Thread: A Unique Offer

Ronin Tetsuro

Default A Unique Offer

Hail and well met.

I'm in the process of downloading Horizons, and was very suprised and excited to see that there is a strong role-playing community in game. Thusfar, that's been the one thing that was lacking for me in some of the more 'mainstream' MMORPG offerings out there, and a contributing factor to me rarely playing past the trial offer date.

But it seems that there is a real community here, and I'd like to be an active part of that. I've been reading the forums while I'm waiting for the download to finish, and I figured I'd jump right in and pose a unique offer:

I'd like to start out as a human so that I can adjust to the game first. Are any of you here on the forums looking for help in game? I'd like to offer my services as a person who has not yet chosen a class, and in return would appreciate some advanced in-game help. I'll keep tabs on this thread and watch to see if anyone needs a particular class to quest with or the like. Or even if there are any reccommendations forthcoming on what is most needed in the community.

I'm really excited to join you guys in game, and I hope the community is as active and close on the server as it seems to be on the forums!

Default Re: A Unique Offer

Hail Ronin!
    Not sure what kind of help you're offering, but if you tap into the New Player chat in game you can pose any question (out of character)and likely get answers of use... and Marketplace is full of helpful folks too, though that is supposed to be in character, if you keep topics within Istaria you should get good answers.
    Looking forward to passing you klava sometime! [8-|]

Welcome.
    I really like the name. :) My battery in Iraq was the Ronin's. :)
    If you need anything, like Awdz said, a good place to start getting into the community is the New Player channel. People there can lead you on and assist you in creating a more community minded character. :)
    Enjoy the game, I know I do. :)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Are you looking to aid in adventuring, crafting, or both?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Ronin Tetsuro

I'd like to do a little of both, hopefully, and see which I enjoy more.

Looks like I'll have to wait a while, seems you need a cc number to do the free trial and I'm waitingon my debit card to get to me via snail mail.[:(]

If you are looking for role-playing, I assume you plan to join the Order shard. When you do wake in Istaria,joining the Market Place chat channel will put you within earshot of many delightful.. and colorful characters. If you create a dragon, join the Dragon chat channel.

Keep an eye on the Role-Play channel as well. From time to time some interesting things happen there.

Look foward to meeting you,

Sonea Finder
    Aimitis Seanacha

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Depending on your views on doing actual construction work, might I suggest the following beginner craft classes:
    Blacksmith (metal, wood, stone) leads to Carpenter, Fitter, and Mason
    Scholar (stone, essence) leads to Mason and Enchanter
    Outfitter (cloth, metal) leads to Weaver and Fitter
    These require level 19 before you have the skill to take the construction classes.

Gatherer (essence, wood, cloth) leads to Enchanter, Carpenter, and Weaver
    Miner (metal, stone) leads to Fitter and Mason
    These require level 16 before you have the skill to take the construction classes.

Of course, there are other things that can be used. Alchemist goes into Enchanter, Armorer and Weaponsmith go into Fitter, and so on. The only classes that I can think of that don't directly have a construction capability are tinker and jeweler. Granted, tinkers use stone and metal and jewelers use metal, but they in and of themselves take much effort to get to the construction end of things. HOWEVER, as a builder, alchemsits, tinkers, and jewelers are indispensable as alchemists make reaping potions which aid in gathering resources, tinkers make cargo disks and cargo armor and jewelers make some pretty substantial stat-boosting and skill-boosting jewelry.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Telpeloci

Just wanted to throw in a quick suggestion. Don't choose your class based on what other people might find useful, or what everyone says is best. Do what you find fun and you'll probably stick around longer and have more fun while you do it!

and keep in mind that if you go biped, you can switch back and forth between classes as much as you like without losing anything when you switch back to a class... so, if you don't like your first choice, there are plenty more to try! [8-|]

Telpeloci

The only problem there is that you might find too many you like...that's why I'm a dragon...don't have to worry about that...heheh.

Ronin Tetsuro

I don't intend to be a total sheep, just wanting to find out what's needed while I try the game out. I like to spend the first month or so trying out all kinds of things on what I would call a 'dummy character'. Then, when' Iv'e got a good idea of ow things are going to work and what direction I personally would like to go, I create my main.

I've found that with the increasing complexity of MMO's, this is an effective way to get the most out of the gaming experience.

Telpeloci

Well, no need to make a "dummy character" here really...as stated previously, bipeds can change classes as they wish, so you're not forced into any particular role. Makes it a lot easier to make the character you want the first time. :)

Thread Information