Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horizons Crafting Calculator: NEW UNOFFICIAL SERVER

Default Horizons Crafting Calculator: NEW UNOFFICIAL SERVER

Thats right... after not seeing an update for 3 years, ive taken it upon myself to update this great program, and to share these updates with you!

Currently, ive been updating the database with all the tech comp changes, which is a big part of making this program useable again. I am about 50% done, and now extend it to the community to assist me in finishing it.

First off.. How to Use the alternate download server:

1: Make sure you have downloaded the lastest Horizons Crafting Calculator
    2: Update the database to the last OFFICIAL update from within the program
    3: Exit HCC
    4: Right click and save THIS CONFIG FILE Save it to the root of your HCC Directory. It should replace the file there.
    5: Restart HCC. It should inform you an update is availiable! Go to live update, and update to the newest database

You are done. If you ever want to revert it back to the Official server, simply edit the config.xml file, and remove the
    Code:
    <!--
    and
    Code:
    -->
    surounding the server, restart HCC and update from them to change all your files back to the Official Satabase

Now, it is a big project, and I am sure to get a few things wrong. To start, we are simply fixing what is already in there before we add new items.

if you see an error, please post the correction in the following format

Tech V
    2 Tier 5 Comps
    2 Tier 5 Comps

adjusting depending on what you are sending a correction for of coarse. if it is an item, please list ALL the components it uses so I can change it properly.

Have Fun! I will be putting updates once a day until the techs are fixed!

Default Re: Horizons Crafting Calculator: NEW UNOFFICIAL SERVER

Haven't checked too much through things yet, but I do see that the bug with the dragon cargo disks is still there. The relevant formulas are listed as "Nielenoss' Cargo Flyer" and "Flying Cargo Disk". The bug is the fact that the "Skill Used" is "Dragon Scalecraft" rather than "Scalecraft," meaning that the skill is always listed as "too low."

Other than that, it's great to see that someone's picking up HCC and making it useful again.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Dragon Cargo disk bug will be fixed on next update

Update has been uploaded. It includes the fix for dragon cargo disks, and 50% of techs completed

Thank you.

No Update today! Easter Weekend will see a large update though since I dont have to work

Valareos I've sent you a PM.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Valareos View Post
    Thats right... after not seeing an update for 3 years, ive taken it upon myself to update this great program, and to share these updates with you!
    Nice to see someone giving the good old HCC a bit of loving care and also good to see Istaria still around also. I left for reasons purely personal (when life changes you realise you can never really go back - Of course Horizons 2 would be a different matter ).

I think it's nice guesture to keep this database going (not that you need my blessing for anything ). If you need any advise about the underlying structure of the files/code I'm sure I can dig around a bit for ya.

Cheers,
    Matecuss

I keep meaning to interject but then something shiny rolls past and I have to chase it and what was I going to say? Oh yeah.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

No, really. I've been growing sadder and sadder as updates to the game knocked the HCC further out of synch; that someone is willing to put some love and time into fixing it makes me squeal with joy. I can use it again for teched things, eeeeeeee!

/salutes Matecuss as he goes past

Well done Valareos, really good work
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

its DONE! Yes yes yes.. All tech components have been fixed, which was perhaps the MAJOR part of getting the HCC working again. the April 22 Update has updated ALL techs, as well as added in papermaking and scripting.

I know that there is many formulas that need to be added, and they will be added over time. I will spend the rest of my easter break enjoying myself though so dont expect an update until next week.

Any bugs and requests for a priority add, feel free to post here. Happy Crafting

Thanks a lot. This was an unexpected surprise.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much!

Especially for newer players its a must have and motivation to craft!

Much appreciated.

Lov & Flame
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hi there, minor bug: Mining II uses Iron Boulder Golem Fragments, Not Iron Golem Fragments as HCC mentions. Found myself in an awkward place when I wanted some cargo gear with mining on it and had the wrong comps.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    Hi there, minor bug: Mining II uses Iron Boulder Golem Fragments, Not Iron Golem Fragments as HCC mentions. Found myself in an awkward place when I wanted some cargo gear with mining on it and had the wrong comps.
    Nature V:
    Requires 2 Purple Weaver leg hairs and 2 Fiery Dire wolf fangs

HCC shows 2 Forest oastic sacs and 2 Fiery Dire wolf fangs.

But great job to all who helped on this! It works great.

Fitting III calls for redback tarantula hatchling leg hairs but it is redback spider hatchling leg hairs.

What an update? Well no not quite yet. But I owe ya an explanation

See.. after the first run of updates, it was proving to be very hard to manually edit the files, especially when adding new things.

So I switched gears. What did I do precicely?

Well first, i built a parser that took all the files for the HCC craft and tech and uploaded them to a database.

Next, i created a export function to export said database back to HCC files.

Seems a bit like going in circles dont it?

But the advantage is as follows... The HCC info is on an online database (no public access yet, sorry) that can be exported to HCC for updates! This means when i get a team to keep up to date with HCC, they can do so through a simple GUI system instead of having to learn all the code i did.

Once this is up and running, you may find your HCC updated far more often. Stay tuned!

As you can see, a small update. This was more to test to ensure my exporting function worked.

I will be creating a temporary webbased editor for updating the hcc files. If you are interested in helping, send me a PM with your credentials (how have you assisted istaria in the past, are there other games you did similar work for, how experianced are you with web based forms)

I will be wanting to get a small team together to assist in this. Please do not feel bad if you are not picked, i need to ensure we have the best quality team. Thanks!

UPDATE:

Still working out kinks in the export function. Leetu pointed out the HCC was allowing ALL techs to be put on any item. The october 15 update should fix that. Aslo, you should see all those fun notes in the tech section about strength and weakness.

Barring any unforseen circumstances, next step on the online side is to put an editing system for the techs. once that is done I can start updating the techs you all have so kindly put here as needing fixing (as well as going from April foward and looking at the updates)

Thread Information