Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Ascension Video and Feeling about the ARoP

Default Ancient Ascension Video and Feeling about the ARoP

Late last night (or very early in the morning), I finally finished my ARoP. Thanks for everyone in the groups that helped me finish the Rift. Since some people were asking for it, I?ve captured the ascension transformation. You can download it here.

Filesize: 6.47 Megs.
    Resolution: 800x600
    Codec: Video: DivX 5.2 Audio: Mp3

Regarding the ARoP itself, I give it a mark of 60% (barely passing). Why? It has been nearly 2 years since the game was release. Dragons were incomplete, being completely revamped 2 weeks before the original release. A lot went missing; progression hampered. But we were told things would get better with Adult. Adults got there after much waiting, but it wasn?t perfect. The dragon changed, and the world changed too (there weren?t any 120-140 rated monsters back then). Result, dragons we still left behind and things would get fixed with the release of the Ancient.

So we waited and ancient came after 2 years. We get a huge quest, separated in 80 sub-quests. This was supposed to challenge us to earn the right of becoming Ancient.

Regarding the quests themselves, they were nice, but sadly, filled with plot holes and sometime annoyance. For example, the first part was fun, with the hunt those monsters, quite a challenge. However, Ancients were supposed to be a rare thing in the Lores, something that would not happens in burst. Therefore, any dragon should be able to do that solo. I have yet to see a normal adult (not a pet) being able to solo all of those monsters.

Part 2 and 3, were quite an annoyance. Flying left and right in all of horizons, doing errands for bipeds... Ancients were there before biped were in such numbers. How come a dragon working for ancienthood needs help from a biped to get ink and such trivial items such as water? How come does now we need ink to scribe spells while we?ve been scribing spells for 2 years without any inks? Some plot holes there. This kind of kill the fun of part two of the ARoP, if the constant lag from portalling left and right didn?t kill you first

Part 4, the rift, was the most interesting part. There are quite some challenging monsters and we had a few laughs with people falling. However, I find it sad the quest can only be done as it should once. The first runs were done with only adults. But after, if anyone wants to do the quest like that, they can forget it. Restricting the rift to the dragons having finished, or doing their ARoP, kind of kill the feeling of merit. When you?re forced to team with ancients to do the final part, where?s the challenge? I?ve been looking for adults ready to do the Rift and I could only find one. I had to take Ancients along, even though I didn?t want to. It is that, or stays an adult. Except for that, the Rift was nice.

What really rub my scales the wrong way is the ?reward?, for the lack of a better word. For such a big quest, we?re getting less than the original RoP. Dragons are mono-schooled. We don?t get multiclasses. All monsters over there are reflecting Biped ratings. Monsters with 120-140 rating and getting 16 points per level because they can?t multi-class are roaming the land. Yet, dragons are only getting 7-8 points per levels, because their template is a plain copy of the biped one. We get quest, but that only cover basic skill and don?t cover stats. So with ancienthood, having reached level 100 and unable to progress, we?re lacking over 200 points in nearly every skills and stats.

All we get for that is a mere 75, 50, 15 increases. That?s not even half of what we?re missing to be par with a NORMA, NON-MULTICLASSED biped. Tooth and claw, Primal are giving us 8 per level. A warrior is getting 10 in his skills. We should have gotten the balance with Ancient. But we didn?t and are still bellow the average of any biped. However, the HP increase is quite nice and sufficient.

What I have issues too with stats is how we now depends on Crystal to be an ?Ancient?. So our skill, our wisdom isn?t innate. It comes from a crystal? Nice plot hole and nice way to keep dragon relying on items rather than themselves.

Then comes the ?abilities?. What the heck is wrong with dev and Hoard? First we got hoard leak. It got removed and replaced with some basic abilities requiring hoard at affordable cost. No problem there, when you don?t lose ALL of your abilities for hoard based and especially when those abilities were BASIC abilities. Now, breath cost hoard, stun cost hoard, Rez coast hoard. What?s next, everything?

