View Poll Results: What faction are you?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lunus

126 60.87%
  • Helian

81 39.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lunus or helian?

I let Fafnirr go Lunus for some simple reasons - though i have to admit it was a hard decision. It was NOT the easier RoP though, as i started getting adult as lvl 51 Adv ...

Pro Lunus for ME was mainly the lore, as i could identify more with it:
    - Lunus are more hot-blooded and impatient, like i am too
    - Lunus are the ones at the first front-lines, they tank and have no fear to get hurt or even die. Sometimes even unnecessarily ...
    - Lunus LOVE to battle. When i don't know what to do i fly out and bash something, instead of digging azulyte's.

Though i feel in my heart that it's not good to deepen the moats (or trenchs?) between the factions. All in all we are DRAGONS, both able to use the strengths and powers of the others, so let's all use it to fight the WA!

*ROARS*

I chose Lunus but NOT because it was easier. When I chose it an hour after the ROP went live nobody knew.

Don't assume that people who choose diferently from yourself are just looking for the easy way out.

But I am not into crafting, I am into melee, and I LOVE deep fried gnomes.

And I won't believe a level 32 hatchling can solo Esh without using exploits until I see it with my own eyes. The entombed is a bit of a stretch too.

i am pure lunus. mater of a fact i am so pure to my t&c that until recently all of my training points were in str and t&c. only reason why they are not all in str anymore is for the fact that i never hunted general reklar before and needed higher primal to scribe the boon spell

as it stands right now i have the max t&c 1090 base skill. i use str t5 scales and gold rage is by far my best friend. followed by silver strike and ravage those tend to do enough dmg to wipe out any lvl 120 or lower mob (excluding the new blight hounds and kwellen beserkers)

i became a lunus dragon for many many reasons. when i was a wee lil hatchling i found out early i could do alot more damage alot quicker with my claws. i kept enough enough primal so that i could use promote vitality and true grit. realized my heals were not anything to be proud of (and still aren't worth a crap) with the exception or refreshing breeze which is a skill gained through leveling.

the lore of a lunus dragon fits me more than a helian dragon. found out early again that even though i was a lunus dragon there was no way of getting around the fact that i had to rely on bipeds for assistance. no problem the game is geared to involve everyone from every race.

oh have i mentioned the damage i due from my claws as appose to my spells. even if you max out your primal and dump all the rest of your training points into power. you still will not do the damage that gold rage does. especially if you happen to have the demon claw. i seen someone last night do 3500 damage with the demon claw on. this is no spell now or anywhere in the near future that will come anywhere near that damage.

lunus to me was the best pick for me for the whole package

Krymdrac

Hatchling here. Krymdrac. Hatched just a week ago (on Order). And I'm just starting to learn about the different factions. Lunus. Helion. Forgive my ignorance, but what are the differences in them?

I have been reading and reading and reading. Alot for a little wyrmling to take in. So if a wiser dragon than I can summarize, I would greatly appreciate it.

I take from the posts that Lunus are more warrior, and that Helion are more crafter or wizard like...but is that just a generalization? Or are their skills and improvements also along those lines?

Many thanks in advance for your patience with my newness to the world. Even for dragons, large as we are, the world is a big place.
    And you can never have too much knowledge.

Lunus feel the bipeds need to be reigned in and lorded over as inferiors to Dragonkind, they feel that the bipeds cause too much trouble to be allowed to be uncontrolled.

Helian believe Dragonkind can benefit from shared knowledge and worldviews with the bipeds, and that we can guide them with our wisdom to higher things, and show them through our example how to live wisely.

Both sides see Dragons as naturally superior, only the means by which each side feels Dragons should influence bipeds is different. One is through force and overpowering, the other by benevolent guidance and alliance.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Draemora is a Lunus dragon, but not as some people might see a Lunus as being..

She loves to battle, and indeed will help anyone in need, as long as the one questioning is of her kin, strong, or is a biped worthy of her trust. Sometimes even fellow dragonkind needs to be "worthy" of her trust in order for her to assist in anything.

She is impatient and gets angered easily, a trait many Lunus seem to share. When she is angry, she rarely hides it. This especially includes those who enter her lair without her permission. It does not matter if she chooses them as a friend: she is very territorial, and the priveledge for anyone to enter her lair, especially bipeds, is rare and special indeed. Even moreso if she allows them to enter at their own will.

Drae does not like crafting too much, but it does not bother her as much as it used to. Now that her craft skill is high, she can create more powerful scales on her own; how she wants them, and when. No waiting.

Involving bipeds that are fools, Drae plays a bit of a mind game. She is nice to them, and if they are not nice back, they really are fools, and diserve to be treated as such. She gives them atleast one chance to prove themselves, and if they cannot, they are tortured and delt with in any way she sees fit.

Another quirk is that she eats hatchlings that annoy her, or atleast tries to without them recalling again. She likes others to know who is boss, and a fellow dragon should be smart enough to know this, and where he or she stands.

Basically, everyone chooses to roleplay their faction in different ways to be unique, whether it be with quirks or being pure Lunus or Helian. Others prefer not to be classified as either.
    Last edited by Dremora; April 24th, 2006 at 05:37 PM.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Krymdrac

So pretty much all the difference is in roleplaying?

Cool!

I'm Helion then!

I love fighting evil, but I don't view bipeds as specifically evil. But they sure need guidance. Just not sure I want to force them into something. They may prove more useful as willing helpers than forced slaves.

