Thread: Att: Manga - problems with RoP and the Hermit (tapered sapphire quest/Hermit's Riddles)

Inglorion - Earth

Default Att: Manga - problems with RoP and the Hermit (tapered sapphire quest/Hermit's Riddles)

As requested, I am now posting the text of the ticket I have submitted on this topic here for you to read:

Posted - Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 08:17 PM Seems that the Helian RoP quest has problems again. I took a high level friend with me to fight the Crystalized Golem (as suggested by the Hermit dragon giving the quest). I went to the lava pool and the Crystalized Golem spawned, we fought it (I even held the agro most of the time), but when we killed it, the quest simply didn't update...the kill was made within the time limit, so it should have counted on the quest, but it didn't. I am supplying a screen shot with the message that the Crystalized Golem was in fact killed.A File has been uploaded by the user. Please advise on what to do about this problem as I have now killed it twice without it counting on my quest.A File has been uploaded by the user. http://support.eu.istaria.com/upload...97689734%2Epng

Posted - Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 12:22 AM Am a lvl 45 dragon adventurer/41 dragon crafter with slightly less than 300k hoard on the Earth Shard - name of character: Inglorion Istari

Posted - Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 01:08 PM I believe there may be a problem with the script controlling the hermit dragon. I have now tried to kill the Crystalized Golem 5 times with various friends. I have made sure that none of them had the token of esteem as that according to others has been a problem before with this quest.

As a sidenote, I am enclosing a screenshot showing that I am getting the quest to get the tapered sapphire from the hermit. Instead of going into my list of active quests, it jumps straight to my list of completed quests...without handing me the tapered sapphire. I have tried to get it both with the items that he's going to ask for and without them - it remains the same...as you can see on the screenshot, it shows as completed 5 times.A File has been uploaded by the user. http://support.eu.istaria.com/upload...97957252%2Epng
    I simply copy/pasted it from my ticket...though I deleted my real life name from the form. Feel free to ask for additional info if needed. I have yet to recieve any response to this ticket though.

Default Re: Att: Manga - problems with RoP and the Hermit (tapered sapphire quest/Hermit's Riddles)

Follow the instructions here, seems a developer maycorrect this case by case for those that have done such tasks. Likely, per me reading the below again, need to do the quest (again) after the fix is pushed live.

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5095

Others should wait until the bug is resolved.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Default Re: Att: Manga - problems with RoP and the Hermit (tapered sapphire quest/Hermit's Riddles)

We have found another bug with this and it is being included in the next delta. So look for the fix to patch to Blight probably early next week.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information