Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lairshaping Flowchart

Default Lairshaping Flowchart

I was playing around with the new crystals and lairshaping forms on Blight earlier this evening, but I was having a little bit of trouble visualizing just what is happening with this sytem. So I looked at the formulas and what they produced and arranged this little flowchart of what is going on. It shows the process that we will be going through to create each of the 6 final T1 processed resources that will be applied to the lair chambers. It helped me, so I decided to show it to everyone else.

Accuracy and beauty not guaranteed. Hey, I was hungry and thinking about dinner when I made this so what do you expect...? [:)]

http://home.comcast.net/~jd-chris/lairshaping_flowchart.jpg

Default Re: Lairshaping Flowchart

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    I was playing around with the new crystals and lairshaping forms on Blight earlier this evening, but I was having a little bit of trouble visualizing just what is happening with this sytem. So I looked at the formulas and what they produced and arranged this little flowchart of what is going on. It shows the process that we will be going through to create each of the 6 final T1 processed resources that will be applied to the lair chambers. It helped me, so I decided to show it to everyone else.

Accuracy and beauty not guaranteed. Hey, I was hungry and thinking about dinner when I made this so what do you expect...? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Ugh that makes it look like it will be extremely time consuming to have to do all that. I still want a lair only accessable from the air though [:D]

On Blight I was given the Laircrafting school to help test and it is a very time consuming class. I made one of every type of construction item so far and you cannot crank them out fast. There are lots of small issues still to work out with discriptions and icons/graphics but that is being addressed.

Btw, nice flowchart.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

wow and that work "only" for tier 1

this will be really a lot of work to get a lair done, sounds interesting but if i compare to a plot then i wonder myself why dragons get the black peter?

low skill progression but the most difficult work?

I think the idea is that it is because we only need to level 1 school to construct the whole thing. This is gonna be really slow though, looks like. Thanks for the chart.
    Lumineux Talar

ok thats true, we get only one building school

but to lvl it or to build things will be a real task

Isn't that what everyone has wanted? Something to do ;)
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

It is designed to not take signficantly longer than biped construction for the same functional structures, assuming optimal.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    It is designed to not take signficantly longer than biped construction for the same functional structures, assuming optimal.
    The ressource per BASIC unis? Geeze. I can understand we only have 2 shools to level, but ********, they're replacing everything with transportation.

I do hope we're going to get a special Cargo disk that can carry THREE stacks instead of only one. Otherwise, bleeh, it's going to be more annoying than anything else.

It's the carriage in between that's going to be a real pain. All other school, you craft and apply.
    Now it's craft, craft, find somewhere to stack and keep crafting.

I do hope they don't require 15 of each item per finished product, and did a total rewamp of the finished material. Otherwise, what's the point of making something like all the other crafting school, then add an excruciation extra step?
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

khan azure.. could you please do a test to try to discern percentages for skills affected by attributes?
    what was mentioned in the HOC chat wasn't very specific and rather unsatisfying to me.

Crystalshaping is already listed here: http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/skills/default.php

Lairshaping is not yet on the list yet.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

ah.. my apologies, amon. thank you.
    and thank you solitaire for the chart.

Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    On Blight I was given the Laircrafting school to help test ...
    I ahve a dragon on blight and have been fevershily awaiting the release of it on blight so I can help test it out. How do I get selected to help test it out.

FYI, I'm a gluton for punishment. I went from lvl 80-100 draogn craft off of Cobalt=obsidian, even after the t5 stuff had been out. [:D]

Quote Originally Posted by Freak
    I ahve a dragon on blight and have been fevershily awaiting the release of it on blight so I can help test it out. How do I get selected to help test it out.
    At the moment, the trainer to let you join is located next to the portal plaza in Bristugo. Think he is susposed to remain there for the weekend from what one dev said to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak

FYI, I'm a gluton for punishment. I went from lvl 80-100 draogn craft off of Cobalt=obsidian, even after the t5 stuff had been out. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    There is only one way toobtain the Laircrafting school currently and that is to ask on Blight when Illyist is around. The trainer that is currently there will not hand out the school, only sells the forms. If you really want to help with testing Lairshaping, Crystalshaping forms (as thats all that you can atm)you will have to logon in the afternoon on Monday and ask Illyist directly for the school.

So far there are no major issues with construction of any materials yet. But like I have stated before the graphics and descriptions need work, oh and the lairshaping techs cannot be applied to scales nor do they have descriptions. Lots more to do but its coming along.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

where are crystals located?

Currently, the only crystals that I know of, are in the Kion volcano. As of yet, only T1 crystals are available from what I was told. So we will have to do a bit of searching when the remaining tiers are placed on Blight. Also, bear in mind that there is a crystal working machine that is not yet on Blight I think. So the formulas are letting you use the gem cutter in the mean time. Crafting caves are getting a little crowded. Going to be one massive dragon pile in the caves when this goes live.

I wish they would go in and rebuild those caves using Dragon lair plots instead if for no other reason as so we could see what a finished one looks like. That and it would help a little bit with the beggin md rush for lairs. Spread people out a little. Som over at the stone station some at the metal stations and some at the gem stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire

Accuracy and beauty not guaranteed. Hey, I was hungry and thinking about dinner when I made this so what do you expect...? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Thanks Sol for the flowchart. Seems pretty interesting and I can't wait to start building.

I'm glad so many are being put off by the complicatedness of the lairshaping stuff. More stuff for me to do [:D]
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Thread Information