Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Healer

Default Talk to the Team: Healer

Quick thread, kind of open-ended. Wanted to collect folks suggestions for improvements or changes as well as any bugs they know of in the Healer school. Post here please.

Update: I am not asking about issues with monster aggro so please don't bring that up. I'm asking about specific issues with the school itself (like we did in the other threads).
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 30th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

Amon,

Would it be possible to create another Attack spell for the Life skill?
    Bolt, Wave, Fist, Spear? I think Mystic Blaze is really useful but very
    lonely in that line of spells.

can we also do something about the (mostly useless) Purify spell?
    With the Cleanse Techs, PURIFY has become IMO null and void.

that is all I can think of at this moment.

As always, thanks for trying to improve the Game!
    Andaras

Purify is available very early on and is therefore useful to those who haven't yet acquired tech'd stuff.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Leveling a healer, without other classes already completed, is the most mind numbingly boring experiences I've ever had in any MMO. Healers only get two real damage abilities/spells - mystic blaze & smash.

Hopefully creative ways can be made to help make healer leveling/soloing more fun and interactive.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

I would think healers should get life attacks which are particularly useful against undead but not so much against living creatures. I'm not sure if Blighted (e.g., kwellen) should be susceptible to the life attacks the same way undead would be, but I could certainly make an argument for it. The good-against-undead approach would give healers a direction for leveling a little faster but still be limited in many combats.

My suggestion is about the healing master ability could you clarify how it works.
    For those that don't know or have the ability it stats the following

Healing Master ability says "Permanent improvement to all healing spells"

Increase heals by 0 - 45
    their other ability of life giver is better than healing master, is this 0 to 45 random amount or a random number given at the time the player gains the ability?

if the latter and the random number ends up being zero its a pretty useless passive ability at that point.

I agree that a healer does have very few attacks along with the weaker armor use, shield and one hand crush skill, the mystic blaze spell is a 30 second recycle so really they have no real offence alone and the fact a pure healer at lv 100 will be restricted to lv 71 armor making cleric a currently better choice for a pure healing class due to A: better armor and armor use B:abilities more suited toward both solo and group hunting.

The Smash ability only does increased damage if the player uses the Red Stance but is 30 seconds recycle.

A healers Illustrious stand IV is -152 chance to hit only against undead its ok if your spend the majority of the time hunting undead

Perhaps keep healers armor use, one hand crush , shield the same as the clerics to compensate for the lack of offensive abilities or attack

Change the healing master from the 0 - 45 to something that would be more suited to a healer like perhaps as example 20 to 50 life increase.

If you have Healer as "stand alone" class, it is almost impossible to lvl up.
    I have a lvl 44 pure healer, and i cant hardly kill lvl a lvl 38-40.

Maybe change the healer abit, so its possible to have it as a "stand alone" class.

Also, some more life spell attacks.

Would be good to have 1 or 2 healing spells only to the healer, that heal over time
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

How about a (mighty? ;)) damage spell that wounds undead but heals living enemies like animals. That would be real great.

Personally I think that Healer should be hard to play solo and not multiclassed. It's a pure supportive class that helps other people doing their hunts. There should still be a considerable difference between cleric and healer.
    But it would not hurt to have some more capabilities that are exclusive to the healer. Maybe another group heal, like "improved group heal". I'd put it on another timer and make it a bit stronger than the ordinary group heal spell. Maybe make the timer a bit longer to not overpower healer. As far as my current healer experience goes group heal is the spell I cast most... but for that I don't need to switch classes. Getting a second group heal would be a sure thing to switch classes for every epic mob hunt out there. :)

(Yeah, I know, supreme rezz and full live are nice... but you survive the hunts without them, so I often don't switch classes when I'm called in as healing biped. I'm not really recognizing much effect of the passive abilities that improve the healing power, also.)
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thinking more on this and seeing others suggestions, I've had another
    Idea.

Guardian has an ability (non masterable) called Stone Hammer - it
    applies to their Crush weapon and converts to Nature Damage.

Maybe Healer could get an ability like that - Call it "Life Hammer"?
    (Non-masterable, convert weapon damage to Life damage)

Andaras

also, i think that instant Group heal should not be masterable. Make the healer more unique, with more non masterable abilities ect.

That goes for alot of classes. To many abilities are masterable

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    That goes for alot of classes. To many abilities are masterable
    I disagree with this...

If less abilities were masterable; what would be the point of lvling them all to 100? Just to say you did?

Well I don't like doing stuff just to say I did. I want there to be a reason. And the best reason of all...? Mastered abilities.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Add some damaging attacks and spells. They can share timers with healing spells, so as not to overpower the class.

