Thread: Giant Serpents

Default Giant Serpents

You know how Adults can transform to Khutit? Ancients need a seperate form too, and I have been thinking they should be able to transform into giant serpents way before Ancients even came out.

For example, they would loose the legs, the wings would shrink.. or maybe both the legs and wings shrink, and the head changes only slightly, sort of like a Knucker;what do you think?

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

N'allii

Default Re: Giant Serpents

What, you mean a wyrm? [legless dragon]. Could be an alternate form....but also should be a seperate class or somesuch. My 2cents ;)

They have said they already have a plan for a enhanced khutit form. No word on what they mean by enhanced yet.

To quote that always-reliable source of wisdom, 'The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord':
    34. I will not turn into a snake. It never helps.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

well they clarified to say that it would merely be khuit without the disadvantages. Any new model for a new form and all that crapola would take a lot of time and resources.

Draxxis

Enhanced Khutit would make more sense than a whole new form. I'm imagining a winged khutit!

I guess just an "enhanced" form of khutit would make sense.. but I still think the whole giant serpent thing is a pretty cool idea =P But who amI kidding, it will probably take a whole freaking year or longer just to put this new khutit ingame.

100/100/90

A long time ago, back when hoard still leaked like a faucet that dripped twice as much every time you tried to fix it but refused to call a plumber because you didn't have enough silver - I've gotten off track. Let me start over.

*ahem*

A long time ago, I was very active in suggesting possible progressions for dragons. Being a dragon lover and, having followed Horizons from is pre-alpha infancy, I felt as if I had some strange sort of share in the game, a sharethat I've never experienced with any other MMO in the market today and possibly into the future. I wrote ten page dissertations on the state of dragons in the game and sent them to the suggestions department of Artifact. I like to believe they were appreciative, but in retrospect perhaps some of my suggestions were toolarge to be handledby the ever-shrinking staff that unfortunately befell this game.

I was very concerned with how they would progress dragons as a school, particularly once they hit that 100 level mark. At the time, dragons were far less adaptable and deadly than they are now, and while there are still some problems with dragons in their current state, in my humble opinion, a lot of the issues I looked at have been addressed and I am appreciative for them.

One of the last of my essays I sent in for review was entitled "Dragons and the issue of Equality." In short it was something of an informal treatise that dealt with the scaling of power between the bipeds and the dragons. At the time there was no Gold Rage or Silver Strike and adults had just first taken wing. Bipeds still had an incredible advantage over us in their ability to multiclass; some would argue that they still do. But dragons as they are now have become unique fixtures within the landscape of Horizons, which admittedly was not the way I had hoped things would go.

Now you're probably wondering, what does this have to do with giant serpents?

Included in the treatise were possible solutions to the problems of biped schools overpowering dragons. One of my favorite solutions that I suggested was the idea of forms. I wanted to maintain a feeling of uniqueness and so I didn't want to use schools to do it. I thought that perhaps one of the best ways of advancing a character would be quests as long and as epic (so it seemed to me) as the first Rite of Passage, which would then unlock one of many different possible forms, depending on the completed quest. These new forms would require additional quests that would allow attacks only available in those special forms. And of course, some of the attacks that dragons had in their natural form would no longer be usable.

As I said before, in retrospect perhaps it was a bit much to ask of the company, though I did foresee that to be an issue. Many of my suggestions were sent in with the expressed purpose of them being changed for the long run. As we look to the future with lairs and a concept of alternate advancement, I can't help but wonder if somewhere, somehow my suggestions are being heard. Even now, I still feel as if I have a share in this game.

So I suppose my opinion is, yes. A new form for khutit ancients would be 'kewl'.

And also, I suppose, keep waiting. Dragons are the kind that watch a millennia come and pass. To them, perhaps, changes are simply a matter of time. And they have all the time in the world.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

I so hate the whole idea ofmaking it easier fordragons and bipeds to group by turning dragons into bipeds. I don't want a bunch of alternate forms. I'm happy with dragon form. I DEFINATELY don't want a biped form.

Isjust too much effort to have a shrink spell or ability?

or simply give the khutit wings like Solitaire has it in the sig, looks awesome [:)]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Oooo Enhanced Khutit form! How abuot Khutit with wings!!! Yeah!! Then we can still fly and fit in building!!

Woo! [^o)]

[li]

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

A flying khutit? That would look kinda silly.. I still like the idea of large serpents *nods*

If that means it takes longer for this "advanced khutit" to come out because of making a new model, so be it. But having a khutit with just things like not having the losses such as breath weapon, power etc, seems way to mundane for an ancient. They are impressive ( or should be more impressive.. ) and should be able to change into something impressive aswell, something unique.

100/100/90

Quote Originally Posted by Dremora
    A flying khutit? That would look kinda silly.. I still like the idea of large serpents *nods*

If that means it takes longer for this "advanced khutit" to come out because of making a new model, so be it. But having a khutit with just things like not having the losses such as breath weapon, power etc, seems way to mundane for an ancient. They are impressive ( or should be more impressive.. ) and should be able to change into something impressive aswell, something unique.
    From Dragon to Wyvern? No thanks.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

From dragon to biped? No thanks. =)

100/100/90

Quote Originally Posted by Dremora
    From dragon to biped? No thanks. =)
    However, we have to make the distinction between humanoid biped and bipedal dragon.
    The last thing we want is a humanoid dragon which is nothing more than a human with scale and a tail sticked on it.

I think a bipedal dragon, preserving all of dragon trait so that they aren't plain Sslik, would do (wing, digitigrade, sinous body not having the human morphology, aka flat shoulder and buttcheck).

A bipedal (not biped) dragon like that would be cool.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Aah, I understand now. =P

100/100/90

Thread Information