Thread: Ancients: Upgraded Khutit Form

Default Ancients: Upgraded Khutit Form

(Unrelated: Give Ancients their size back!)
    Upon reaching Ancient, the old khutit should be upgraded in graphic and ability.
    Here is my proposal:

"Seasoned Khutit Form"
    Ancient only, obtained after ARoP, and after a quest for it.
    Debuffs (Since a biped form must be a *little* inferior): -100 health, -100 armour, -10 Power/Strength, -10 Primal/T&C, limits flight to50.
    Disables Dragon Breathattacks.
    Lasts until removed.

Add wings to the model, so it can have a *little* bit of flight, Make it look stronger, perhaps with spikes on it or something.
    Should solve the size problem without *too much* of a disadvantage to the dragon.
    Thoughts? Comments? ...Flames?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: Ancients: Upgraded Khutit Form

I like the wing idea. I would say "limited flight" would mean gliding.Oh yeah, how do you pronounce that "Khutit" lol

I vote for adding wings to ancient dragon khutits and then giving them limited flight (maybe 20 m above the terrain mesh below the khutit). I do not want them to get rid of the other penalties for being in khutit form though. I play a dragon to play a dragon. I don't want to join a group and be expected to only play in khutit form. A khutit is fun... but it doesn't look or feel like a dragon.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

I like this idea alot. But tulga would never update a model lol. Waaay to much work to add wings to the model and animate flight.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress
    (Unrelated: Give Ancients their size back!)
    Upon reaching Ancient, the old khutit should be upgraded in graphic and ability.
    Here is my proposal:

"Seasoned Khutit Form"
    Ancient only, obtained after ARoP, and after a quest for it.
    Debuffs (Since a biped form must be a *little* inferior): -100 health, -100 armour, -10 Power/Strength, -10 Primal/T&C, limits flight to50.
    Disables Dragon Breathattacks.
    Lasts until removed.

Add wings to the model, so it can have a *little* bit of flight, Make it look stronger, perhaps with spikes on it or something.
    Should solve the size problem without *too much* of a disadvantage to the dragon.
    Thoughts? Comments? ...Flames?
    The idea of a seasoned Khutit Form is good...
    When I hunted T4 ogres/pygmies for fun and cash I play as khutit, why you ask?
    In this way I can loot my mobs normally...
    When being in Khutit form I understand it is necessary to reduce my strenght, but on the other hand I am smaller, more agile so I would vote for -10 strenght, but a slight increase of Dexterity or evasion to compensate...
    And the idea of wings for a Khutit...
    The idea sounds like fun, but I dont want a khutit be able to fly...
    A khutit is for entering biped buildings mostly, not to cover great distances through the air...
    I would wanna see Dryads be able to fly sooner then Khutit...
    Idea of the wings is good, but only as decoration in my oppinion... [:)]
    Ow yeah and why should my armor or health decrease so drastic?
    Wouldnt mind unless we get something in return...
    Nice idea's Raptress, but before thisI would prefere current animations for khutit completed...
    Galewind, Tail whip,BoF, BoL/BoI all have no animation, while they do damage the attacked mob...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

The decrease to health and armour was basically a 'logical' thing... A khutit is biped-sized so it would by nature have less armour and health. I dunno, I was throwing out ideas. It can be tweaked and I'm sure it needs it since I don't have a 100 dragon to see my stats and whatnot. It *does* need disdvantages; a player should *want* to stay in dragon form as bipeds are considered inferior, but it should be moderately viable if your group of bipeds insists that you need to shrink your big butt down to a manageable size. I think it ought to be able to fly or at least glide just a bit because by the time dragons are Ancient, flying is practically hardcoded into them, yes? Maybe the Seasoned Khutit could be a model for Dryad flight, which does need to be implemented in some ways, methinks.

Edit: Khutit is pronounced 'kuh tit' if I recall correctly, to answer that question.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

DO DO! It's Tribunal again on another dragon thread! w00t w00t.

Hehe, betcha wont see this comming. Great Idea for the Khutit. I really dig the winged Idea. Personally I don't think you should just have to hover, though if this idea went through thats prolly what would happen, Just limit fligt height.

aside from that [Y]

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress
    The decrease to health and armour was basically a 'logical' thing... A khutit is biped-sized so it would by nature have less armour and health. I dunno, I was throwing out ideas. It can be tweaked and I'm sure it needs it since I don't have a 100 dragon to see my stats and whatnot. It *does* need disdvantages; a player should *want* to stay in dragon form as bipeds are considered inferior, but it should be moderately viable if your group of bipeds insists that you need to shrink your big butt down to a manageable size. I think it ought to be able to fly or at least glide just a bit because by the time dragons are Ancient, flying is practically hardcoded into them, yes? Maybe the Seasoned Khutit could be a model for Dryad flight, which does need to be implemented in some ways, methinks.

Edit: Khutit is pronounced 'kuh tit' if I recall correctly, to answer that question.
    Decreasing our stats when turning into a Khutit is as logical as having Dryads being able to farms monsters while a dragon, with all their size, can't.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

less health more armor. When you get smaller your scales are more compact.
    I saymost negative results in a positive

GREATER KHUIT
    -100str
    +100dex

-100health
    +100armor

+20 to land speed
    flight disabled

bw damage reduction, but not removal

Thread Information