Example:
    some new melee attack on a 2 minute recycle - shares timer with full heal ability (this is what 1 hour recycle?). Since recycle is shared, using the melee attack resets the timer on full heal to be available in 2 minutes (so it just barely nudges it).

New bolt spell, Life Bolt perhaps, no shared recycle with anything.

AOE bomb spell - shares recycle timer with Major health, Group health

AOE life debuff - shares recycle timer with Minor health.

Something like that.

A non-masterable ability that converts damage to life damage similar to flame attack or primal attack would be nice.
    I just lost the game.

There are many masterable abilities yes but taking away those would just mean allot of players that already have them would i would wager be rather upset, second of those masterable abilities not many that are mastered are as strong as being in that class since a number of them have different teirs and only tiers up to lv 50 gained and below can even be mastered leaving the more stronger version of these abilities restricted to certain classes.
    an example Bloodmage gains syphon IV at lv 42 an mastered at lv 84, but a lv 100 bloodamge has syphon VIII 3 tiers stronger than the mastered version an only available to the lv 100 bloodmage or syphon X is only available to a lv 100 spiritist. so leaving the currently masterable abilites alone but maybe adding a class specific ability or abilities for healer only might be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Andaras View Post
    Thinking more on this and seeing others suggestions, I've had another
    Idea.

Guardian has an ability (non masterable) called Stone Hammer - it
    applies to their Crush weapon and converts to Nature Damage.

Maybe Healer could get an ability like that - Call it "Life Hammer"?
    (Non-masterable, convert weapon damage to Life damage)

Andaras
    Teach me to post without verifying skills first.

I misnamed the skill I was thinking of. Even though "Life hammer"
    would make a cool extra attack for Healer, I was actually thinking of
    "Guardian's Force" skill which converts melee Damage.

So a "Healer's Force" ability was what I really wanted to suggest.

Thanks,
    Andaras

being an old fashioned roleplayer,
    I dislike the idea, that healers could take /damage life of creatures seriously.

So I would love to see them very strong against undead,
    and in my opinion healers should be best in defense- so I like to see something
    like CoT/spiked scales- but stronger- and only on the healer himself
    (makes sense, cause mobs tend to go for the healer first).
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    So I would love to see them very strong against undead,
    and in my opinion healers should be best in defense- so I like to see something
    like CoT/spiked scales- but stronger- and only on the healer himself
    (makes sense, cause mobs tend to go for the healer first).
    I dont like the idea that the healer to be better in defence, thats the tanks job :)

But i like the idea that the healer got a selfonly ability like pulsing spectrum.

I don't think Healer needs any specific class only attacks. A Healer can get by using the standard bolts and whacking sticks available to all classes.

Healer-like abilities available through other schools:
    Detoxify Self, Detoxify Other - Druid
    Allocate Health - Spiritist

Illustrious Stand IV - Lovwyrm, this ablity is a group buff against incoming attacks from the undead. (-152 to the critter's attack)

Aura of Health III - Should be more powerful and overwrite similar abilities from other classes ie Breezes, Field of Growth.

Ability Recycle Timers:

Superior Heal VIII
    - 5 Min
    Instant Heal X - 5 Min
    Full Heal - 1 hour (May as well let my group members die so I can Super Rez them quicker)
    Group Instant Heal IV - 10 min

The timers for these four abilities could all use a little adjusting. eg Superior Heal & Instant Heal 3 mins, Group Instant Heal 5 mins, Full Heal 5 mins.

Superior Resurrect - 15 mins No problem with this timer as normal Rez is available on a 30 sec recycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortura View Post
    I don't think Healer needs any specific class only attacks. A Healer can get by using the standard bolts and whacking sticks available to all classes.
    That only helps for multiclassing a healer. The healer itself only gets One Hand Crush as offensive skill, and with 8 per level that's not really much skill. Additionally the necessary attributes strength and dexterity are very low with 5 and 6 per level.
    So damage output and hit rate should be inconceivable low for a healer only character. Some more damage spells/abilities based on the life skill would help very much in this case.

That's maybe the most important question for the healer class: Do you really want it to be enjoyable as first class for a biped? Currently it is definitively more a stats boost for bipeds that already learned other schools that can do some damage to mobs.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I would like to see a Life Bolt. I would also love to see a Life Attack buff, even if self-only and/or non-masterable OR even something similar to Reaver's Ethereal Blade.

Also, I do believe the recycle on the Healer's abilities needs to be seriously adjusted down, please :)

I'm not so sure Healer needs to be more solo friendly, but it should definitely offer more over Cleric, especially in grouping situations.

Thanks for listening, see yas in Istaria! :)
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information