Thread: Revelance of Combat Stances??

Default Revelance of Combat Stances??

I know in the past each combat stance (Red, Green, Blue) had a relationship to the mob's combat stance and also affectedcertain abilities of yourcharacter when used with the appropriate stance. The in-game descriptions of the stances still show this relationship when used against a monster's stance. Iremember during one of the reworks of the combat system was when the monsters quit using stances and was wondering what use the stances are now since monster no longer use them.

Default Re: Revelance of Combat Stances??

Besides damage bonuses to some abilities when executed in specific stances, there's no use.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Some of the "old" beasties--like automatons and risen creators--still use combat stances, but the vast majority don't. Still, for certain schools your combat stance will enhance certain special attacks by up to 20% (e.g., most Cleric special attacks get a bonus from being in red stance).
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

From my limited knowlege:

Smash: bonus from red stance
    Critical Strike: Bonus from Blue Stance

The critical strike really can make a difference if you already dish out a good pile of damage. I always have blue stance on just for this.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Thread Information