I would have minded if the cost were reflecting the abilities and were affordable: 5000 for a resurrection 1500 for a stun. Any tier 1 player gets those for free once they reached 20 levels. We just worked our cloaca up to 100 levels and we got to PAY what nearly simply multiclassed get. Sorry, but I have yet to see a biped willing to pay 5 silver for an AoE attack, 15 silvers for a stun (which any mage class can get, like root, or warrior class). And the Resurrection... 5000 for ONE ability is ridiculous. Ok, cleric gets a similar one at level 50 for free. We?re level 100 now. That?s 5000, or if you prefer, 50 silvers. Does anyone is willing to pay 50 silvers to be resurrected? We?re getting 2 penalities with that one: 5000 hoards AND a 1 hour timer. Keep one but not both, because it is ridiculous.

Dragons now TOTALLY depend on hoard with ancient. Our abilities now required hoard. Hour armor bonus now require hoard (the 133% armor increase is based on what the hoard gives us, not our scales). So unless you?re a level 100 hoard dragon, the 133% isn?t much an improvement. And what we got from the ARoP in increase still isn?t enough to allow us to LEVEL hoard. We burn it as fast as we use it.

For instance, I?ve hunted some mobs. After some time, I used for about 10?000 hoard, and only got one 16?000 reward. That?s impossible to hunt down 25 millions of hoard this way. Biped says it?s easy, because they can farms those same monsters. Dragons can?t, they were made to take only single target. And single target won?t give you plenty of hoards. Dev really need to review the hoard again. It?s sickening how unbalanced it is.

I just wish Ancient Schools would arrive soon so that we can play once more. Now that the ARoP is gone, the feeling of achievement is gone again. No crafting (thanks for the metal nerf dev, scale hoarding is now worthless). No adventuring with any progression.

My finale note: 60% (D-)

Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Default Re: Ancient Ascension Video and Feeling about the ARoP

Then comes the ?abilities?. What the heck is wrong with dev and Hoard? First we got hoard leak. It got removed and replaced with some basic abilities requiring hoard at affordable cost. No problem there, when you don?t lose ALL of your abilities for hoard based and especially when those abilities were BASIC abilities. Now, breath cost hoard, stun cost hoard, Rez coast hoard. What?s next, everything?
    This is actually the biggest "surprise" to me on our "REWARDS" For Ancient - and actually the "scariest" thing it implies.

As I really think..that's where they're going with this. And in a year or five when Ancient Advancment gets put in - Its not going to surprise me in the least, and I"ll be rather heartbroken and defeated, to see all our new "class specific" abilities all costing hoarde.

That and the Rez is a joke for its timer and hoarde cost. Insulting.

But no, to me that's the scariest precedent I see being set - that more and more "new content" for dragons that have to do with abilities - are costing hoarde.

*sigh*

I would have thought before maybe they wouldn't "Do that to their players" but after the meaningless and unnecessary ancient size nerf (that the devs remain quiet on any real explanation for...hrm) - I'm not able to not think they aren't considering it.

Using every hoard burner I could including a gold shield which cost me 10k I am currently up by 160k in about 3 hours of fighting.

I have no problem with abilities that let me fight and kill 10 fire opal gols in one fight - and I am nowehere near optimal in hoard AND was mostly wearing power gemcrafting scales - although I did have my VVE armor chest and Forelegs with embers and a health crystal.

Once I work out how to best use these new abilities and make some scales tailored to their advantages, and make a new claw once theFangs stack with DL crystalsI will be mammoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx
    Using every hoard burner I could including a gold shield which cost me 10k I am currently up by 160k in about 3 hours of fighting.

I have no problem with abilities that let me fight and kill 10 fire opal gols in one fight - and I am nowehere near optimal in hoard AND was mostly wearing power gemcrafting scales - although I did have my VVE armor chest and Forelegs with embers and a health crystal.

Once I work out how to best use these new abilities and make some scales tailored to their advantages, and make a new claw once theFangs stack with DL crystalsI will be mammoth.
    Yes. But right now, all the abilities only lead to one way of fighting. Where's the versatibility? All our attacks is powered to melee. Want to be a spellcaster? Forget it. The Dev lied to us and never bothered putting the lacking abilities in spell.
    Heck, I'm an Helian. I'm hearing people saying dragons being able to do 1200 damages per gold rage strikes. Unless they went all the way TnC and Strenght (which is the opposite of any Helians), I don'T see how it's possible. The best I manage was 1200 with ALL strikes summed. And spells don't even come close.

