Thread: Dual Selection

Default Dual Selection

I think this would benefit people who have healer or cleric levels the most(maybe druids too), but would it be possible to be able to have two characters selected at once? Such as the mob your attacking on Selection 1(hot keys 1-0 on the reg. keyboard), and an ally on selection two(hot keys 1-0 on the numpad). That way you could heal allies and use abilities on enemies without clicking all around. I know that numpad numbers are used for camera stuff, but theres already the option for delete, end, page down/up etc. etc. for all that.

Would be good for wizards too, making sure a mob is mezzed. Comments? Feedback?
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Default Re: Dual Selection

One of the few ideas EQ2 had which I really liked was cast through which I think would address this problem. If you cast a harmful spell ordid an attack on a party member it was applied to whatever mob that member had targetted as if you had that mob targetted directly. If you cast a beneficial spell on an enemy it would be automatically applied to whoever that enemy had targetted.

This made combat far less of a click fest. In addition to making assisting and healing the main tank a no brainer it also simplified other situations. If my paladin were soloing or the main tank and I wanted to heal while fighting a mob, all I had to do was cast the heal spell. I had the mob targetted but it had me targetted so the heal spell landed on me without me having to change targets.

EQ2 still has a bug whereby if you're fighting through someone else and the mob dies, it doesn't take you out of combat mode and you have to hit ESC to get out. That bug has been in since day one. However, it's not hard to hit ESC and the feature as a whole is quite nice.

I suspect it would take a lot of coding to make it work in HZ though.

That doesn't sound too bad, though I kind of like my idea more(of course, it was mine afterall=)).

I dont think I could get used to that though, because of FFX....casting a heal on an enemy healed him(unless he was zombified..). Would just be hard for me to get used to.

*shrugs* That would be better than nothing though.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

City of Heroes also has an attack thru ability. It's great for party tactics. Main tank targets mob and everyone attacks his target (no matter what his target is) thru him. If he switches targets, then so to they. Makes concentrating fire power much simpler, plus if you are a healer, you don't have to switch off the main character you are healing to make an attack.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

I use [1] to select nearest enemy, [2] for my repeater and the [3][4][5] etc..
    for heals. Selecting group members can be done with [F1][F2][F3] etc...
    And since I put myself on the first place in the group window always ^_^
    I made [F1] select myself and the 'tank' on second place ([F2]).

If you want to select someone not in your group, simply make a hotkey with 'text command' "/select NameOfFriend" and click it.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Hyacinthe

My Dragon's setup...

F9 > target self
    F10 > Target nearest enemy
    F11 > Attack

Active hotkey bar 0 9 8 have my most used abilities... GR SS Ravage...

Heals right above those.... really is simple..

My Druid has the same setup... makes it easy...

~Hy

Thread Information