Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lair Sizes w/Locations

Telpeloci

Default Re: Lair Sizes w/Locations

Same here...haven't seen any lair with actual numbers listed for the size at all yet. [:(]

Telpeloci

Was just thinking about it...I wonder if this is related to the problem where I can't use any relatively new vid card drivers if I want to see any text?

Has nothing to do with it, David's said more than once, iirc, that the price there is only a place holder for when lair prices are really set.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Telpeloci

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse
    Has nothing to do with it, David's said more than once, iirc, that the price there is only a place holder for when lair prices are really set.
    Talking about the size, not the price...can see the price just fine, but apparently some can see the size. I cannot. *shrug*

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Most dragons want a frosty lair, is that so? Odd... the dragons I talked to so far on Unity are mostly uninterested in having one in that terrain, I seemed to be one of only a few.

But after I looked at the available tundra lairs I just get a 'meh' impression, their locations are pretty disappointing. Not only are most of them small but the scenery in front of them are featureless... flat and snow, snow, snow... bah. I was hoping for one with ice crystals nearby, ideally ice pools. There is one on Drakul that comes very close to my fancies; a beautiful frozen waterfall but where is the actual lair placed? Below the thing that's where, so I can't see nada of it unless I fly out and right up.

Frostwatch comes even closer, except that it's on the ground level and of course has the village of Frostwatch in its view too - which mostly consists of unfinished silos. Ugh...

Quite like the one at Scorpian Island situated in the dried-out lake come to think of it, just something about those wisps floating around the entrance...

I have my eyes on that Serenity plot... now if there were an 'ice' version of that plot I'd be utterly thrilled. :)

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Telpeloci

Noticed last night that I can see plot sizes now...or all of the ones I looked at anyway. Though not depth for some reason, only the x and y dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Telpeloci
    Noticed last night that I can see plot sizes now...or all of the ones I looked at anyway. Though not depth for some reason, only the x and y dimensions.
    You're not really missing anything since as has been said, all of the lairs are set at '240' presently.

Vignar

Not all are 240 depth right now, as the first post shows.

It is surprising thata 120x192 lair has been found.

Quote Originally Posted by [url="http://hz.stratics.com/content/community/hocs/hoc102005.php"
    HoC Chat[/url]]DavidBowman - We have not finalized the depths of the lairs, that will be done as the last step of public testing. The current lairs range in area from 72x72 meters to 96x144. The default testing depth will be between 120 and 240 meters. The mode of area is 120x120
    But I guess this quote is kind of inconsistant since the 'mode area is 120x120' but 120x120 is larger, in meters, than 96x144.

Telpeloci

Quote Originally Posted by Atolmyth
    You're not really missing anything since as has been said, all of the lairs are set at '240' presently.
    True...though it would still be nice to be able to see it now so I know I'll be able to later.

i was also very disappointed with the choices in snowy lairs.. i don't think there are any that are entirely secluded as i had hoped, i think they're all in groups of two at least. i had hoped for one near that empty building not far from talon (which of course made it a bit less than desirable, but oh well). i haven't noted the sizes of the snowy lairs, since that's a relatively recent change.

Looking at the map, I dont see any that are ENTIRELY secluded, but it looks like there are a few that are off by their own and not paired or immediately grouped with others.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

ah. thanks, denrath, i forgot that map was available. i should bookmark that. is that all of the lairs or is that only the ones from our first update from david?

Better still you could use the markers supplied here to swiftly locate the newly added lairs: http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=105606(one post up from the latest.)

thank you for posting that. i really don't get why that wasn't posted here as well as the blight forum considering the last set of coords was, but oh well.....

I honestly dont know how up to date that map is. I would have to ask Ophelia and Kipeo to see when the data was passed along to them.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

hm...
    could we get an official list of dimensions for all the various plots? or is that a lot more work than it seems like?
    it would really help me refine my search. obviously i'm going to want the largest lair i can afford. i doubt any dragon is different.

Thread Information