Zhengast

Quote Originally Posted by Krymdrac
    So pretty much all the difference is in roleplaying?

Cool!

I'm Helion then!

I love fighting evil, but I don't view bipeds as specifically evil. But they sure need guidance. Just not sure I want to force them into something. They may prove more useful as willing helpers than forced slaves.
    Krymdrac, if you read around, there is one gameplay difference. The alternate breath-weapon. Lunus gets Lightning (which just received an additional power of dispelling buffs on your foes with the latest patch) and Helians get Frost (I'm unsure what the power of it is or if there is one).

I chose Lunus for the breath weapon alone, but officially since there's not a big "LUNUS" sign above my head, I'm RPing not taking sides at all. My views are my own and so are yours. If a biped just needs guidance, fine. If they need a few clawmarks in their hides to keep them in order, that's fine too.

I am Zhengast on Order and I am looking forward to knowing all of you.

My pets are both lunus...why you ask...i want the dragon world to know that i tamed 2 ancient lunus dragons with an elf, and when i get a saddle for them its will be more fun to ride a lunus than a helian

I chose Lunus probably for the sheer fact I love mauling things... I hardly ever use my spells, but sometimes when they are all nicely grouped together I will use AoE spells and debuffs.

It was also easier, from what other dragons were telling me, a lot easier than helian. You would see more helian dragons if the requirements and mobs they had to go through were lessened.

Helians (and Lunus, but especially Helian) have had their quest made even harder... A Lunus only has to go to Draak twice (Ghostly eyeball, entombed can be done in 1 trip, then Shadow Dragon), whereas a Helian has to go there 3 to 5 times to talk to NPCs. (Enslavers, etched gems, ghostly eyeball, another NPC encounter) and now you have to run the gauntlet through hell just to get to Draak... unless you play "dodge the Indestructable Fyakki" and run through the EB and that's not 100% safe as we ran into a Kwellen and an abomination taking that route.. but much easier than trying to sneak past the gate and wall.

I would love it if Helians didn't need a level 36-40 craft (and yes it can be done at 36th... Expert machines in Apia (on chaos) are available and even at a level 36, you can get your spellcraft to 450 with 1 scale with spellcrafting II, and the +75 bonus.)

Both have to fight a Ghostly Dragon (for the eye)
    Both have to fight the guardians, and the crystal golem
    Both have to fight the Enslavers
    Both have to fight Kaa and Lem
    Both have to fight either Shadow Dragon or Selena (his mate)
    Both have to fight the ghosts on the way to Pool of Teeth and Storm's peak

Lunus: has to fight Esh and the entombed one

Helian: has to fight Storm's Shadow, Desert Wolves, Frost Pygmys, Redbacked spiders, and Wraiths, and an extra Ghost dragon to get the dirt from the foot.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Bringing this poll back to life I'm sure by now there are new helian and lunus dragons.

Melee-ing Helian here. The better to heal myself with... and I just can't go against my own internal feelings that the Lunus have the wrong outlook from an RP standpoint.

woo lunus are winning!
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

I am newborn as a dragon and too this world itself, but I couldn't possibly follow any other path than that of Helian. Game mechanics be damned! I want my belly scritched!

In front of the computer, where else would I be?

I am Helian, hear me...... sit on my arse
    Tamaracaran Thothalomadais: Dragon, As old as the world, Twice.
    Jamana Ternfaust: Gnome of 31 flavors!
    Erzat Ember: Dryad Battlemage, Construction Bug.
    Halfust Thothalomadais: Human somthing or other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamaracaran
    I am Helian, hear me...... sit on my arse
    I was planning on going Lunus someday.. right now I have no idea if I will play Horizons under EI's control, but besides that, I've been reconsidering Helian just because there are so few. I do like the lightning breath weapon, however, especially since I was thinking of making a new dragon with as-blue-as-I-can-get scales..

So, yeah. I think I might go Lunus for the breath weapon, but Helian is looking more attractive. What's a poor hatchling to do?

Australia, NSW, Port Macquarie, house, back yard. lol

Default oh sad now

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    Lets see how many lunus and helians dragons there are. if you are not an adult dragon yet vote which path you will take for your rop.

i've gone Lunus basically because i've just been moved on to this quest and it was the top one. lol i thought i coudl go back and do them both?? but maybe not.

Saddneing cry and upset now...

what does it all mean any way??

i cant' wait to start my training now.

I had a terrible time deciding which faction. I kept switching from Lunus, Helian, Lunus, Helian, Lunus, back and forth. Here were the... "advantages" I saw of being on both sides before I started ROP. These are pointless reasons, but still fun.

Lunus: almost like Lunarya (Yes, my name, sue me!), Crafting sucks, Being evil-ish is much more fun.

Helian: I've always fonded the power of Ice. Loved casting spells. My colors looked more Helian-ish when I was a hatchling.

Well, those are the things I remember. After getting level 21-30 in 2-3 days, I never wanted to see a dang ruxus again, so I just went lunus so I could come back later when I could fly. Yes!! I chose the easy path, but it wasn't my main reason.

All in all, at the end of RoP, I completely agree with Lunus Lore *pats the Entombed One, may he be forgiven :P) We are not big stupid brutes who just want to smash things! >. ^.~v *Lunus Pride*
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

I did the Helian rop at 50/50 with only another ~50/50 hatch, and I'm ******** proud of it.

the other dragon has been a lunus?

Thread Information