Thread: Application error

Aevarine

Default Application error

I spent ages downloading, installing and patching and everything went fine, until I went to start it up and I got the dreaded 'Application failed to initialize' error.
    I don't have service pack 2 so it's not the Data Execution Prevention thingy as far as I know(I read the other threads but I don't have that option in my Performance settings).
    I also don't have any firewalls or Antiviruses running(none running while I was downloading and installing either so it can't be that).

Can anyone help? I can't try a reinstall as I deleted the downloaded installation file to save space, it also takes hours and hours to install and update[:(]

Aevarine

Default Re: Application error

Hmm, The reboot seems to have done the trick. Odd.

Although now it dumps me to my desktop as soon as the world loads(char creation etc worked fine, then it loads the terrain etc, goes to the world, and wham, i'm on my desktop). Meh, not my day.

alastar devil_chaos

Default Re: Application error

not sure if this is what you were getting, but for me its silentpatcher.exe. app failed to initialize properly, have been playing for 6 months now with no problems w/ sp 2 ugh not sure . just came up today, my day off.

Thread Information