Thread: What's best for a Dryad?

Zwack

Default What's best for a Dryad?

I am fairly new to Horizons. I have a Dryad (right now just a lvl 17 Mage) and I am wondering what classes other Dryads have found enjoyable.

I was thinking of the conjurer school, but after reading the few posts there about how bad that was I am begining to have second thoughts.

So.... what do all of you like?

Default Re: What's best for a Dryad?

Well, being a very magical race all the spellcasting type classes tend to be
    good for a dryad. So being me I made mine a Berserker :-) Didn't really
    care for it after I was there though so I have dropped back to Warrior.
    I can almost use my Blade of Rending. That will look cool...

If I started another dryad I think I would go with Scout and perhaps
    continue into Ranger. Druid also looks like it would be cool for a dryad.

Kafka

Just about any class is good when being a dryad. Later on the Dryad Dazzle will save your ****** many times, whether or not you're a melee or casting class. And just about any class can benifit from the increase in power (perhaps not the pure melee/ranged classes like, zerk, warrior, scout, Elarand monk. Its not grand, but its still rather useful, but honestly who cares?

IMHO you should choose the race you like the best and the class u like more than the rest, and just dont care whether or not this will make you the strongest toon about.

Menedaus

Also important to note, is the limited amount the dryad power increase really is. At 104% base power, that means for every 100 points of base power you have, you'd have another 4 power. So a level 100 mage would have 1040 base power instead of 1000 provided no training points were used on power. I'm not saying the power increase sucks, it's definately better than many of the other race's passive bonuses, however it doesn't automatically mean a dryad is predestined to use mage magics. The real power is in their activatable ability, which as others have stated, is helpful to any class.

Whichever class you'll have the most fun with is the best one to play.

I play a Dryad Duid, which I love because of the Cloak of Thorns ability. But it's really a personal preference, which is up to the players own tastes.

Jazmyn

Kafka

Quote Originally Posted by Zwack
    I am fairly new to Horizons. I have a Dryad (right now just a lvl 17 Mage) and I am wondering what classes other Dryads have found enjoyable.

I was thinking of the conjurer school, but after reading the few posts there about how bad that was I am begining to have second thoughts.

So.... what do all of you like?
    First of. Dont listen to all the badthings being said about conjurers. Its a cool class, much appreciated in groups and truly a magnificient damagedealer as it gets multicast earlier than a mage, and not that many mobs are resistant to ice, but thats beside the point.

I have tried quite alot of schools already. Being 100 in Wizard, Sorcerer and Conjurer, I've found that all these classes are fun. I did like Sorcerer the most, as the area spellbind ability is as cool as it gets. I simply loved gathering multitudes of mobs, herding them together, and then kept them continuosly mezzed while I picked one of at a time.

Wizard and Conjurers are different playstyles but can be devasting when played right, but they both excel as backupclasses.

As Im also Chaoswarrior, but only really beginning to grasp the finer points of being a meleechar (mostly for fun atm), I must admit that having more than 1k+ in armor is wonderful. Compared to my padded silk armor (Hoarding trophies, techsand forms for the padded ironsilk, so I wont need to make one twice), I can barely notice the pain taken. Im kidding about this, but the extra armor was something that was missing on my toon. [:P]

But the thing is that all classes are fun and finding one that fits you just right is all thats important.

Dryad Dazzle really helps any class, and a dryad can be any class - it is just personal preference.

I think the first ever level 100 Dryad was a Berzerker :p
    Crafter 190 Adventurer 149 Dryad - Order

Chronozon

I think the 3 best schools for a dryad are scholar, making spells, mage, casting spells, and cleric, being able to heal people and yourself.

Basically all magic related classes are good

Naisha

Quote Originally Posted by Joolara

I think the first ever level 100 Dryad was a Berzerker [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Wrong on that part actually. The first 100 dryad was me as a 100 guardian

Fiko

I've mastered conjurer, wizard, sorcerer, monk, mage, flame disciple, and ice disciple. In that order. I'm currently training druid and spiritist and seriously considering spirit and storm disciples.

It's true what people are saying, the class you have the most fun playing is the best class. Some schools will seem easier than others but it has more to do with your play style than any racial abilities. Give two people the same exact race with the same exact schools and I guarantee they won't use the same abilities in the same way. Pick a school you find interesting, if you decide you don't like it you can change, or even forget the school entirely. Finding your true calling takes time and effort.

Our passive ability isn'tThat much of an advantage to say magic casting schools are better than others for us. On the other hand our Dryad Dazzle really shines when you combine it with10 evasion per level, full evasion training, evasive style IV, and Forest Mist. Untouchable except by acts of the gods. Disciple schools and hybrid caster types seem to fit our racial abilities well, but that does not mean they are the "best" for dryads to play.

Fiko
    Someday I will be a powerful witch.

Thread Information