Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Size Suggestions

Default Re: Dragon Size Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    My personal solution will be not to group with bipeds that have a problem with the size.
    The best solution, from a Lunus (and even Helian) perspective upon earning Ancient, and elder adult, status amid the other dragons of Istarian lore.

Besides, their size model should allow effective fighting from first person view. If the player opts for the strategic third person view, then it is their choice.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

for the combat difficulties that arise with dragons... they could just finish the implementation of cycle nearest enemy. ranged characters do not have to see with 1000% clarity every single pixel of what they are hitting, and melee probably do not either.

also, the few times I have had dragons in the group, i just politely asked them to spare the group about 5 seconds of initial attack, so our targets could be aquired. then they could rush in and dominate with the rage and strikes.

if the dragon was the puller, then select nearest usually worked more than fine for me. *shrug*
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

I posted this elsewhere, but I think it fits better here:

What about an Illusion? Basically just push a /setscale to everyone in the party as a buff. They will see all ancients as small (hatchling size but Ancient model) until the buff wears off or they remove it. Probably wouldn't be a bad thing to have this work on Adults and Ancients both.

Or an 'aura' effect that pushes a /setscale for a given Dragon whenever someone comes in range?

There has to be some simpler method than creating a whole new race. The change doesn't have to be physical, does it? Just an illusion for those folks that want it or are close by or something.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal
    You have gold-rage, you don't need armor, you don't need health, you have an attack that recycles every 15seconds that tears everything appart... and you can't state "It wastes to much horde" because it drops waaaaaaaaaaayyy to much, its bothersome for me now, I hate when I get horde...
    First off, there are some of us dragons who *gasp* don't use GR to zerg everything. I wish you people could understand that that is not usually the way we (Or at least I) fight. As for hoard..I *wish* I got anywhere near as much as you claim to. GR DOES waste hoard, especially at high levels. If I GR zerged everything, I'd be at zero hoard in no time.

As for the original point of the post. I want Ancient size back. And I am not even near being able to get it yet. I've been staring at these ginormous models since February '04, thinking 'I want that.' To make them Adult sized this far into the game is just not cool. Not cool in the way that the two faction-breaths being released after so many choose their path already was. It's not a matter of arrogance; it's a matter of seeing it, wanting it, then having it removed at the last second. It feels almost like a broken promise.

I fully support and suggest a new khutit form.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tribunal wrote: You have gold-rage, you don't need armor, you don't need health, you have an attack that recycles every 15seconds that tears everything appart... and you can't state "It wastes to much horde" because it drops waaaaaaaaaaayyy to much, its bothersome for me now, I hate when I get horde...

GR DOES waste hoard, especially at high levels.
    uh, didn't I say that. thus having a reason to post that horde drops alot? that plus, Sheild of God is another ability you have that pretty much tranforms the enitre oncomming attack to horde. Only thing that will hit over 500 damage is a named.And I know youdon't use it on every mob, thats not the point, I don't care what YOU do, its what you can do. You have so much power and ability as it is, thats all I'm stating.Anyhow, I'm not going to argue with it now.

Setscale is still useable. You need the lines added to your commands_player.def

Until more people play with the larger model, try grouping, etc. you might want to hold your comments. This is directed to thebipeds. Log in to blightusing the original ancient model files I posted. Then go give combat a try.

Also, not all bipeds have a problem grouping with adult dragons.

*psssst* tribunal....Shield of Gold, costs hoard, base on how much damage you take. It doesn't convert the damage into hoard.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

*pss* PJ, I guess I lost faith in a couple of Dragons [H], Told me other wise. Guess they didn't actually have it.[:^)]

so I guess I owe an apology for that one [:$]

Someone suggested that lairs were not designed for Ancients, but for Adult size. Is that true???
    Would it surprise you ? [:P]

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by Durand
    doesn't mean that the adult selection box has to get larger, so I am curious as to what they are to big for.
    Didn't think about that, I was worried about never being able to click on anything I wanted because of new oversized lizards, but I suppose you're right. It could be done, it might be done, and I think alil more of us would except the A's.

