Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lets all fly!

Default Re: Lets all fly!

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    I completly agree that Human Magical Aptitude is a horrible ability and needs to be adu.... what? Wrong thread you say? Eh? Quit muttering and speak up!
    Racial abilities are pretty worthless imo, most of them, only one that is really any super good is Drawven toughness. You can get along just find without using the ones you get [:(].

Dunno about DT being the only good one. Dazzle and Regen are good and you can't forget the 30 sec recycle dragon breath attack
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal
    imo
    [H] But I even have the same ability with the same specs so I'm not very worried. Actually should (aside from Breath) be able to master the other races abilities I think, we can control fire, create ice outta nothing after all. Might have to start another thread on that.

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Dunno about DT being the only good one. Dazzle and Regen are good and you can't forget the 30 sec recycle dragon breath attack
    Breath of Fire is not a real good attack apart from the fact that it has a nice animation and it is now on a 30s timer... [8-)]
    *remembering the time BoF was on a terribly long timer [:S]*
    To me it was just another nicely animated attack against my enemies...[:)]
    Although I must add that the quest for the "Lasting Embers" crystal made my BoF a lot more attractive... [;)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

the flame is really well done on BoF.

even with my dozen hatch alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal
    the flame is really well done on BoF.

even with my dozen hatch alts.
    Its a shame the Khutit form doesnt have any animation for BoF...
    Would be fun seeing a biped like character breathing fire from the mouth... [;)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Loacalea

Only Dryads and Dragons should be the only one to beallow to fly.
    However there is a loop hole to this.
    If however if a witch class get added then the othere race could also learn to fly in time(boys Warlock).
    Dryads are a magic race and are not allow to take that classes as Witches might be very hard for non-magic & non-winged to take.
    For potion Dryads should learn thereown way to make potionhowever Witches will have to master alot spell, potion, and magic.

zordrak

My opinion on this is Dryads should have a quest to allow them full flight. The argument that their wings aren't as strong to me doesn't hold much as they are a lot lighter then dragons and thus don't need wings strong enough to move as much weight.

As for other races, items should be available to give them limited flight. Certain classes have spells with a set duration and refresh timer. Potions have a one time use like any othe. Tinkered devices would have charges as the other activatable tinkered items do.

For balance wise on this, the spells shouldn't be gained until higher levels, tinkered devices and potions maybe have a minimum level requirement (thus noone starts with flying ability).

Obviously the duration of such items should be long enough so that they are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by zordrak
    My opinion on this is Dryads should have a quest to allow them full flight. The argument that their wings aren't as strong to me doesn't hold much as they are a lot lighter then dragons and thus don't need wings strong enough to move as much weight.

As for other races, items should be available to give them limited flight. Certain classes have spells with a set duration and refresh timer. Potions have a one time use like any othe. Tinkered devices would have charges as the other activatable tinkered items do.

For balance wise on this, the spells shouldn't be gained until higher levels, tinkered devices and potions maybe have a minimum level requirement (thus noone starts with flying ability).

Obviously the duration of such items should be long enough so that they are useful.
    I agree with the dryads having full flight. That is how it should be. As for the rest of us flying, I would settle for riding a mount. If TG had the good graces to allow us to ride gryphons, that would allow us to fly with our mounts and it would be awesome. But alas, the dragons would oppose this tooth and nail. The Drags look unique and special and have all their own content, but I really think the special stroking should end there. Everyone should be able to fly through one means or another. ARoP never should have been Ancient Right of Passage, it should have been Airborne Right of Passage and available to everyone =P
    So... lets all fly on mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]zordrak wrote:My opinion on this is Dryads should have a quest to allow them full flight. The argument that their wings aren't as strong to me doesn't hold much as they are a lot lighter then dragons and thus don't need wings strong enough to move as much weight.

I agree with the dryads having full flight. That is how it should be. As for the rest of us flying, I would settle for riding a mount. If TG had the good graces to allow us to ride gryphons, that would allow us to fly with our mounts and it would be awesome. But alas, the dragons would oppose this tooth and nail. The Drags look unique and special and have all their own content, but I really think the special stroking should end there. Everyone should be able to fly through one means or another. ARoP never should have been Ancient Right of Passage, it should have been Airborne Right of Passage and available to everyone =P
    So... lets all fly on mounts!
    Wow. So biped can have what dragons worked to get, but dragon shouldn't have what biped got. I see some disparity here.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

They already gave you everything bipeds get and a ton more. So yeah, time for us all to fly.

They already gave you everything bipeds get and a ton more. So yeah, time for us all to fly.
    Depends on how you look at it. In many respects, we dont have everything bipeds have, and bipeds dont have everything that dragons have. While we are letting everyone fly, lets give everyone: breath of fire, dwarven toughness, giants gaze, and all the other little racial abilities. Make it so there is really no reason to pick one race over another. [*-)]

Bipeds will be able to fly one day though. Just as soon as the engine can handle mounts and such, bipeds will be able to get a lift from dragons.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

My take on this is "let's all fly"... NO, No and again no

Yes, dryad should have RoP and AoP, that gives them better wings and maybe some sort of phase out (displace them a few yards away of danger, if not in battle)

And other race, should also have RoP that gives them special skill, like swimming , rock climbing (like mob do), fast travel in forest or swamp or desert, polimorph self, bind and portal (for pure mage), hidding in natural environment.

No making evryone same; will remove what is fun to play a certain race. What we need is help make more difference in uniqueness, by giving them their RoP and AoP.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Tarran,

Group with a dragon at fire island and have him pull 15 mobs.

Come back here, and tell us all how overpowered dragons are.

Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

*cough*

Its hard to say that only Dryads and Dragons should fly, because well. Bi-peds should be able to have spells make them fly, who all here hasn't heard of levitation.

Although for my theory on that. I don't want to fly all the time, just for a short time. Flying in this game is such a novel thing, I would only need it to clear the couple of mountains I can't find a way to run up anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelvebagger
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tarran of Chaos wrote:They already gave you everything bipeds get and a ton more. So yeah, time for us all to fly.

Tarran,

Group with a dragon at fire island and have him pull 15 mobs.

Come back here, and tell us all how overpowered dragons are.

or have any 100 rating try it. it's irrelevant.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    Wow. So biped can have what dragons worked to get
    lol, sry

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    worked
    lol sry again.

awe well I guess, regardless of the fact that higher lvl players are what give the hatchies the ability of flight and increased size. You're not forced to do it by yourselves. But I could only imagine if you were.

(I have seen two hatchies one 92 rating, one 100 craft 70 adv rating, who are going to do it by themselves, those guys earn my respect)

Thread Information