Thread: multicrafting advantages/disadvantages?

Default multicrafting advantages/disadvantages?

hi all,
    i've discovered there's no easy way to level enchanter, and got frustrated that there's very little odd tiers (e.g., glowing) essence construction work to be done. one of the things i found helpful was making lots of glowing orbs as enchanter and switching to scholar to use them up in spellcrafting... felt like a lot less waste to me.
    what other suggestions do folks have for using skills in one school to level another? i hate the delete/pb options...
    *dreams: someday we'll have tiered trees and fountains for enchanters to play with :-) *

tainted orbs turned into normal orbs then into purified orbs
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

i won't kill wisps if i don't have to... they're defenseless! purifying tainted is cleaning up a mess you make yourself. there should be a better way; i hate having the wisp field i'm working in cleared by someone working tainted for levels instead of letting the wisps float freely to recharge.

For tier V you can transmutate to t6 and help others, but for t3 I'm not sure what else other than to get another craft school high enough to process t5 orbs and just bypass most of t3

Many people first get to high level as gatherer and as miner -- this enables them to craft the basic resources more comfortably; then they can level other crafts easier.

If you are a multi-crafter and are reconciled to the high crafter rating (giving less overall xp) there is no end to possible combinations:

for example:

craft metal bars as jeweler/blacksmith/fitter, orbs as scholar/alchemist/enchanter, then use the bars to craft tools as tinkerer/blacksmith, then the tools and orbs to make metal reaping potions as alchemist, which enables you to improve gathering metal and so on and so on...

Or

craft tannin as weaver/tailer/outfitter and loads of spools, then switch to tinkerer to craft and deconstruct sacks...

As I said, there is no end to the combinations.

As for tainted orbs, I do find it neccessary to kill wisps sometimes to get tainted orbs, for one alchemist suspension needs tainted orbs as ingredients. Purified orbs I make from normal orbs (for another suspension), not tainted ones. And yes, it is sad to kill creatures for the crafts, my heart bleeds for all the little beasties a confectioner kills for the food stuff....
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Default Experience

Quote Originally Posted by snickel

If you are a multi-crafter and are reconciled to the high crafter rating (giving less overall xp) there is no end to possible combinations:
    Crafter rating means nothing. Experience is determined by your Base skill.
    ~Robins (Dark Defenders)

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(100)Crossbowman/(66)Healer/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(98)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(71)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(80)Armorer/(86)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (68)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Robins
    Thank you, Robins.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by Robins
    I agree with Robins... Crafting xp is only supposed to be based off your base skill...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I've seen people post indicating that you get more exp if you take off any gear that provides extra skill beyond 100% efficient. That seems to imply that exp isn't solely based on base skill ... That may just be for applying construction items however.

That bug involving construction experience was fixxed a few months back.
    ~Robins (Dark Defenders)

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(100)Crossbowman/(66)Healer/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(98)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(71)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(80)Armorer/(86)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (68)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

Thread Information