Emblems as Abilities
Emblems have been re-done with this update by creating abilities of the same name. These abilities will allow you to create temporary "buffs" that give you the title and/or honorific just like the emblem item did previously. The benefit of this change is that it allows you to save space in your vault or inventory and to never worry again about deleting those precious emblems.
- Existing Emblems have been modified to be something which players must "Use". By right clicking and selecting "Use", players will earn an ability which matches that of the old emblem. (Note this means that emblems can no longer be equipped.) Note that all abilities presently appear under both the "Adventurer" and "Craft" tabs on the players ability list, but all start with Title: (name) for easier sorting.
- Quests from which players obtained new emblems will remain the same, they will earn an emblem and have to "Use" that item to earn the ability. This is so that no existing quest needs to be restarted, as many required a repeated action by players.
- New quests for new emblems will simply give the ability directly, thus bypassing the creation of the actual emblem.
- A new Expert Crystalshaper emblem has been added to the game. The quest is available from Aratanosh in the Fiery Rift for any dragon who has attained lvl 100 Crystalshaper.
- Some of these new abilities will give players special bonuses under certain circumstances when equipped. (For example, a Spider Slayer title may give a bonus to the player's damage when fighting against spiders.)
- Legacy Item "(Legacy): Research Assistant Emblem" may now be used to give an ability instead of an old title.