Thread: More lair position suggestions.

Default More lair position suggestions.

I know we had one of these a while ago, but I think we should start a new one here now that we have seen a lot of the positions, before it is too late and the auctions go live.

Here are the things I would like to see.

-More solitary lairs. Most of the lairs I have seen are nearby to roads or are overlooking comunity plots. Is there a dificulty in making lairs not near to a comunity? And roads really do not matter to dragons, so I dont think you should be too concerned with them.

-More lairs in the tier 5/6 area. Yes, I am aware that there are not a whole lot of biped plots in these areas either, but I have seen very few dragon lairs near the main marble and mithril fields.

-Lairs up around the mage tower area, please? I know it is remote and resourceless, but it is a very beautifull area, and there are plenty of clifs and such in which lairs can be placed.

-Lairs near Feldan, in the forest. This is another wonderfull area.

Thank you, and I hope you can impliment these.
    Lumineux Talar

Default Re: More lair position suggestions.

I second the Feledan lairs. I agree, it is very beautiful. I would like to suggest lairs in further, out of reach area's as well. There are a lot of beautiful area's that don't have too much..but would be awsome to have a lair at nonetheless!
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Actually I support this suggestion but will go one further..

I think there needs to be more lairs EVERYWHERE! IN and OUT of the Communities. ESPECIALLY the Dragon ones.

Bipeds literally get dozens if not hundreds of choices outside major cities (*cough*Aug*cough). Dozens, if not hundreds, of choices all around many tiered resources.

Dragons have right now - what...three or four around Chiconis? To me this isn't really a fair divided/comparison allowing us more freedom of choice. As a biped I could (at the time of an auction) go almost anywhere and find a plot and have at least a chance of winning it, since there were dozens of other plots around the same area.

But as I dragon, if I'm not one of the lucky 8 to get one outside a major dragon city..?? 8 compared to a few dozen odds??

So sorry, but I just think there needs to be more options PERIOD, EVERYWHERE!! Not just one or two here and there but yea...more than 10 :).

Agreed completly Frith.
    Lumineux Talar

I think I recall hearing david say something that because lairs are plots, they need to be part of a community, so solitary lairs are pretty much a no go.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Thats what I was wondering about Nisse. Am I to take it then, that a group of single lairs cannot be clustered into a "comunity" in name only, even though they are widly seperated? I suppose the comunity planner wouldnt really work, and I guess it is understandable that they cannot make a comunity for every single lair. That brings about a fairly unfortunate situation.
    Lumineux Talar

Loacalea

I think there should be a Lair near Travertine.
    Not much right above bove it but veryclose by.

Their were Lairs placed in DRalk just never posted cord of where they are. Also thier are hermit lairs. Just not many. I so wone north and east of Chiconis. I took the Map file some one mad from DB's Cord he first posted about lairs and added it so I have little lair markers all over the place. and thier are some that are away from others.

I'd have to say that Guild Community lairs needs to be added.

Several of our dragons are now worried that they are going to be forced away from the community they care about and helped build to get a lair at all. I'm sure our guild's dragons aren't the only ones that feel that way.

I wondered if part of the problem was the nearness of the sea, but I've noticed that the plots in downtown Dalimond have a lair right beside them and Elmnic, which shows on the in-game map as being below sea level, has lairs that open at ground level.

With that information I spent several hours this morning running around guild areas eyeballing the terrain. And except for the community of North Saritova and the two islands east of Wisp Isle, all the guild communities have at least a large hill, lots have mountains & cliffs. If a hill was raised in North Saritova and a craggy sea mount that would hold a few lairs next to those two islands east of Wisp Isle rose up out of the sea, then they too could have lairs with their communities.

I know this request is a tad late, but we didn't think the Developers would forget the Guild communities,as it now looks like they have.

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight in Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

"Lair Entrances to come:
    North of Trandalar's Rift
    Shepherd's Mountain
    Saritova Island

*Some existing guild communities do not have room for Lairs due to the low watertable and small islands. We will be exploring ways to add Lairs to these locations, but I do not want to hold off the auctions beyond the end of the current testing phase for these additions.

David Bowman"

From his post here: http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=100505

~Robins

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(89)Crossbowman/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(84)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(46)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(75)Armorer/(71)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (42)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

and to add to my above quoted post.

We are now testing our new water tools so that I can try placing some new Lairs in the guild communities. I will update you once I know how that turns out.

David
    David Bowman

Thanks David for working on this!! [Y]

And thank you Robins for the link. [:)]

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight in Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux
    Thats what I was wondering about Nisse. Am I to take it then, that a group of single lairs cannot be clustered into a "comunity" in name only, even though they are widly seperated? I suppose the comunity planner wouldnt really work, and I guess it is understandable that they cannot make a comunity for every single lair. That brings about a fairly unfortunate situation.
    but see...here's how I would see that..

Ok, so say technically a lair has to have a "community" somewhere to belong to.

Well you can still place a "Hermit" type lair out somewhere, technically "far away" as the dragon flies (over the backside of a nearby Mountain say) (and further as the biped runs) but it could still be technically part of the already estalished "communities" in the area.

But if someone opened upt he "community" survey, there would be all those clustered biped plots, and then waaayyy off in a corner at the far edge of the screen, that single lair.

See what I'm saying?

It would be an isolated lair, but could technically "feedback" as part of some community.

I mean with all the plethora (practically seemingly built on top of each other) biped communities to the south, it doesn't seem far fetched *to me* anyway that in between those areas, esp. in those mountainous areas, that you place half a dozen lairs or more between towns that wouldn't even be in SIGHT of each other (so seem like they are isolated), and bam - you got individual isolated lairs.

Go up North, you can place a dozen or two dozen among the Mountains of Tandalyr, call it a single "lair" community - but the community itself could be stretched over a great huge area, so that each lair seems "Isolated" from the others.

So that visual and play wise - you seem to have a lair off by yourself. But game mechanic wise, and for viewing purposes, its actually part of a far flung community.

At least, that makes sense to me anyway - not sure how that works with the game :).

But either way, we've GOT Dragon Cities - with all of Three lairs. (yes, Chiconis right now, on its plot survey, has three lairs listed live...I hope there are more coming as I can think of a ton of open areas that could be counted as 'chiconis' as far as Feledan and in a circle all around - dozens and dozens of lair options).

Somehow that just doesn't seem right when looking at the numbers, and the biped comparisons with their options.

And yea, what is the word on Guild Lair Communities - last I heard they were happening, but have yet to see any word about them being placed on Genesis.

There's a link to lair map on General, for convenience I'll put it down here too: http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/atlas...view=lairs.jpg. Looks like a good sprinkling of lairs around Dralk and Chiconis for the faction-aware scalehides.[:D]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Some Lairs out around the Floating Island would be great, I know there's a community out there already, although i can't remember its name.

Also it'd require a new community, some lairs in the cliffs overlooking tazoon would be great.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Thread Information