Thread: ploting my life

Stormrazor

Default ploting my life

being new and all was wondering how much do plots cost what size is worth it ie the small good or should you move to bigger,plus how hard is it to get stuff built on one and what is good to build?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: ploting my life

Plot cost is based on size. Everything from a couple hundred silver up to some fairly hefty gold amounts. Since all plots are RCI, there's no distinction there. It's a matter of just how many buildings you're wanting to put up, what type of walls, if any, you want, if you're going for a particular feel, and if you're building in a resource area.

The difficulty on getting things built is based on a few factors: where you are, what resources are nearby that you can use, what resources you need trucked in, and the tier of the building(s). If you're wanting to have the entire thing done by paying, it's also a matter of finding out current going rates for particular resources and having the money to post there.

What is good to build also depends on location. Are you near a resource field lacking processing capabilities? Are there any processing capabilities in your area? Are you wanting to open your own trade center (consigner and pawnbroker)? Perhaps you want another area to be able to access the vault? Or are you after more storage of personal goods (aka, house or hall)? Are you in a guild that maintains a guild plot region and, if so, what buildings do they lack that you feel would benefit the guild's needs and your own?

Unfortunately, the questions you askdon't havesimple cookie-cutter answers. The plotbuilding Excel file can help somewhat to help you plan out what you want, but it really is a matter of personal tastes.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

bloomfield

I'm mew with alot of questinons about buildings too, what is the plotbuilding excel file ? Also, if you have a skill requird when you run by a unfinished building, how do you get paid for resouces or applying your skill ?

The Excel file is something a player designed to help lay out plots. I don't have Excel, so I've no idea how well it works.

Buildings under construction can have coin put on them by the owner, e.g. 150 copper per unit (applied; at optimum you need 2 units in inventory to apply one to the structure) for Tier I construction (old price from Expanse, I think the market value is higher now). You will see the money on the resource in the construction window when you double click the building.

Most buildings do NOT have coin on them. Plot owners tend to announce it when they fund construction.

It takes enormous amounts of resources to build things. You have to gather the raw resource, refine it, and make it into construction units. Each unit bulks 120, by the way, so you can't carry too many of them (I'm uber cargoed with a great disk and I can haul 134 units, ie apply 67, each load ... and some things need 200 units applied of sandstone blocks ... so it takes many many /many/ trips to raise a structure). This makes the price per unit pretty darn high for those who can't build their own or don't have friends helping them out. Good news for those trying to make coin by doing work, if they can find folks able and willing to fund the work.

Right now there is no way to tell if there is coin on a building except by clicking on it; people have been agitating for some form of search feature.

Hope that helps.

-Levity Merrel

Stormrazor

well I have a plot in sakon next to the lake I will try to put some coin on it still new so not rich but if you really need exp over money I have a T1 guild house planed plus for you potters a exp pottery place that will be open to anyone

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Ok, Sakon is a guild plot we've been curious about all this time. Which guild owns it????
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Stormrazor

Crafter Allaince owns it plus I really need spelling lessions

lair planning is a *bit* easier in one respect because all items take up 1 or more blocks of 24m x 24m. so a lair that's 120 x 120 x 144 is 5 x 5 x 6 (+1 for the 0 layer). i laid out my plan in a spreadsheet in a few separate blocks of 5 x 5, making codes for some of the items to fit some cells.

Thread Information