Thread: May "In Development" Preview Discussion

Default May "In Development" Preview Discussion

Use this thread to discuss the latest May "In Development" Preview.

You can read it here.

OK - I really like the idea of the BIG PICTURE PREVIEW and then the follow up "here's the part we are working on daily atm." Very nice preview thanks for the additional head's up.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

And without further delay, meet the newly arrived boss of the island, Urgat the Wicked:

wow i would love to see some epic mobs added for all tiers ^^ (with a rating restriction on it)

would be great to see groups from all tiers involved in this epic hunts!

give them their epics to hunt ^^

Do my eyes deceive me? or they are actually bringing back the "Reanimated" creatures

After the merge they mysteriously vanished without a trace.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    And without further delay, meet the newly arrived boss of the island, Urgat the Wicked
    i just got a few days before the honor to kick him a few times in the air, for me it seems its just like a normal named mob

But its a nice challenge for the newly gifted

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ah, but here's what differentiates him from other named mobs... He has a story.

Lore and history are always nice touches - thanks Amon and anyone that assisted.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Ah, but here's what differentiates him from other named mobs... He has a story.
    and? is it an interesting mob? is it rewarding to hunt him? or only a named with a short story?

New players will find out.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Add whatever you want to your soups or your steaks. Chocolate-covered chicken kabobs? No problem!

hmm how will this work? if you hit craft button then a windows open and you drag in the components you want to add?

So it seems the confectioner change will happen soon?

Seasonings work like techniques (both pre and post application). So you can add them to your foods while making the food, or you can drag them onto your food after it has been made.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

quote: We're also patching new particle effect files that have been fixed so that they will properly scale. Particle Effects are meant to scale with your skill level so that the higher your level, the better the particle effect looks. This was not happening before and all particle effects were being displayed at their highest level all of the time.

i noticed the last days that the spirit bolt looks different then before (dark shadow arms added).

is this the result from it? some meant that this effect has been ingame since release?

have other spells/abilites been changed too?

or does this mean that the ability look less cool if your skill is lower? like illustrous stance (since release, higher version more effect)

Those arms have been on spirit bolt as long as I can remember. The item says that previously it was all on the highest setting, so I wager the highest will look the same, with lower levels less impressive.

When I created a new mage this weekend, the energy bolt definitely was less, um, shall we say, full.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by May preview
    Particle Effects are meant to scale with your skill level so that the higher your level, the better the particle effect looks. This was not happening before and all particle effects were being displayed at their highest level all of the time.
    It's been a long time for me, but this means for the Primal spells too, right? No "Flame Bolt" animation for Prime Bolt and Primal spells (and abilities) have their own animations?

Please clarify as I think some of the animations have not changed.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

For me the Dragon spell animation haven't changed

(I have all stuff turned on highest....)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    For me the Dragon spell animation haven't changed

(I have all stuff turned on highest....)
    Being your maxed no nothing will change. Try casting say a T1 primal bolt then have a new hatchling cast it. You should see a diffrence. Or even some one that just hit there T5 primal bolt that has mini skill to use it you might notice a diffrence then.

Nothing was changed with the animations. The particle effects were adjusted to have a minimum and maximum skill and to scale. Now, not all particle effects were setup this way from the start (Enhanced Flame Bolt and Engulf, for example, were not) but we will be fixing that over time. No new particle effects were created to go with spells.

Player-written quests? That sounds great!
    Is it possible to get a little hint as to how this will be done and what type of quests it will be able to do?

There is another tread about the quest maker. I think right in this section of the forms.

Quest editor nears completion - has some questions and answers

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information