Thread: Post Beta testing Race choice option

Default Post Beta testing Race choice option

What you guys all refer to as beta testing period was actually alfa testing lol. What we are playing now is actually the beta testing. One day when they figure out what sounds good for racial abilities, racial quest gifts, more than 2 class quests,etc they will allow us a one time choice of race change. I dont see how its fair to lock us into an inferior race with the only other option available is to start all over...
    It is commonly understood the only two biped races with decent racials are Sslik and Dwarf. Maybe they will give Dryads flight. We have all certainly agreed they should have it to one extent or another.
    Myself, I look at Sslik and say "Oooo Yaaaa" when I think about not having to worry about healing during an initial pull, or when to have the extra heals while Im already healing damage as a tank or taking a couple big multistrikes than I cant normally outheal very well, or on a warrior classwithless heals...But, then I say hmmm, look at Dwarven Toughness with that 30 seconds of invulnerability (as I understand it) and I think wow... now my efficiency is only limited by how many mobs I can kill in 30 seconds concentrating soley on damage output (or in 60 seconds as a zerker) and I say omg... that sounds even better!
    And then I think hmmm, I cant wait til they fix Half Giant Daze... I wonder how many mobs it will obliterate... maybe it will be an ultra powerful version of wrack... or something like a super whirlwind... or maybe it willbea group stun attack which sounds somewhat likely with the name Giant Daze, butsomething on a par with Regen and Toughness. Then they say well here you go, its an AoE attack that always hits that comes with a weak debuff... well, thats all well and good, but where the hell is the super damage? THIS is half giants big power? Wtf???? It's not freaking April so whats up with theApril Fools joke? HAHA you fooled me! I thought I was gonna be tough for a minute! That's a good one!
    Well, since I dont ever expect to see the racials equaled out, I think that once beta testing is finished and they decide what they are going to do with racials, that us bipeds get a one time change of race so that we can all be satisfied with where racials ended up. I say do whatever they are gonna do and just get it done, but dont satisfy us, let us satisfy ourselves and pick.

Default Re: Post Beta testing Race choice option

I'm not in favor of this only because it would not be good for the roleplay shard (race change is a big deal), and moreover allowing it would turn half the shard into dwarves, if not 3/4. [:D]

Almost a rant.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Yep almost lol. Ihad to provide an exampleas justification of the suggestion. I am hoping to see either:
    1) enough support for it that they decide its good.
    or
    2) that they focus on good racials that are all up to par to avoid its necessity.

I don't want an advantage over any other players unless its a long term goal I can set and then work for like taking a ton of different classes over the next couple years to get it. On the same note, I do want a competitive racial.
    Starting over from scratch will suck horribly, but whats the point of not doing it if you are going to spend years multiclassing for an edge anyways?

Racial abilities are on the backburner, but I really don't see players ever getting a chance to change race.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Me either, honestly. So I guess tomorrow I start all over. Not gonna spend the rest of my days trying to race a horse with a gimp leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Me either, honestly. So I guess tomorrow I start all over. Not gonna spend the rest of my days trying to race a horse with a gimp leg.
    You are of course free to start over, however I will say this:

I am of the rare species known as humans in istaria. our racials are totally awful, and helps about .0003% in a battle.

has it effected my game play? maybe some. has it effected my advancement? not one bit. I became a sucessful adv and crafter without the aid of a cool or potentially lifesaving ability. and this was back when the human ability was even worse, as if it were possible. over the grand scheme of things, the abilities really matter very little.

have pride in the fact that you are successful without needing it as a crutch!
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Yeah humans racial blows too.Almost all of them docomparitively to regen and toughness. You have a good point that is of some conscilation. I still think it warrantshaving a description onthe other races that say "these races must flourish in spite of theirpoor racial ability."

I dunno, I think the Saris racial is cool... an Extra, Longer Sprint? Heck yeah....

It can save lives, but think of all of the travel time it would save you! *grins* Being able to sprint twice, and longer on the 2nd sprint than any other race in the game, you can go places faster than anyone else.

This helps you anywhere, battle or no. If you ask me, this has to be the "godly biped ability" right here. Too many people think Battle Battle Battle Battle, but yet they forget than an MMORPG is not 100% battle.... there's crafting, questing, and just plain travelling. Not counting Adult Dragons, nobody travels faster than a Saris...

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65

Slightly offtopic, but David just posted the stats for which species were the most common, and after dragons it is humans at 11%. Surprising isn't it? I would have though Elves and Saris would be the most common.
    That's simply because we look better[:P]

About dwarfen toughness, I asked a dwarf,and it seem to belike Berserkers Ingnore Pain, for 30sec you will not take dmg from attacks (melee or ranged) - if you run into some Wraith Groups the casters will blow you away within seconds (at least for Ignore Pain I've proven it).

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    Yup Dwarven toughness only works against physical damage. It is incredibly useful against things like wolves (which go in packs), but against casters it does nothing at all.
    great against all wolves, golems, vexators, spiders, kwellen, ogres, beetles, and a lot of those Aegis mobs too [H]
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Well , im notgonna say i disagree completely with the general consensus here, but I will say that I happen to love Fiendish Channeling and I wouldnt change classes if given the opportunity. As much as I want more (its natural and all that good stuff .. im not in denial at least), I have to admit that I think we (Fiends) have a good ability. I also think the Cats sprint and some of the others are decent as well. If an upgrade for the abilities were introduced I would be absolutely .. well dumbfounded at first, then id be amazed that we got ... nm *cough* just realized the time .. .. .
    Peace Out [;)]

[quote=tjl]

lol killer Avatar ... killah ..

*cough* .... mt [:#]

Thread Information