Thread: Finding critters

Default Finding critters

I have seen a few lists of named mobs such as http://personal.inet.fi/private/home/mobs.htmland the GamersInfo site has a pretty good listing of mobs with their levels and such but what I am having a hard time finding is a resource telling me where to go to find just general mobs. For example, Winter Wolves. I need to hunt them for a quest but other then asking someone in game, which I can and have done, I can't seem to find anything to point me to them. I don't mind asking in game but it would just be nice to get the information with having to bug other players. :)

Does such a thing exist?
    Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Default Re: Finding critters

Pekka's Map Pak (over here) has very good info on where to find what. It looks like it is no longer updated, so certain areas - mostly Lesser Aradoth - are little bit out of date. It should still serve you well most of the time though. Note that patching process tends to delete the map pak - look into Player Customization -> Maps for a thread where it was explained how to prevent this.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thanks Varangaard for the response.

I do use Pekkas maps but I still have the problem of having to search each map to find things. Especially if it's something I've not heard of yet. Like the Winter Wolves example. I've only been playing Horizons for a couple of months so I haven't learned my way around a whole lot yet. I found a great guild in Faith but I feel like I ask too many questions already. :)

Maybe I'm just being too lazy. :)

I got spoiled by all the info onAllakhazam's playing EQ and SWG I guess.

Hopefully the GamersInfo HZ site will have this info eventually since that seems like the most logical place for it.

Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Very often the person who gives you the quest also gives a general hint as to the area where the critters roam. Its easy to overlook...[;)]
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Winter wolves...
    Abandoned Island Mountain
    Scorpion Island Mountain
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information