Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: design preview

Default design preview

sooooo.....like.....ummm where is it?

Default Re: design preview

MIA it would appear, that said it should makes it very hard to say they are failing to deliver on stuff in the design preview if they dont put anything there.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor
    MIA it would appear, that said it should makes it very hard to say they are failing to deliver on stuff in the design preview if they dont put anything there.
    ya, but that won't stop you guys from doing it anyways

The last time this came up (hint: search is your friend) a dev posted to say they'd pulled it because it was out of date and needed to be rewritten. It was still referring to July stuff when it was September.

Make it a feather whip so it won't hurt so much?

[:$]

The design preview was taken down because it was out of date. It had design goals on there from July and August.

We had our Quarter4 Design Meeting at the end of last week and Manga is working on updating it on the website to display the new information.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth

The design preview was taken down because it was out of date. It had design goals on there from July and August.

We had our Quarter4 Design Meeting at the end of last week and Manga is working on updating it on the website to display the new information.

- Amon
    Looking forward to reading it, Amon.

I agree with Khoal, really looking foward to it, been wondering when any new information would be posted for it [:)]

Same here and thanks Amon for responding. [;)]

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel

sooooo.....like.....ummm where is it?
    Whoop! there it is http://community.istaria.com/default.aspx?pg=comingsoon
    ~Robins

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(89)Crossbowman/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(84)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(46)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(75)Armorer/(71)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (42)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

I've decided to delete this post, since it has caused one of those stupid cookie-cutter dragon vs. biped bickering matches.

I apologize to the community in general, and oluviel in particular,for causing such a thread derailment.

Feel free to use this voodoo doll [[Z]] to work out your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoal
    Hmm. Well, it's nice to see what's on there now, but I was pretty sure there was supposed to be some information regarding post ARoP faction development / progression.

Oh well.

(Specifically on 9-22-05, Manga wrote:
    I am working on a Dragon Advance page to be release in a few days)
    Obviously Tulga's definition of "a few days" is different from the common usage in the English language.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Khoal
    Hmm. Well, it's nice to see what's on there now, but I was pretty sure there was supposed to be some information regarding post ARoP faction development / progression.

Oh well.

Other than lairshaping, don't you think dragons have occupied enough of the developers attentions over the last year? I've been clicking on the "task" button when talking to my trainer for the past year and still he tells me he has nothing for me. Don't you think it's time some other players got some "love"?
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Brassandyn
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Khoal wrote:Hmm. Well, it's nice to see what's on there now, but I was pretty sure there was supposed to be some information regarding post ARoP faction development / progression.

Oh well.

Other than lairshaping, don't you think dragons have occupied enough of the developers attentions over the last year? I've been clicking on the "task" button when talking to my trainer for the past year and still he tells me he has nothing for me. Don't you think it's time some other players got some "love"?
    If you hit 100 as a biped you can multiclass pretty much indefinitely. The endgame may be boring for you, but it is an endgame. You have a way in which you can constantly improve your character and become more powerful. Dragons do not.

When you hit 100 as a dragon with a maxed hoard and have completed ARoP, the game... just... ends. There is NO game for such dragons. NOTHING to do to improve your character or give you a reason to play other than chatting with friends or gathering cash or hoard which does absolutely nothing for you. Now that I've finished ARoP I have nothing to do in game and am bored. I'm waiting for the devs to give me a reason to play the game.... Whether its seeking epic loot or adding more levels, it is critical to have some means to improve your character.

So in that respect, no I don't think the devs have spent enough time on dragons yet. Bipeds are still more finished in that they actually have a way to continually improve while dragons do not.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Brassandyn wrote:[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Khoal wrote:Hmm. Well, it's nice to see what's on there now, but I was pretty sure there was supposed to be some information regarding post ARoP faction development / progression.

Oh well.

If you hit 100 as a biped you can multiclass pretty much indefinitely. The endgame may be boring for you, but it is an endgame. You have a way in which you can constantly improve your character and become more powerful. Dragons do not.

When you hit 100 as a dragon with a maxed hoard and have completed ARoP, the game... just... ends. There is NO game for such dragons. NOTHING to do to improve your character or give you a reason to play other than chatting with friends or gathering cash or hoard which does absolutely nothing for you. Now that I've finished ARoP I have nothing to do in game and am bored. I'm waiting for the devs to give me a reason to play the game.... Whether its seeking epic loot or adding more levels, it is critical to have some means to improve your character.

So in that respect, no I don't think the devs have spent enough time on dragons yet. Bipeds are still more finished in that they actually have a way to continually improve while dragons do not.

That is a pretty selfish attitude my friend, and a very tired old argument. Many "bipeds" do not want to level multiple classes to 100, and do not have the time to spend to do so. Dragons have more quests, and more lore. If you think leveling a class to 36 or 72 or 100 to get one masterable ability is fun, than think again -- it's not. At least not for some of us.

Crafters and two-legged adventurers deserve some attention from the powers that be, other than crafting and ability nerfs.

Of course, I expected no less a response. Dragons are, after all, selfish and vain.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

There may be a "kind of endgame" due to multiclassing for biped. But what is missing is the stuff before you hit "endgame". Some trainers stop quests at level 20. All others never give out any. And to multiclassing. most "advantages" you will earn are useless in your main school. After 2-3 schools you just get the option to change your main school from time to time but pay for this with your rating.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

[img]/images/temp/carrot_cake.jpg[/img]

Yum, a healthy dessert that removes an hourfrom dp timer :)

Note *Ineffective if any level is higher than 100*
    Now that sounds promising :)

>>>New Resources

(Enriched Ore's and Pristine Gems and other Exotic Resource Types)<<<

Time to level my miner up :)
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Fireclaw wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Brassandyn wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Khoal wrote: Hmm. Well, it's nice to see what's on there now, but I was pretty sure there was supposed to be some information regarding post ARoP faction development / progression.

Oh well.

That is a pretty selfish attitude my friend, and a very tired old argument. Many "bipeds" do not want to level multiple classes to 100, and do not have the time to spend to do so. Dragons have more quests, and more lore. If you think leveling a class to 36 or 72 or 100 to get one masterable ability is fun, than think again -- it's not. At least not for some of us.

Crafters and two-legged adventurers deserve some attention from the powers that be, other than crafting and ability nerfs.

Of course, I expected no less a response. Dragons are, after all, selfish and vain.
    as are you

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Fireclaw wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Brassandyn wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Khoal wrote: Hmm. Well, it's nice to see what's on there now, but I was pretty sure there was supposed to be some information regarding post ARoP faction development / progression.

Oh well.

Umm...all i can say to that is Stick it....

VIVA LA DRAGONS!!!!
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

I am very glad to see crystals coming back. I have been around since release but was never able to get any of the deadland crystals. The + Power crystal looks very nice as a Caster Helian. I can just drool over teh increase in damage I could get when that procs.

Also I like the look of those dragon chambers I can not wait for that. A lairwill be a nice Christmas present to my dragon.

Thread Information