Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who uses the old ancient model?

Default Re: Who uses the old ancient model?

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    Old model, Old cast animation. Same with my wife, and most in my guild. The ones that don't have it have asked for it, so this morning I put a link in our guild forum that points to the thread here. The majority of my guild are Bi-Peds, and my wife is a Dryad.
    Is there any way you can give us non-guildies a pointer to the link too please?

Entropy isn't what it used to be...

i use the old model and casting animation without the playermade patches

Rorix

dont use any of the old stuff, i think the updated ancient model looks better than the old (and really deformed) one, same with the casting animation, the base idea is better but i look like my neck is broken when casting...

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaros
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Theolaerynn wrote:Old model, Old cast animation. Same with my wife, and most in my guild. The ones that don't have it have asked for it, so this morning I put a link in our guild forum that points to the thread here. The majority of my guild are Bi-Peds, and my wife is a Dryad.

Is there any way you can give us non-guildies a pointer to the link too please?
    Sure thing! The Old model and instructions can be found in this thread [:D]

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thank you Theolaerynn!
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

I do not use it, simply because I do not want to have an illusion that only I can see.

However, I must add that I am actualy getting used to the new one. Furthermore, I have never had a problem identifying an ancient dragon, nor has anyone mistakenly thought I was an adult dragon, and Lumineux is only a litle over half-size. That said though, I would still prefer the old model.
    Lumineux Talar

I use the old one.

As far as new one looking better. It varies depending on the head your dragon has. Also, you often have to wait a short time when standing near a dragon for the actual head they use to load. At first it will be a plain blocky, default dragon body and head. Give it a minute and it changes. For a simple demo f this effect, goto the council of ancients where each dragon has a different head. At first they alllook the same, then it changes.

Some of the new heads do not fit right on the old models, others look great.

Thats why someone asked about the mesh's being corrected. Tulga/Frid said he was working on getting the glitches that a few of the "new" (by new, they mean old heads from before launch that never got put in by original team, and they finally found and added in) heads had with the ancient body. Both old and new slightly smaller one ancient body didnt correctly fit a few of the heads.

Also, if you have the old models installed and you transform to ancient, you really have to relog to see for sure what you will look like using that model. The transform uses a weird blocky full of hole model. Relog it goes away and looks alot better, even using the old models.

I could deal with the size nerf thing if they gave us some other way to instantly tell adults and ancients apart. I heard one idea about give us something like more horns or spines or ridges on our faces, people should have the option to choose of course.

Can anyone else think of a good way to make changes to the model? (and yes I know it takes a lot of work on the devs part ;) )
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

bump

I still don't understand what the problem is with the Old models, especially given the problems with the new ones. Could it really have been worth all of this?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

I also use the old model , and wish that the devs would put it back in game and make the minority that scream bloody murder to the devs to shrink us that they should use a patcher that shrinks us rather than having the majority use a patcher that makes us big again.

Thread Information