Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Lairshaping Preview

Default Re: Dragon Lairshaping Preview

[:O]

[li]

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

O_O wow this is great i cant wait to start building :P [Y][H][:D][pi][G]
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

A question: what will be the storage capacities of various rooms? I assume silos will be single-stack storages with same space as biped equivalents, but how much stuff I can store in other rooms, like lair room or hoard room? Will there be any big rooms with guildhouse-equivalent storage capacity?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Another question, could we please get dimensions on these chambers and maybe the lower tier dimensions as well?

Also, how are we supposed to get the T6 bars and such other than transforming them, we need morepoints per levelin the base processing skills based on what has been seen for the centopaths.

Thanks

Devast
    Lairshaper to be

Q. A question: what will be the storage capacities of various rooms? I assume silos will be single-stack storages with same space as biped equivalents, but how much stuff I can store in other rooms, like lair room or hoard room? Will there be any big rooms with guildhouse-equivalent storage capacity?
    A. Yes, the storage on the Silos will be like the Non-Lair Silos. Other storage has not yet been set at this time. The Grand Hall is a Guild Hall, btw.

Q.Could we please get the dimensions on these chambers and maybe the lower tier dimensions as well?
    A. Once the lair pieces have been finalized and exported and we begin testing them, dimensions will be made available.

Q. How are we supposed to get the T6 bars and suchother than transforming them, we need more points per level in the base processing skills based on what has been seen for the cenotaphs.
    A. T6 resource nodes will become available over time.Smelting and Stoneworking skills were answered in the Q&A above. And Dragons can obtain over 1200 in all of the skills neededtoobtain and process T6 resources. It is not meant to be easy, but it can be done.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon is XP going to be based off of the current way of crafting items? Or is going to be off the rumored way of Only XP for a craft skill that is a main skill of the current class?

Example: I as a level 100 Dragon caster could go out and do Fireopals for Tri-Cut Gem or Marble and Shinning essence for Cast Stone o power level my self faster throught the lower levels?

Or will I only get Xp for say Focused Azulyte Crystals, Maelstones , Flowstones , and Crystalline Lattices. Because built, I am assuming, with Lair Crafter only skills?

devast wrote:

> ... how are we supposed to get the T6 bars and such other than transforming
    > them, ...

heh.... how do you think bipeds have been making t6 items all this time?

and... yeah.. i'm a little concerned about needing more than one resource for a single refined resource, too. i'm not understanding how that equates to the same amount of effort as biped construction, where all required resources (barring t6) require only 2 unrefined (or of course 3 unrefined for alloys) for one refined resource item, which then goes into the 15 / 20 scheme.

imported_Kepesk

You have to remeber that bipeds have to be part of all sort of different crafting schools to be able to build everything themselves. Dragons have it much much easier there, only needing one to build their whole lairs. I think that more than makes up for the increased complexity of dragon construction.

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

Generally from looking at the Lairshaper school, I'd like to see the Biped Construction schools, more like it. Not Lairshaper more like the biped schools. The complexity is a plus.

Take Fitter:

Fitting is :

Dig Ores
    Smelt Ores into bars
    Make Bars into Sheets or Joints
    Apply

Its a fairly shallow school.

Although its not a high priority item.

But I'm highly impressed with Lairs/Lairshapping at this time. While yeah, ARoP and Lairs did take much longer then originally advertised (understatement), the quality is evident.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

One small advantage of being two freakin years late is they get to observe the things which weren't two freakin years late, see what works and see what doesn't. At least that means that when the school which is two freakin years late finally makes it live it'll be better (however TG defines better).

Sorry about that. Bipeds whining about dragons getting something after 2 years which they had from day one just sets me off. However, I greatly appreciate what TG is doing.

So I was sitting trying to think (when I should have been thinking about work but that's another story) about how I'll go about doing this.

None of the following is a complaint, I'm just trying to think through what will be involved.

Building a lair will definately be different then building a biped plot (although since I'm 100% dragonthe only thing I've doneonbiped plotshas beenfetch and carry for bipeds). It seems like the first thing I'd want to do is build up as quickly as possible the ability to store resources and process them to the last stage so they can be applied (probably the same as a biped plot). I'll also want to be able to bind at my plot if that's possible. However, since it's underground the first thing I'll want to build is a 4-way intersection which is definately different from biped plot building. It'll have to be tier I since I'll be brand new at this. Off of that I"ll build silos in one direction, more 4-way intersections connected to finishing machines off the other, and the other direction will be for going deeper down for the real structures I want (lair, hoard, etc.) but first I have to do the preliminaries. This is going to take awhile. Most of this will initially be Tier 1 because that's all I'll be able to do.

By the time I've built a bunch of that tier I stuff I"ll be able to build tier II. At that point I may want to upgrade some of those silos and machines. I see two things going on here. First, I'd want to do the Novian trick I've heard bipeds doing of deconstructing stuff but there's a limit. Looking at the tier 6 stuff, it looks like each tier's worth structures is made of of materials from that tier and the one below. So when I deconstruct my tier I stuff and start building comparable tier II stuff the most I'll be able to get is half the tier II stuff built.