The only thing that came close was Burst of Flame, with 1000 a pop per monster. Right now, everthing favor to the Lunus. This leave half of the Ancient even more borked than the other.

Knowing how to uses your scales and abilities shouldn't mean that EVERY dragons should fight the same way. Otherwise, it's simply BORING and even worse than them being biped clone: They are all clone of themselves.

The funniest thing is the 5k hoard value move is "50s". Basically using the cash hoard value of 10cp: 1hv. Which nobody uses. Because its a terrible ratio. Using the typical market price of 3hv: 1 cp on Chaos, 5k hoard comes out to 1.66s. Based on market rates you're exaggerating by a nice factor of 30 when it comes to the cost of the hoard moves. And exaggerating by about that factor in the rest of the post.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    The funniest thing is the 5k hoard value move is "50s". Basically using the cash hoard value of 10cp: 1hv. Which nobody uses. Because its a terrible ratio. Using the typical market price of 3hv: 1 cp on Chaos, 5k hoard comes out to 1.66s. Based on market rates you're exaggerating by a nice factor of 30 when it comes to the cost of the hoard moves. And exaggerating by about that factor in the rest of the post.
    Gotta be with PJ on this one. In fact, my one ... gripe? complaint? issue? dissapointment? Can't find the right word, they are all too strong... is that they nerfed our size. But you can't win them all. I can use the model override for myself and my wife, so that is a useable if quite cheesy work-around.

I do find it funny that one of the issues is diversity, and yet everyone wants a better rez. I don't think we should have gotten a rez in the first place, that is the domain of the Healers and Clerics. And given that it is Super Rez I believe that is strictly Healers, but I could be wrong. Giving all Dragons a rez is counter to diversity. Better to wait until Dragons get a Healer-equivalent school someday.

The mez is close enough to useless to be considered so, except that in very specific circumstances it can be the tactical difference. Still, I wonder if it was worth the time to design. Time will tell.

Truth be told, I am quite pleased with the ARoP over all. Sure, it would be better if we could dip a certain Fiend in flamable liquids and use him to teach our young to breath fire, but his time will come and I am patient [6]

Completing the quest was a real accomplishment, and the rewards were fitting. I feel Mydnite is quite powerful and I am not at all disapointed in his combat strength. It has been a long time since Dragons were weak anyway, but now our power is undeniable. There is no single Bi-Ped school that comes close to us, and I wonder if many dual classes can. I suspect not.

I am not trying to equal an Uber-Ped, and in fact I do not think it is fair to compare ourselves to them now that we know Dragon Schools are coming some day. For now I am content to wait for our schools while other classes and races get their long overdue attention.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

imported_Silowyi

You're assuming that the system is complete. Ancient is simply the first step. Via the devs, ancient is the gateway to dragon classes, but these classes are not yet implemented.

The conversion of the scale to a crystal really doesn't cost us anything except a few T&C/Primal, which we'll get back with ancient dragon schools anyway.

Stats? Schools again.

The 133% armor bonus comes from base, not hoard (unless they changed it for some unfathomable reason).

Resurrection... again, you're assuming we won't get better in the Dragon Healer class.

Not all dragons have cloacas.

Not an AoE class? Dragons are fantastic for AoE, especially with the high amounts of armor. When you're out farming for hoard drops try lvl 70-80 golems... you can kill those in droves.

And yes, I eagerly await dragon schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Silowyi
    The conversion of the scale to a crystal really doesn't cost us anything except a few T&C/Primal, which we'll get back with ancient dragon schools anyway.

Stats? Schools again.
    Yes. But that is going to stall us again for another year or two. Do you think School are going to be released next month? I don't think so. ANd until there, I don't see any way to improve ourself beyond what we currently are.

The 133% armor bonus comes from base, not hoard (unless they changed it for some unfathomable reason).
    Let me know if I'm wrong, but dragons start with 0 base armor, and increase it with hoard levels, scale hardening quests and armor bonus like the one we got when we went adult. And hoard cost for nearly half of it.

