Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Event Quest

Default Re: Event Quest

Ok here is what we have so far. These are what have been seen and link. All Linked are *.If some one could link pics of the missing one it would be great.

*Charred Portion of Hide
    Daknor, Faf..r will not arrive on time. Continue your raids.

*Charred Shred of Hide
    Daknor. Word has reached me about your exploits. Continue your work.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Scorched Scrap of Hide
    Daknor. Assemble your armies. With your Kwellen, invade the towns of the Living.

*Scorched Portion of Hide
    Faf..r will join your soon. Stronger the (or our)Vengeance!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Singed Scrap of Hide
    Extend your reach north towards the town of Harro(missing a period here)
    Leave nothing in your wake!

Singed Fragment of Hide

*Burned Shred of Hide
    Find the southern Gate, burn the lands near the Blood Swamp.
    Kill all that you encounter.

Burned Fragment of Hide

Looking at them they seem to fit by size, not damage I.E.:
    Daknor. Assemble your armies. With your Kwellen, invade the towns of the Living. Extend your reach north towards the town of Harro. Leave nothing in your wake!

and

Faf..r will join your soon. Stronger the (or our)Vengeance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    ....This resulted in Fafnir becoming a dragon, an emblem of greed in nordic mythology.
    Indeed. The lunus in me just wanted to leave out the bit about *cough* the dwarven lineage. [;)]

About the battle orders; since they appear to fit together, maybe it is enough to turn in just four of them that form a complete set to get a reaction out of the general? And if there are several 'sets', it could be that it will unlock multiple lines in accordance to which set of battle orders is delivered. Just a thought.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Well as far as looting goes Aamer thats not all true. I went on a kill last night and was grouped with one other and we were not able to loot. Said we could not loot corpse at this time. This was very disappointing.

Also someone in main group had two characters and was only playing one. This is inconciderate and I should hope in the future people will speak up and say something. Lets just be conciderate now that we know there is possiblity we can't loot.

Ticktack did speak up and said to invite others after kill if you were in main group that could loot. That way we could be allowed to loot. As I see it right now you have one chance to loot. There is no more running back and forth and continuing to actually loot a piece.

Jayne

I was standing there Jayne, and even after you and foxfire were added to group you could not loot. However, others like Wolverine came up and after the 1.5 min group loot timer ran out, he was able to loot. Could you never open the loot window? The fact that some got nothing, tells me is that looting any hide is random like Smeglor says.

I understand the frustration totally, and can only appologize for not being quicker to invite you both. ( I did, btw send invites to you both, as did others )

Tonight, I will purposfully stay out of the main group, wait 1.5 min after he is killed and see if I can first off loot, and second, get anything. I will report back what happens here. The reason I make this test is to settle fears and hopefully dissuade frustrations.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    I was standing there Jayne, and even after you and foxfire were added to group you could not loot. However, others like Wolverine came up and after the 1.5 min group loot timer ran out, he was able to loot. Could you never open the loot window? The fact that some got nothing, tells me is that looting any hide is random like Smeglor says.

I understand the frustration totally, and can only appologize for not being quicker to invite you both. ( I did, btw send invites to you both, as did others )

Tonight, I will purposfully stay out of the main group, wait 1.5 min after he is killed and see if I can first off loot, and second, get anything. I will report back what happens here. The reason I make this test is to settle fears and hopefully dissuade frustrations.
    We did this last night Aamer. I was still getting the 'you can't loot this' message. I actually got someone from the kill group to add me and at that point I stopped getting messages at all. So it's possible that I just wasn't getting anything but I think it's more likely that only one group gets to loot. If it was just giving me nothing the window would open but be empty I think and it wasn't opening at all.

No, after we were invited into the main group we could loot. And yes I already know that the loot is random. If you get a empty loot window that means you got nothing. I can live with that. Personally and this is not directed at anyone, but just a general statement due to the frustration I have had from past kills, is go if I'm not in main group. Its to iffy as to what will happen. With there being so many chances through the day at killing him, I don't see a reason to go everytime.

The looting system has always been that the group (or individual - a group of 1)that does the most damage to the monster has exclusive loot rights to that monster at first. However, after a period of time (halfway until it disappears, or 20 seconds after someone loots it, whichever comes first), it will become lootable by anyone.

So just keep trying.

I have a slightly different take on the SCORCHED PORTION. I do believe that since Vengeance is Capitalized, it may be a motto like Semper Fie . . . .

thus:

Fafnir will join you soon.
    Strength and Vengeance!

