Thread: Housing questions: bulk and returns

neofit

Default Housing questions: bulk and returns

Hi!

I read on gi.net that a T1 silo can store a bulk of 20K and 0 items. Does 0 mean "unlimited", or "to be updated later"?

Also, I've read some threads but still can't figure it out. When I tear down a complete or incomplete structure from my plot, do I get anything back in terms odfresources? And what are these Novian resources people keep talking about?

Also, is the information in the thread http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=19579 still accurate? (it is almost a year old). Mostly how about T2 human houses and T1 Guild Houses? I can only afford a small plot, but would like to use it for the mostest storage per surface and for the leastest amout of effort, mind you :).

Also, re: Guild Houses. Can anyone build them, even without being in a guild? Apparently they have something like a teleporter in them?

Thanks.

Default Re: Housing questions: bulk and returns

That's got to be a typo. Silos hold 1 stack, so only one type of thing can go in and it must be stackable to put more than one of it there.

If you tear down a complete structure, you get 80% of its units back as Novians that appear in (and overfill) your vault. You cannot trade away the Novians or use them on any lot but one you own. Novians are construction units that can be applied 1:1 and require no skill; if you have Novian Cedar Timbers in inventory and want to apply them, contribute like normal but check the Use Novians box in the lower right.

They get their name from the Novo machine that transferred us all from our old shards to the new merged shards; everyone's vaults expanded to 1 mill bulk and all the property structures were converted 100% to Novians to be reapplied once new lots were gained via auction or purchase. They were freely transferrable; the new ones, as noted above, are attuned.

I do not know what you get back for tearing down a partial structure. I will be testing on a stray tree of mine, though it was built with Novians in the first place, so I'll see what diminishing returns I get.

I do not know if the information at the site you link is accurate. Houses do give storage, as do guild houses. You can indeed build a guild house even on a nonguild lot, even if you are not guilded. It contains an altar that acts as a shrine at which you can bind. Be careful you have a portal out near the lot, or you'll have a long walk after each recall.

Also you can bind at other people's shrines, but then you have to hope they don't tear them down. I have no idea what happens if one's bind point is destroyed; I intend to bind away from my lot before I raze it for its new look (which, sadly, I cannot do this week as planned due to a surprise office meeting).

Hope that all helps.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/100 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/14 Weaver/13 Enchanter
    100 Reaver/64 Ice Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Also you can bind at other people's shrines, but then you have to hope they don't tear them down. I have no idea what happens if one's bind point is destroyed; I intend to bind away from my lot before I raze it for its new look (which, sadly, I cannot do this week as planned due to a surprise office meeting).
    You are bound to a location, not necessarily a structure. So if the shrine gets torn down you can still recall to the same spot, even if that spot is later in the middle of a new building or an empty lot.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

If u raze a part built structure ull get 80% of the resources back as novians that have been applied up to that time

Thread Information