Not all dragons have cloacas.
    Dragons are reptiles and arent's some sort of chimaera.. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Valornyx wrote: Using every hoard burner I could including a gold shield which cost me 10k I am currently up by 160k in about 3 hours of fighting.

Yes. But right now, all the abilities only lead to one way of fighting. Where's the versatibility? All our attacks is powered to melee. Want to be a spellcaster? Forget it. The Dev lied to us and never bothered putting the lacking abilities in spell.
    Heck, I'm an Helian. I'm hearing people saying dragons being able to do 1200 damages per gold rage strikes. Unless they went all the way TnC and Strenght (which is the opposite of any Helians), I don'T see how it's possible. The best I manage was 1200 with ALL strikes summed. And spells don't even come close.
    I was using mostlySPELLSnot TC - then mopping up with my claws.

I am learning a whole new way of fighting - I can't see your point about having to fight ONE way.

I moved a bunch of TPs over to Primal and started cleaning up with spells - as a Lunus.

Hit Refresh Breeze and Spikes - run in and sweep up about 6-10 Fire Opal Gols, move to a safer spot, Grazing Winds and Unrelenting Winds. Time to start doing some damage!!Flame Burst, run down the T5 AoEs, Hit the T4 AoEs - clean up with claws, drop in some more AoEs when they recycle. Did it time and time again.

Whilst waiting for the Flame Burst and Refresh Breeze to recycle - pick off one or two at a time with TC.

By the end of the hunt I had made +300k hoard and picked up something like 12-15 T5 forms and techs (a lot of them dragon useable). Not a huge amount of hoard to be sure - but I went UP not down.

For the first time I knew what it felt like to be a bit like the high rated bipeds in a mob fight instead of one on one - that we have always excelled at.

Consider that they are talking about extending the abilities (it may take sometime granted) - but I see little to be unhappy with.

If a dragon gets optimal on hoard and makes T5 armor scales with wards and resists - they will be nigh unstoppable against the right targets.

Silowyi wrote:

Stats? Schools again.

Pie in the sky until something more firm appears on the horizon (punny, ain't I?).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    Let me know if I'm wrong, but dragons start with 0 base armor, and increase it with hoard levels, scale hardening quests and armor bonus like the one we got when we went adult. And hoard cost for nearly half of it.
    We get armor per adventure level, per hoard level, scale hardening quests, and RoP/ARoP.

Dragons are reptiles and arent's some sort of chimaera.. So...
    Dragons are whatever we make them. Sometimes they are reptiles, sometimes they are something completely different. All depends on who is writing the story, doesn't it?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

silowyi wrote:

> You're assuming that the system is complete. Ancient is simply the first step. Via
    > the devs, ancient is the gateway to dragon classes, but these classes are not yet
    > implemented.
    >
    > The conversion of the scale to a crystal really doesn't cost us anything except a
    > few T&C/Primal, which we'll get back with ancient dragon schools anyway.
    *nods*

> Stats? Schools again.
    >
    > The 133% armor bonus comes from base, not hoard (unless they changed it for
    > some unfathomable reason).
    *nods*nods*

> Resurrection... again, you're assuming we won't get better in the Dragon Healer
    > class.
    mhm..

> Not all dragons have cloacas.

O.O ...

uh..
    is it just me or did that come entirely out of left field?

The crystals now add the +50 primal/t&c the scale had on it. I think the problem is people expected too much base power from arop. Use adult as an example and compare it to ancient. Already ancient has many more bonuses and has increased our power greatly. When the first few bonuses emerged and it seemed that was all we would get i was especially pissed, but by the end i was very pleased because it fullfilled some reasonable bonuses. ie armor hp str ect. We have to be realistic here.

You just can't justify the types of bonuses people wanted to see like +1k hp
    +400str ect ect.

I easily get 1400 str without str scales just techs. i don't know what a biped warrior can get and i don't care. All i know is that i have plenty of it. There is no single class that can do what we do and you cannot justify the amount of power people want to see from ancient.

Giving ancients classes is the only way to do this. Devs have stated (if you read the chat) that these classes will provide more stat bonuses among many other things. Hell they are even going to let us rechoose our faction paths when it realy matters. Yes, dragons may still have nothing to do post 100, but it doesn't mean we should have everything any multiclassed god has at rating 180 in a quarter of the time it takes to reach the status.