As an adult I find setscale extremely useful - it is copied into my command file and the command file is in the resource override directory so I never have to update it with a patch.

If you have a problem with big dragons - and I can see that there are already issues with dragon size - shrink em down to 0.1 - you'll have no problems with us any more.

Let us be big - since we've been dreaming of this for a long time and now it seems to have been pulled out from under us. Setscale is client side only - so we get to be huge to ourselves and others but you can shrink us in your windows if we are causing you difficulties.

The technical reason was primarily sight issues. I think that we should respect the decision and see what we can work with from there.

A possibility is slightly reducing the Adult size so that, in comparison, the new Ancient is, indeed, larger without being overly large. However, I do agree that there needs to be some real "aging" effects included. (Besides, the selection bounding boxes on Adults are too big for me to select around them effectively.)

Advanced Khutit form should come even closer in line with the standard dragon stats, so that it becomes a more viable option for group combat. Again, I know several who don't choose to use it for RP purposes, but that's their decision, not mine. Me, I just want some costuming options. :D

Just my two coppers' worth.

Edit: I forgot to point out that we can still keep the older models that are used to certain Ancients around--just let them be representive of being really old dragons, folks who prolly have even seen Drulkar with their own two eyes! They become True Elders, and deserve the prestige that they were given. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lethosos
    Again, I know several who don't choose to use it for RP purposes, but that's their decision, not mine. Me, I just want some costuming options.
    If I wanted to play a biped I'd have made a biped.

I'm going to be very disappointed if the best solution they can come up with for DRAGONS grouping with BIPEDS is to turn dragons INTO bipeds.

A possibility is slightly reducing the Adult size so that, in comparison, the new Ancient is, indeed, larger without being overly large.
    I actually agree with this one. However, now we're talking about adults and it would only be fair to ask those who will be adult for awhile what they think about getting slightly shrunk so as to make ancients look bigger by comparison(not that anyone asked the people about to be ancient what they thought but that doesn't excuse messing up someone else). This would have the side effect of making grouping with adults easier.

imported_Kepesk

Okay, this is what I think. As a dragon, I actually agree with the devs' decision to reduce the size of the ancients. Size isn't everything. However, I think, as an alternative, it would be nice if they adjusted the ancient models to make the ancients *appear* significantly different. As it is, you can tell an adult from an ancient when they're not standing next to eachother due to a somewhat elongated neck, but it's difficult. It would be nice if something else were done as well. Elongate the body, put more meat on their bones, bigger wingspan, things like that. I'm not sure exactly what changes would work best, but my point is, it would be nice to have the ancients appear obviously different from the adults, giving the players who made it there a better sense of accomplishment. :)

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

imported_Kepesk

Oh, and the lairs will easily fit ancients, even with the old models. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kepesk
    Size isn't everything. However, I think, as an alternative, it would be nice if they adjusted the ancient models to make the ancients *appear* significantly different.
    Thats what I've said and thought all along (although I know I get alil off the topic quite often) I never thought that size could really be that big a deal, BuuuUUuuUt I do think you guys do deserve a older look, or maybe a stronger look. which ever one, either way what would you rather be? bigger and fatter? or same size ripped and hardcore? and seriously before it happens, lets not say both [:P].

(Thinks dragons would look ultra hard-core with major spikes... maybe even a more curved back neck... still thinks that increase in muscle size wouldn't be a bad idea either)

I don't want to be muscular. I made my dragon as thin and as tall as possible, and I don't want that to change.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

I second that, I want to stay lengthy and serpentine thank you very much... don't want that to be wrenched away from me now, bad enough the tail's been chopped off a few segments - heh, yeah... the elongated tail was more desirable to me than the old ancient's height.

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Whatever they do, someone will not be happy.

However, using the old model/size files in resources override at least allowed me to control what I looked like on my own screen.

Now that is not even working.

There are plenty of bipeds who have NO PROBLEM hunting with adults. Ancients are easier since they are tall enough to allow selecting from underneath. (from the short time we had this on blight)

I'm still waiting on an official responce on why the files are no longer working in resources override.

Thread Information