Thread: Admin access

Faethrun

Default Admin access

I don't suppose there is a way around the "must have administrator access" to run the patch and game? I installed the game from my CDs, but the patcher gives me an error. Unfortunately, the network here at school gives only limited access to we poor professors.

Default Re: Admin access

I hear your pain I find the swicth to having admin acess when they frist started to be a big mistake. lots of poeple dont have admin acess to there pcs or make a serperate acount on there machine that is made for surfing the web that is not admin. I have tried on many ocasions to get a response from TG on this issue but never got one. also you say you are trying to play on the school machines. you should check to see if the school severs block online games and chat clients. i tried on a few occeasions to play at my college but they block all online gameplay and IRC :(

Default Re: Admin access

I work at a National Guard armory (I'm not going to say where for reasons that will be obvious shortly.)

IF the network is not automatically blocking the address there is a work around.

Go into the network connections section of control panel, it will tell you that you don't have rights to change things, but should let you in. Get connection information if it's a static IP, or find out if DHCP is set up. Get your computer's ID on the network, most places post it on the computer itself for easy tracking.

Take a personal laptop or PC to work and spoof the network settings. I suggest installing a firewall of some type to prevent admin from "looking" at your computer. The firewall will give about the same message as if you had your computer turned off.

This worked for me by allowing me to use Thuderbird and Firefox at work and set up the machine how I wanted it. With a little more spoofing and pinging, I was able to even access the government intranet. Unfortunately, Horizons and all forms of IRC are blocked, so I still couldn't play or use IRC.

There's nothing TG can do about allowing you install on a computer you don't have admin rights on.

Thread Information