T4 bulk150 Stack 075
    T6 bulk200 Stack 100

Grand Hall: Storage and shrine
    T6 bulk 60,000 Stack 360

Vault: Access to vault
    T3

Shrine: Shrine
    T3

I hope this helps. ALL DATA SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT OUR DISCRETION! If we need to change any of these in order to improve the game, we will. We will not change these lightly, once players are building them on Live worlds.

David Bowman

David Bowman

Default Re: Lair Chamber functions

Thank you!

I'm printing this out for quick reference.

Are we allowed to have more then one hall and/or more then one lair? If we can (or if we can have both a hall and a lair) does each still have it's own storage? I never built a biped plot, maybe this is old news.

Heh, I thought the halls looked so cool I was going to have one just for the looks (and the higher tier ones make a great central junction for quick navigation) although maybe when I start figuring how long it'll take me to build one I'll change my mind.

Please keep us posted if anything changes.

You once mentioned a hoard room. Before players start building on live, could you tell us how approximately how big it will be and (ideally) where it's attach points will be so we can leave room? If not exactly then whatever you can tell us?Although in my case it'll probably take a year to fill up lair to the point where it would be a problem unless the hoard room turns out to be about the size of a grand hall.

Thanks again!

WOW at Machine Chambers.... I know where people will be processing their t6 resources
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

That is a misprint actually. Machines give a static point bonus just like biped machines do. 15 points per Tier so a Tier 6 machine would add 90 points, not 90%.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Very nice post many thanks on getting that typed out.The bonuses and benefits look solid and certainly comparable to regular plots (a bit better on some) and i have had a blast planning and fooling with lairs. Only concerns atm lie in resource counts and space limits if rumors of 10 layer lairs being gone are true....

and as far as the planning window goes it allows u to put more than 1 library ofthe sametier even tho the limit says only 1 atm.

yes akul some lairs have been bought on live servers already...a couple were marked as for sale in some of the outskirt areas. assuming that they will be lost tho when the auction starts up like the prebought biped plots were the very first time iirc.
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Do we need lvl 100 lairshaping to create T6 chambers?
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Thanks DB, that was what I was looking for!!!

And thanks for thew clarification Amon, I would have been very disappointed to find 15 points instead of 15%
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri
    Do we need lvl 100 lairshaping to create T6 chambers?
    I would assume yes. You will need to be level 100 to have the Tier 6 Laircrafter ability which I assume will be needed to apply constrution items to the rooms.

I agree. Every craft class gets their tiered craft class abilities every 20 levels, and I can't see them making lairshaper an exception on this... so level 100 to apply tier VI materials will be necessary.

Additionally, quick comparison of dragon and biped machines;

dragon
    biped
    +15 (T1)

+25 (beginner)
    +30 (T2)

+45 (T3)

+50 (journeyman)
    +60 (T4)

+75 (T5)
    +75 (expert)
    +90 (T6)

Will there be +100 master level machines?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

seems to be you guys have lairs and halls backwards. shouldn't lairs have more and halls have less. And a lair have a shrine.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    seems to be you guys have lairs and halls backwards. shouldn't lairs have more and halls have less. And a lair have a shrine.
    Not really. Halls = Guild Hallsand Lairs = house.

Not entirely sure if this is an ignorant question or not, but....are there to be rooms where you could place lairshaping/crystalshaping machines to help build the rest of your chambers? Or will we need to run/port/fly to Dralk or Chiconis to do that part of construction? (Kinda....yikes! [:S]depending on how far out your lair is...)

Just my little thoughts. ^_^

EDIT: Nevermind, I read more slowly and caught Crystalshaper as the first item on the list. [:$] Durrrrr......

Too excited to get my eyeballs in straight. [:P]

And now I also have to say nevermind. Or maybe I wasn't reading so closely either.

Just to clarify, you can build all the machines and they come in tiers 1-6.

Ok I thought Halls = regular lair rooms and Grand Hall = Guild Hall??

And can someone please tell me the difference between Silo - a chamber with storage - and a vault.

Seems like that's three of the same thing?

How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote: seems to be you guys have lairs and halls backwards. shouldn't lairs have more and halls have less. And a lair have a shrine.

Not really. Halls = Guild Hallsand Lairs = house.
    yes but dragon=lairs halls=???

The big mamajama should be a Grand Lair

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Think of it more like this...

Lair = House
    Hall = Guild House
    Grand Hall = Nothing comparable

Silos are different than Vaults in several ways. Silos only allow 1 stack with high bulk. Vaults allow lots of stacks. Vaults also allow storage of attuned items while other plot structures do not.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Even low tier halls are very large and elaborate. Far larger and more elaborate then a lair. It makes sense that they have more.

I'll add that I absolutely adore the halls. I'll most likely end up with more then one even if it adds months to my construction time. I'll probably have a low tier one initially and then a high tier one near the bottom.

I'm hoping therenot be aproblem with that. It would be very nice if we were given a heads up if there would be a problem (just let us know if we are only allowed one hall per lair plot even if they aren't the same tier).

Because they span several levels I've been trying to work them in as ways to move between levels as well as acting as a junction of many corridors so as to give some sort of sanity to my maze/lair and hopefully keep me from getting lost in my own lair.

yeah, I'm going to skip a lair altogether. If I can ever get the grand hall to come up on my room list I'm going to place it and see how many other rooms I can squeeze into my lair plot

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

So far, based on what I know of biped construction, there is a lair equivalent. Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    Even low tier halls are very large and elaborate. Far larger and more elaborate then a lair. It makes sense that they have more.
    Because they span several levels I've been trying to work them in as ways to move between levels as well as acting as a junction of many corridors so as to give some sort of sanity to my maze/lair and hopefully keep me from getting lost in my own lair.
    And to that, I say--Screw you sanity! XD
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Thread Information