in his arguments.

The fact is that there are many, many very friendly and helpful people on Order who would love to help newbies with quests or even getting introduced to RP.

Also, whatever people may think, Order is NOT just filled with uber serious dark rps. For heaven's sake, I get into nice, relaxed, fun RPs far more often then I get into ultra serious confrontational ones! People need to really, really stop spouting half-truths and twisted information just because they feel slightly ticked that one person did something.
    I had nice, fun and good RP there, since I am on this game, from the end of 2008, but sadly, some people seem to take the slightest occasion for attacking and denigrating the whole Order shard and its community of RPers and non-RPers, on this forum, on deviantart and elsewhere, whatever the thread's topic is about and whatever the issue can be.

I, too, cannot see the reasoning for moving this not only to the Order shard forum, but to a subforum of it. It seems almost buried here. :/

I have nothing against Order, and by no means does it consist of "freaks."

I'm sure a lot of you read my good bye to Order post, and I think a lot of you misunderstood. I moved shards because of my personal problems, not because of Order itself.

I suffer from some bad emotional disorders. I can't handle any of the more emotional and dramatic role playing. I'm not saying, "Order needs to calm down!" I'm saying that I need to calm down. XD Order is a great shard, always has been. But I can't handle the stuff that goes on there. If I could help it, I would have stayed. But I found Chaos to be very welcoming and decided it would be better for me if I moved.

For people who like RP, I would still recommend Order. For people who don't, I would recommend Chaos. For people who like to RP but have serious emotional problems like I do, I would recommend Chaos.

Again, it was entirely because of ME that I left, NOT because of Order. Just to make it clear so no one misunderstands.
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

ill miss you scaleeth, ill miss you greatly on the shard of order
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

I'll miss you too, Saph, and don't worry, I still have hatchlings on Order that might come to visit here and there.
    ~Proud owner of~

Well, some enjoy to do light RP, with funny things, like when hatchlings are playing, and that sort of things... feel free to poke me if you are up for this, with one of your hatchlings.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleth Drakescale View Post
    I'm sure a lot of you read my good bye to Order post, and I think a lot of you misunderstood.
    If it helps any, it wasn't you that made me want to reply to this post. Mostly it's comments on threads that pertain to Order by outsiders looking in who see only what crops up on the forums and none of what does not, then proceed to assume that drama is all that ever happens on the entire shard.

I have nothing against Order, and by no means does it consist of "freaks."

I'm sure a lot of you read my good bye to Order post, and I think a lot of you misunderstood. I moved shards because of my personal problems, not because of Order itself.

I suffer from some bad emotional disorders. I can't handle any of the more emotional and dramatic role playing. I'm not saying, "Order needs to calm down!" I'm saying that I need to calm down. XD Order is a great shard, always has been. But I can't handle the stuff that goes on there. If I could help it, I would have stayed. But I found Chaos to be very welcoming and decided it would be better for me if I moved.

For people who like RP, I would still recommend Order. For people who don't, I would recommend Chaos. For people who like to RP but have serious emotional problems like I do, I would recommend Chaos.

Again, it was entirely because of ME that I left, NOT because of Order. Just to make it clear so no one misunderstands.
    Unfortunately it seems that every little thing that can be seen as a problem about Order is jumped on by a number of players in this forum, trying to persuade people to move to Chaos or not even bother joining Order. People taking your post about leaving Order as another clip of ammo to use against the shard was ultimately inevitable.

And Devs, could you please return this thread to General? It's clear a number of people agree that it doesn't belong in the Order forums, let alone an Order sub forum. The OP might as well of said "Order players play on Order" what with how much relevance this thread has being here.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Unfortunately it seems that every little thing that can be seen as a problem about Order is jumped on by a number of players in this forum, trying to persuade people to move to Chaos or not even bother joining Order. People taking your post about leaving Order as another clip of ammo to use against the shard was ultimately inevitable.
    I posted that thread to give my friends on Order an explanation why I left, NOT to create drama. But if people want to make drama out of it, then go ahead. I, however, will have nothing to do with it. People will move to chaos because they want to move to chaos. If you and others are going to be a jerk about it, then you, as well, are creating another clip of ammo to use against Order. Which is not something that I or anyone on Order wants.
    ~Proud owner of~

O_o I really don't think Akrion was trying to be a jerk about anything. He's just stating what seems to happen anytime anyone posts something about what's wrong with/leaving Order. It's not you he's talking about that causes problems. Calm down.

I posted that thread to give my friends on Order an explanation why I left, NOT to create drama. But if people want to make drama out of it, then go ahead. I, however, will have nothing to do with it. People will move to chaos because they want to move to chaos. If you and others are going to be a jerk about it, then you, as well, are creating another clip of ammo to use against Order. Which is not something that I or anyone on Order wants.
    <.< I was just responding to your comments about how you think what you said was misunderstood, and that you didn't leave because of Order. I was explaining that the people that ultimately took what you said in the context of Order being a bad shard seemingly do so with anything they can just to say that Order is a bad shard. That it was inevitable for your reason for leaving Order to be taken in such a way. I didn't say it was your fault for it being taken that way.

Exclamation From the Order Shard, to everyone

Now, since the other thread that lovwyrm made got moved, I figured that I would make one myself here as this is a shout-out to everyone out there about Order.

There are many misconceptions about the Order Role-Playing server, people see us as a very unfriendly community or one that is no where near as helpful as Chaos (not to say anything against Chaos of course, I am sure you are all wonderful!). But we are nothing as the forums portray us to be like. We are a very helpful, friendly, and open-minded community.

I wanted this to be spoken out a while ago and I regretfully have not had the chance to do so. Lovwyrm took a step to do that, but the post was moved before anyone on the -outside- could view it.

We welcome everyone here, it is not a bad shard where we bash people, maul them for making a simple mistake, or refuse to answer any of their questions. Many, and I do mean -many-, of us strive to make people feel at home. I welcome people to the server all the time when I see someone new passing by. Friends, guildmates, and others are always willing to say "Hello! How are you doing today?"

My point being is that, we, the Order Shard community, are not bad. Don't be offset by the posts in the forums or rumors you hear from others about us. Come and see for yourself and I -promise- should you interact with some of the players that have been here for a long time, you will get a very friendly and welcoming response.

Thread Information