I've been doing some reading here and there about Horizons and the 14 day free trial. Do I understand correctly that you can download the game for free? If I choose to continue playing the game after 14 days, do I have to buy the game or do I just pay the monthly fee?

My MMORPG background is that I've played EQ, EQ2, EQOA, SWG, and CoH. I'm even beta testing CoV. Out of all of these games, they have all been dissappointing in one form or fashion. Most of it is because of SOE. Everquest used to be a wonderful game, but SOE has changed it so much that it is no longer the same. EQ2 and SWG have recently undergone combat "upgrades", which has totally changed what the game was. EQOA is for the PS2, so you really can't change that much. It's the only thing left that resembles what Everquest used to be like. And then there's CoH, which is a great game but just gets boring after awhile. It has a great company behind it. And CoV is no different than CoH, unfortunately. I haven't been impressed.

So here I am taking a look at Horizons. I've heard about it for over 2 years, and I've heard about it's problems. But I also know that things have gotten better, and I read that your RP server has a fantastic community. I love roleplaying, which is unfortunately missing from EQ.now. I have thought about WoW, but honestly I'm not sure if I'll have fun or just get bored with it. I thought about DAoC too. Between these games, Horizons is the only one that seems to interest me more at least until "Vanguard" comes out.

But back on the topic of my post... [:D]

I'm just wondering if I need to buy the game, or if it's free with the 14 day trial. Thanks so much for your replies. I'm looking forward to joining your community. I hear it is one of the best.