Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lairshaping scales

Default Re: Lairshaping scales

Quote Originally Posted by PJ

Er what rule? There's no rule that requires that. Bulk not change when resources are processed or items are made.

Conservation of mass doesn't apply for 2 reasons.

1.) Its bulk in Horizons, not mass. They aren't the same thing.

2.) Even if it was mass, when you process resources, some of the initial mass is discarded as waste.
    then what about:
    20*8 = 160 > 150?
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

If i follow you mean:

20 processed resources at 8 bulk each (say bars for example) is 160 total bulk
    those 20 resources make a construction unit that is 150 bulk.

Either by some reduction in mass due to discarding waste materials, or change in shape/configuration, or both the bulk is less in the final form, then in terms of the original processed resources.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Quote Originally Posted by Kepesk
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Illi wrote:Well, after finally getting the lairshaping V tech, I have used Kepesk's idea for lairshaping scales and have the two strength sets completed now.

Haha, you beat me to it! I've been working my stripey rear off for two weeks, but still haven't managed to acquire either of the techs. Good to hear the sets are working well for ya though!

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

Check your PMs Kepesk.[:D]
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Yeah, I started using your post also. I needed complete sets of scales for master level crafting anyway. The wings are the only thing different, for just lairshaping and crystal shaping I have focus wings both have velocity/crystalshaping/lairshaping 5.

The only reason I chose focus was because its the primary for crystalshaping and crystashaping only gets 8 skill per level and lair gets 10.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I plan on using my exiting sets, mining/smelting/scalecraft is 1 set, stoneworking/quarrying is 1 set, essence shaping/harvesting/spellcraft is 1 set. I plan on a lairshaping/crystalworking set based on focus. The third tech undecided on for this set, hence I have not actually built it yet. Probably go with gemworking since that is currently on yet another scaleset. (gemworking/transmutation/salvage was my set always vaulted since I rarely used it)

It's going to be a pain.

It's like they are cramming ALL the difficulty in a biped structures construction, into 1 class. I am glad I can do it all myself, but making it so overly complicated, just creating the units, only to then have to apply at 1/4 the efficiency used in other construction, seems like the difficulty is a little over the top.

I still have not tried my claw at any of it yet. I'll hold judgement until then.

initially IMO the best way to do it is ... well, don't worry about it.. IF you already have dcraft. you're already opt on t1-4 most likely without scales. by that time you can have silos put in and you can gather various t5 resources with your original sets (if you had them), then get your lairshaping set out when you're ready to combine.

Sweet :)

I do look forward to planning a lair out. Myself and the guilds other dragon are both going to be looking for a way to level laircrafting up. We may hve to build and decon a room a couple times to get the skill to a respectable level.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    If i follow you mean:

20 processed resources at 8 bulk each (say bars for example) is 160 total bulk
    those 20 resources make a construction unit that is 150 bulk.

Either by some reduction in mass due to discarding waste materials, or change in shape/configuration, or both the bulk is less in the final form, then in terms of the original processed resources.
    No, what I think he means is the old "mystery bulk increase" problem with base units in each Tier (Spheres, Blocks, Timbers, Sheets, and Bolts).

Used to be that they required 15x8 = 120 bulk in resources to make each one at optimal, but all construction materials used to weigh 150 bulk, you used to get rooted from "mystery bulk increase". However, this problem has since been fixed by reducing the bulk for construction resources from 150 per piece to 120 per piece.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Even if that's what he meant, there's no Bulk Convservations laws, there's nothing wrong with a finished product being bulkier then the resources used to make it.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

E=mc !!!

Thread Information