I also have the BURNED FRAGMENT untranslated. It is:

Bu.. .. al.. ...l .he. a...
    Ou. ..me .s at ...d.

I think the second line is: Our time is at hand.
    But the first line has me stumped :)

I. Percival Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Icabald Percival Dragon
    I also have the BURNED FRAGMENT untranslated. It is:

Bu.. .. al.. ...l .he. a...
    Ou. ..me .s at ...d.

I think the second line is: Our time is at hand.
    But the first line has me stumped [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    "Burn it all. Kill them all.
    Our time is at hand."

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

From that message, I think I like what's in store.

"Kill them all! The Spirits will recognize their own."

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Also someone in main group had two characters and was only playing one. This is inconciderate and I should hope in the future people will speak up and say something. Lets just be conciderate now that we know there is possiblity we can't loot.

Ticktack did speak up and said to invite others after kill if you were in main group that could loot. That way we could be allowed to loot. As I see it right now you have one chance to loot. There is no more running back and forth and continuing to actually loot a piece.

Jayne
    I was the one with 2 characters in the group and I asked in mp several times before gi'ing my dragon at the last minute before the fight. If there's an empty slot and no-one else wants to join then why shouldn't I have 2 chars fighting? Daknor's a hard fight and the larger the group the easier he goes down. I was playing one char but the other was set to auto-attack so was still contributing to the battle.
    I dropped her from a group earlier in the day to let someone else join when the 10th slot was needed, but still kept her attacking while not in the group. I was watching main window and did not see anyone ask if there was a spare space in the group, and I didn't see you or the other person arrive.

If you'd sent me a tell I would've dropped her and gi'd you immediately; if you'd even asked in main chat if there was a spare slot I would've dropped her and gi'd you immediately. After the battle I was actually moving my mouse to boot her from group when someone else beat me to it - I even said thanks in the group window.

To quote your own words back at you "I should hope in the future people will speak up and say something" before they go accusing other people of being inconsiderate.
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

*Charred Portion of Hide

*Charred Shred of Hide
    Daknor. Word has reached me about your exploits. Continue your work.

*Scorched Scrap of Hide
    Daknor. Assemble your armies. With your Kwellen, invade the towns of the Living.

*Scorched Portion of Hide
    Faf..r will join your soon. Stronger the Vengeance!
    Stronger our Vengeance!
    Strength and Vengeance!

*Singed Scrap of Hide
    Extend your reach north towards the town of Harro(missing a period here)
    Leave nothing in your wake!

Singed Fragment of Hide

*Burned Shred of Hide
    Find the southern Gate, burn the lands near the Blood Swamp.
    Kill all that you encounter.

Burned Fragment of Hide
    Burn it all. Kill them all. Our time is at hand.

Those are all of the pieces, Deth once you have them all you can turn the quest in.
    The reward is a token you can trade for rank and a shield. If I can find out how to post a pic directly here I'll do so.

A HUGE thank you to Ranqthas for giving me the final piece I needed.

Thanks for the Info do you happen to have the Singed Fragment of Hide info? Maybe it could offer a little more hint. So looks like we need to find this gate? In the Blood Swamp then. Also I hope as it is a token that dragons will get a scale instead of a shield. What class were you may I ask? Maybe diffrent classes get diffrent items. I assume a mage/caster typewould not really like a shield.

I was druid when I handed in the quest. A dragon handed it in a while later and also got the shield.

Singed fragment:
    Fafnir is on his way. He will arrive soon.

what sort of shield?
    Got Cowbell?

I can't find any info on how to post a pic directly here, can anyone point me to it?

Meanwhile here's a link (crossed fingers):

http://www.angelfire.com/me/DiannesPlace/Horizons/Quest

OK with that hoard I will very happily take that. and the link worked. Also sounds like there are going to be other quest to earn rank. Did you get both the shield and a rank emblem?

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    OK with that hoard I will very happily take that. and the link worked. Also sounds like there are going to be other quest to earn rank. Did you get both the shield and a rank emblem?
    Unless you happen to use FireFox, in which case linking directly to the picture works.

http://www.angelfire.com/me/DiannesP...est_reward.JPG

Paste the URL into the address bar if the hotlink doesn't work.
    Death
    Depth
    Seth
    Doth
    Beth
    Edit...
    Ignore all
    Add to dictionary
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Oh Wow! Actually put in an evasion penalty for a tower shield! I wonder if that means we're likely to see more coming to give a reason to use a lighter shield.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Thread Information