So I upgrade silos and anything else I'm want to upgrade but there's a problem. How do I upgrade that initial tier 1 4-way intersection? Everything else in the lair branches off of it. Will it even LET me deconstruct it since it would make the rest of the lair inaccessible? Even if it does, that upgrade will be more painful since it'll have to be done without access to anything else I've built. This wouild be a problem unique to lairs.

If I get lazy I can see myself starting out with tier 1 near the entrance and gradually using higher and higher tier stuff as I dig my way farther in.

I don't think I have the patience to even bother with tier 6 construction. I'll leavetier 6 lairsto the masochists or the people who have no lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    MMMmmmmm, can't wait!!!

But OMG is it going to take foreeeeeeever to build this stuff!! Take a look at this one

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Amon Gwareth wrote: resource:[*][Stone Brick 2/5 Stone Slabs].[*][Metal Bars 2/5 Ore].[*]Cast Stone (Sandstone, Slate, Granite, Obsidian, Marble, Travertine), Requires 2/5 Stone Bricks and 2/5 Essence.[*]Flowstone (Rough, Flawed, Smooth, Polished, Flawless, Perfect), Requires 20/40 Cast Stones, 20/40 Metal Bars.[/list]Tier 1 Corridor Pieces (3-Way, 4-Way, Bend, Slope, Spiral #1, Spiral #2, Straight)
    Rough Flowstone, 10

At optimum this is:
    2 * 2 * 20 * 10 = 800 Stone Slabs and 2 * 20 * 10 = 400 Essence and 2 * 20 * 10 = 400 Ore

Holy resource-grinding, Batman!! And when you factor in higher tiered metals, you have even more resources to make the bars.

But if that isn't fun enough, try this one:

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Amon Gwareth wrote:[*]Focused Azulyte Crystals (Viridian, Cerulean, Amber, Titian, Crimson, Violet), Requires 2/5 Unfocused Crystals[*]Tri-Cut Gem (Rough, Faceted, Beveled, Brilliant, Flawless, Perfect), Requires 2/5 Uncut Gems of each type.[*]Crystalline Lattice (Viridian, Cerulean, Amber, Titian, Crimson, Violet), Requires 20/40 Tri-Cut Gems, 20/40 Focused Azulyte Crystals.[/list]Tier 1 Corridor Pieces (3-Way, 4-Way, Bend, Slope, Spiral #1, Spiral #2, Straight)
    Viridian Crystalline Lattice, 30

At optimum that is:
    2 * 20 * 30 = 1200 Unfocused Crystals and 2 * 20 * 30 = 1200 Uncut Gems

God forbid we try any of this stuff at other than optimum, which frankly is inevitable anyway.
    Multiply all those numbers by 2, it takes 2-3 construction pieces to equal 1 unit placed on a structure.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Astrianna

Very Cool Can't wait [O][H][Y][Y][Y][:)]

There is no tiered version of the corridors. So if you built a 4-way intersection at the beginning, you would not upgrade it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I'm sooo excited!!! You guys need to get it in !
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Q. A question: what will be the storage capacities of various rooms? I assume silos will be single-stack storages with same space as biped equivalents, but how much stuff I can store in other rooms, like lair room or hoard room? Will there be any big rooms with guildhouse-equivalent storage capacity?
    A. Yes, the storage on the Silos will be like the Non-Lair Silos. Other storage has not yet been set at this time. The Grand Hall is a Guild Hall, btw.
    So does that mean only guilds can build it or is the way it is now for bipeds, where they can also build varying tiers of guildhalls?
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Dev Team,

First of all, Lairs look freakin' awesome. I must say they look very well done. I like the claw-like stalagtites and stalagmites I saw in one of the preview pictures, the underground rivers and waterfalls look awesome too. The more of that the better :D

I was wondering how possible it would be to allow lairs to have their entrances modified in the future? Perhaps add outside waterfalls of different sorts and be able to position them around, and perhaps add rocks/boulders and small ponds in the immediate vicinity around the lair entrance? Kind of like having that level partially like a surface biped plot. Or maybe add apile of animal bones.

Maybe even have different Tier entrances themselves that have different look to them. For example, acave entrance looking like a roughly hewn dragons head with the Maw as its entrance and smoke billowing from its nostrils. nice embellishments like that. :)

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

I asked David about this in irc a while ago, and his answer amounted to "one thing at at time", which is more of a maybe, but don't get your hopes up sort of answer.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth

Dragon Lairshaping and Lairs
    Revised Oct 6, 2005
    [img]/images/temp/dragon_lairshaper.png[/img] Lairs are a unique feature that will soon be added to Horizons: Empire of Istaria. To give players the ability to create these lairs, we have created a new dragon school called Lairshaper. This is a prestige trade school for dragons and allows dragon players to attain 100 levels in a new school focused on the construction of lairs.

