Thread: Dragon quests are broke! HELP!

Fyreclaw

Default Dragon quests are broke! HELP!

I'm a 29 adventurer dragon, without spiked scales. I go to Rykhar and ask him about it. He sends me to Kion to talk to Gerix. Gerix however, won't give me any dragon quests because I'm too high level for him now.

So what am I supposed to do, NEVER get spiked scales because I didn't do it at level 10?

HELP!!!

Default Re: Dragon quests are broke! HELP!

This is fixed on blight. http://community.istaria.com/default.aspx?pg=onblight

Should go to live soon.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

That's good to know, there's a dragoness on Unity waiting to undergo ARoP but can't start because she hasn't done the Spiked Scales line of quests - don't ask me why she never started at the beginning.

At least the identity of the problem has been revealed...

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Lffayen

Hehehe, i never started the scale hardener quests and i'm a level 73 now *giggles* didn't even know they existed til about a month ago lol... so yay, i'm glad it'll maybe work soon :P.

Don't worry, you're not alone. At 90 here I'm waiting for the Breath Accuracy and Drain Strike quests to be fixed. I'm hoping on the next patch.
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

ColdDragon

I'm a noob so I'm hoping this is just my stupidity. I had a level 10 dragon and went to the training schools in Dralk. The trainers said I didn't have enough exp. I was told that at level 10 you can train with them. I finished all the tutorial quest so that isn't the problem. I tried talking to Gerix in Kion. When I talked to Gerix a link is in the chat window that says "heed my words". Unfortunately the link doesn't work so I can't get a quest from him. I tried messing around with the options, logging in and out, restarting my comp, gaining a level and using the gates between Kion and Dralk. I still can't do the quests in Dralk and the link in Gerix's chat is still broken.

apparently doing the level 10 quest from the regular d.adv trainer in dralk or chiconis makes gerix more talkative.

i still say gerix was a COMPLETE waste of effort. much easier to just have the trainers in new trismus tell you about the trainers in dralk and chiconis, or if you're going to insist hatchlings start the quests for those abilities with a dragon other than the trainers for those abilities, make the adv trainer in trismus the one.. not some new unnecessary NPC in kion just because of the trophy hunter there.. (i'm guessing that's why they chose kion)

Whilst I applaud the idea of having a prominent dragon in a T1 area to direct new players towards quests that they would otherwise likely not know about unless they speak to some one in game,it seems that it would be easier to just have Gerix inform the players of the quests rather than actually start them.

Or have a seperate quest given out by Gerix "find the dragon trainers", wherein the hatchie has to run around and find all the trainers in dralk and chico.

This would serve the same purpose IMO and get around the issues that a lot of people seem to be having with broken quests via Gerix.

As stated previously, this is corrected on blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Fyreclaw

No, actually what he's saying has not been addressed at all. He's suggesting that the method by which new dragon characters are introduced to the quests be changed. I'm not particularly fond of running around identifying all the trainers, but I like thepart about having Gerix.

How about this:

Hatchie: Hi Gerix!

Gerix: Hello hatchie! You seem to be faring well, though there is always room for improvement is there not? Haha! I see you agree! So what would you like to learn about Hmm? Perhaps the art of wielding fire breath? Or sharpening your skill with tooth and claw? Or maybe you'd like to learn about attacking from afar?

Hatchie: (selects one option)

Gerix: Ahh marvelous, young hatchling! To learn about <ability X> seek the Dragon <Dragon X> in the city of Dralk/Chiconis. There <Dragon X> will teach you the ways of <ability X>.

I think that would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx
    Whilst I applaud the idea of having a prominent dragon in a T1 area to direct new players towards quests that they would otherwise likely not know about unless they speak to some one in game, it seems that it would be easier to just have Gerix inform the players of the quests rather than actually start them.

Or have a seperate quest given out by Gerix "find the dragon trainers", wherein the hatchling has to run around and find all the trainers in dralk and chico.
    i like this idea!

*sigh* ..
    but likely they'll leave it as it is now that it's fixed.. :/

Thread Information