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragoniade wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Valornyx wrote: Using every hoard burner I could including a gold shield which cost me 10k I am currently up by 160k in about 3 hours of fighting.

I was using mostlySPELLSnot TC - then mopping up with my claws.

I am learning a whole new way of fighting - I can't see your point about having to fight ONE way.

I moved a bunch of TPs over to Primal and started cleaning up with spells - as a Lunus.

Hit Refresh Breeze and Spikes - run in and sweep up about 6-10 Fire Opal Gols, move to a safer spot, Grazing Winds and Unrelenting Winds. Time to start doing some damage!!Flame Burst, run down the T5 AoEs, Hit the T4 AoEs - clean up with claws, drop in some more AoEs when they recycle. Did it time and time again.

Whilst waiting for the Flame Burst and Refresh Breeze to recycle - pick off one or two at a time with TC.

By the end of the hunt I had made +300k hoard and picked up something like 12-15 T5 forms and techs (a lot of them dragon useable). Not a huge amount of hoard to be sure - but I went UP not down.

For the first time I knew what it felt like to be a bit like the high rated bipeds in a mob fight instead of one on one - that we have always excelled at.

Consider that they are talking about extending the abilities (it may take sometime granted) - but I see little to be unhappy with.

If a dragon gets optimal on hoard and makes T5 armor scales with wards and resists - they will be nigh unstoppable against the right targets.
    Dragon spells work fine against weaker or lower level mobs. But try taking on a boss like Surtheim or even Mhedon using just your dragon spells. Its not an option if you want to survive the fight.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Dragon spells work fine against weaker or lower level mobs. But try taking on a boss like Surtheim or even Mhedon using just your dragon spells. Its not an option if you want to survive the fight.
    Totally true. And don't forget stunning monsters like werewolves. Having ones of the slowest spells in Istaria, the nearly get stoped all the time. We're still waiting for the Primal equivalent of Gold Rage Manga promised nearly 1 year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel

The crystals now add the +50 primal/t&c the scale had on it. I think the problem is people expected too much base power from arop. Use adult as an example and compare it to ancient. Already ancient has many more bonuses and has increased our power greatly. When the first few bonuses emerged and it seemed that was all we would get i was especially [Censored]ed, but by the end i was very pleased because it fullfilled some reasonable bonuses. ie armor hp str ect. We have to be realistic here.

You just can't justify the types of bonuses people wanted to see like +1k hp
    +400str ect ect.

I easily get 1400 str without str scales just techs. i don't know what a biped warrior can get and i don't care. All i know is that i have plenty of it. There is no single class that can do what we do and you cannot justify the amount of power people want to see from ancient.

Giving ancients classes is the only way to do this. Devs have stated (if you read the chat) that these classes will provide more stat bonuses among many other things. Hell they are even going to let us rechoose our faction paths when it realy matters. Yes, dragons may still have nothing to do post 100, but it doesn't mean we should have everything any multiclassed god has at rating 180 in a quarter of the time it takes to reach the status.
    1000 Hp and 400 strength (powers) is a bit high, yes. It's not like we're getting 6 points per level. But we're still getting less per level than others. The +500 HP from both adult and ancient is good, but the minimal stats increase we get from them don't even close to the 200-300 points we're lacking here and there.

A warrior get 10 points in 67 of his 10 skills, the 7 beings the one associated to his class; wizards get 11! We get 8 in Primal and Tooth and Claw. That's 200-300 under what a class should get for their associated skills. Just like those class, Primal, TnC and Dragon Breath should have been rebalanced, and evasion remained at what it is.

I'm pretty sure a biped is able to get that too, considering how many equipement slot they have. With Strength teched jewelery and armors, I wouldn't be surprises if they couldn't do better

I'm not saying we are now godlike .. I would not try to fight one on one using spells since we are already strong that way with TC .. the new primal rage - or whatever it is called will bring Primal based dragons more into line with the TC oriented Gold Rage ..