The Prerequisite to join the Dragon Lairshaper school is a Gemworking skill of 170. The school is open, however, to dragons of any status, from juvenile to ancient.

The Dragon Lairshaper school gains the following attributes points per level:[*]Strength - 5[*]Dexterity - 5[*]Health - 5[*]Power - 5[*]Focus - 5[/list]

The Dragon Lairshaper schools also gains the following skills points per level:[*]Crystalshaping - 8[*]Essence Shaping - 8[*]Gemworking - 8[*]Smelting - 8[*]Stoneworking - 8[*]Essence Harvesting - 7[*]Mining - 7[*]Quarrying - 7[*]Lairshaping - 10[/list]

Dragon Lairshapers will gain the necessary tool abilities to process resources: Essence Harvesting, Mining, Quarrying, Smelting and Stoneworking. They will also gain two new abilities that will aid them in the processing of resources for lairs and also in the application of these resources into lairs: Crystalworking and Lairshaping.

Lairs come in many different styles, with many different corridors and chambers. To construct them, Dragon Lairshapers have devised a number of new processed resource types that harness the Primal energies of Dragons as well as the power of metals, earth, essence and crystals. These resources utilize the standard skill progression: Tier 1 1/200 100/300 Tier 2 200/425 300/525 Tier 3 400/650 500/750 Tier 4 600/875 700/975 Tier 5 800/1100 900/1200 Tier 6 1000/1325 1100/1425
    Comments and Feedback are, as always, welcome and encouraged.
    ok.
    Comment and Feedback. Here it goes. This look good, but.
    ******** IT. Haven't Tulga learned about giving Dragon Crafting school a break?

Stat increase per level: 5 points??! You may has well give us zero and we won't notice. Laircrafting is supposed to be a labourious task. How come we don't get 8-9 points per level like some other biped crafting school? Right now with dragon, only adventure can raise your stats. Why don't give crafting some stat love over there.

And the same goes for skill. 8 for specialized skills? Biped gets 9-11 for SPECIALIZED skills. Optimal : 1200. 8x 100 = 800... In 1 year, we *should* get 10 quest giving us 100 extra. 900 points. Way lower what I carpenter would get at level 100 in carpentry, or a weaponsmith in weaponmaking.

Stop giving dragon excuse for nerfing then on release. Why don't you give us real stats other than sorry excuse for bellow par stats? We're continiously being told that schools will solve the imparity we have in our stats. All I see in this crafting school are stats lower or equals than the current plain dragon schools. Heck, I would have seen quarrying getting 9 points, stoneworking 8, crystakworking 10 and Lairshaping 11.

Also, I sure wish to see what are the requirement to lower tier construction. Because, those are kind of high, and I hope the lower tier don't require THAT much.

Otherwise, the content look good and it's about time another school get here, even though the stats are really bellow average... again.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

nice info

but for a dragon to place a t6 room will be the hell on istaria :(

i hope to see the lvl cap raised for dragons AND the add of the t6 forms

as a lvl 100 lairshaper you dont have opt skill to place a t5 part :(

and i fear crystalwork (gain 8 per lvl) is even worst.

but nice preview, we will see it ingame how it works

ok, from a biped-constructin Ignorant Dragon (and I know I'm not alone at all, so knowing this wil help me educate others, as I KNOW these questiosn are going to be all over Dragonchat soon) :).

Ok, so you level faster APPLYING stuff to your lair, than doing the quests or grinding.

My question is this - as someone else brought up briefly but...

Obviously that would mean that even a level 100 crafter dragon, to be most efficient, would either need to 1-build on other lairs that are t1 - or 2-build tier I to his lair...

Now, assuming you start building tier I to your own lair..and you build whatever until you hit teir II -

How is it exatly the upgrading process???

Do you simply take the Teir I structure, say you want a teir II now, and keep building??

Or do you have to decon the teir I for leftovers, start from scratch there, and apply to the next, Teir II, structure??

I mean do bipeds normally have to rebuild their house five times before they get a teir V house? I have no idea - I have never played a biped nor been involved in their building enough to know what's going on :) exactly.

Other questsion that pop into my head at 2 am...

Do underground lair silos look like biped silos?? *blinks and thinks that's a gonna be a bit odd..*

Are there different tiers of Craft stations?? As in if I start and build a smelting forge - is it only a teir I forge? Are there Teir II and III forges? What difference do they make??

Our "hoarde" room - will it have a representation generic of the hoarde (like in the bank right now) all the same size no matter your hoarde size? Or will it get bigger the bigger the hoarde is (like the picture in our equipment window??)

The big questions I have are leveling up through those teirs (nice to have quests though...). But the other questisons are just curiosities....

(I hate crafting, this is gonna suck....)

Thread Information