Thread: /tells .... a question.

Default /tells .... a question.

Here's a question.

Do Game Masters/Moderators/Etc monitor /tells between players? Are they capable of seeing what goes on in /tell? If something came up, is there a way for them to extract what was said in a /tell?

The reason I ask, is that the ToS mentions several things players are not permitted to do, and I'm just wondering how close do they watch this kinda stuff. And also, I know a friend of mine likes to talk about ... certain things... in /tell, but I don't want them getting in trouble, even though I consent to the /tells, and have nothing aginst them, I don't want them getting their accounts deleted, or suspended or what-not. If both people consent to the /telling, is it still illegal by the ToS for the /tells to happen? Say, if, they were just joking around in /tell and some of those tells had sexual jokes or something in them, would they get in trouble?

--Dhalin

Default Re: /tells .... a question.

As far as I'm aware, while devs do have the ability to observe /tells, they are not actively moderated. What goes in tells, stays as the business of the two people at either end. The exception would be when you file a harrassment report about something in a /tell, then Tulga will be interested in what went over in there. The servers also archive a lot of things, like trade transactions, but I've no idea if they archive any of the chat channels or /tells.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Default Re: /tells .... a question.

As he said, the only time it would ever come up is if someone was making a complaint against another person, likely for harrasment. And I do not belive there are any chat logs stored server side, although I do not know this for fact. It seems logical that they are not, however, because if they were they would not ask you to include logs with your support cases, as they could just take their "pure" ones.
    Lumineux Talar

Thread Information