My point is that we are now capable of doing things with spells that we could never do before. I would say that Flame Burst helps casters more than meleers since meleer's strengths are one vs one .. 500HV is a bit expensive a hoard cost for use on one mob .. on multiple mobs at the same time - it is a great equalizer.

Whilst I don't know how many levels at 100 a biped needs to take on 10 Fire Opal gols or8 Winter Werewolves stunning the bejeebers out of you at the same time, and come out the other side .. that is what I was doing last night.

Anyone who wanted AROP to give them one million strength or HPs is being unrealistic. I was initially unhappy with TGs offering - with 2 modifications due to people's protests we got more. What we have now got IMO makes us pretty ******** strong for a L100.

Should a L100 dragon with ten billion xp over L100 be as strong as a multi 100 biped - yes probably. But the point is that since at this stage there is no distinction between the ancient who arrived 101 days ago and the one who has been playing for 2 years, it is unrealistic to expect to have godlike abilities.

Personally I'm pretty happy with what we got out of the quests, and the more I experiment with the new abilities and learn how to use them better and what they are capable of - the better fighter I become.

Not only this, but if I can getstackable Fangs and if I get my hands on a misty topaz or something, new scales with power for the flame burst, a new blighted headscale with cool properties - I'll chew through the opposition. At L100.

technically(when quests are finished in 8 years) we get +9 in t&c per lvl

Now that our bw actually gets stat bonuses that can count as a TRUE +10 per lvl stat

Most of the +10s a warrior gets is for weapons for which he/she is proficient in all types. it just makes them more adaptable and fun to experiment with, not realy that more powerfull.

In terms of stats i have +880 base str i think the same for power as well

Ontop of that we have a stat bonus no other class has access to which is determination (or the primal one).

Take away 50 for our race(which doesn't count towards our class stats)
    and it's 830 + 180 from determination which does not have stacking issues at all and is exclusive to the dragon race

and technically we get the choice to have 1010 base str or power at lvl 100. Interchangable upon personal request. No other class or race has this option.

And remember dragon is a general class. No other general class can say the same.

My point is that we are now capable of doing things with spells that we could never do before. I would say that Flame Burst helps casters more than meleers since meleer's strengths are one vs one .. 500HV is a bit expensive a hoard cost for use on one mob .. on multiple mobs at the same time - it is a great equalizer.
    I wouldn't say so. My goldrage hit for 300-400 a pop, when the 3 strikes hit. That's about 900-1200 damages if all of them hit, for 640 hoards. 1000 damage for 500 isn't that expensive.

But spells haven't changed much. Breezes are still borked. We still only have 1 repeater. We have no gifts whatsoever except for 1 gift. We have to rely on biped to fill our gift slot (1 dragon gifts, 1 locket, still 3 remain).

...the new primal rage - or whatever it is called will bring Primal based dragons more into line with the TC oriented Gold Rage ..
    Not quite. From what I heard from Blight shard the version of Primal Burst being tested does about 500 damage and is on a 3 second timer. Its basically a powerful single-target bolt spell. But it alone is not going to put you on par with a melee dragon for taking out bosses. The reason is simple: There's one key thing that lets a dragon take on some of the toughest bosses in the game and survive victorious: primal vengeance. No matter how strong the helian equivalent of gold rage is, since its not a melee attack it won't trigger primal vengeance. No primal vengeance in fight against Surtheim or Umyarr = dead dragon.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Valornyx wrote:...the new primal rage - or whatever it is called will bring Primal based dragons more into line with the TC oriented Gold Rage ..

Not quite. From what I heard from Blight shard the version of Primal Burst being tested does about 500 damage and is on a 3 second timer. Its basically a powerful single-target bolt spell. But it alone is not going to put you on par with a melee dragon for taking out bosses. The reason is simple: There's one key thing that lets a dragon take on some of the toughest bosses in the game and survive victorious: primal vengeance. No matter how strong the helian equivalent of gold rage is, since its not a melee attack it won't trigger primal vengeance. No primal vengeance in fight against Surtheim or Umyarr = dead dragon.

But doesn't Primal Vengeance go off with our spells? Mine does, fairly frequently. Or am I totally missing what you're saying here?

~Mirsathia

Thread Information