Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Map Pack V3.2

Default Re: The Map Pack V3.1

Please check if the file map_istaria_resource.def in the folder resources_override\interface\maps\istaria exists.
    If it exists, please check its size, it should be 138kb.

If it doesnt exist or it is the wrong size then please redownload map pack and reinstall.
    Ok, it exists, right where its suppose to be and is the right size.

Isn't that intersting. Any other ideas or should I just delete and start over?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire
    The download site is rejecting me. "Not authorized to view this page".
    Yeah sorry, yesterday my site got hacked by a spammer, my php scripts where outdated so the bastard tried to use my site as spamming node.
    I was forced to close it down until I fixed the php scripts and removed the spam scripts.

It is now up and running again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    Ok, it exists, right where its suppose to be and is the right size.

Isn't that intersting. Any other ideas or should I just delete and start over?
    Drat, I was hoping that somehow that file got messed up during the unzip.
    I have no explanation as to why it doesnt work :s

Your best bet is to delete the folder maps in resources_override\interface and then unzip the file into the horizons folder again.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Released version 3.2

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    www.AncientOrder.org

hey cobal i added the map pack for download in my goodie collection.. i put the links in it for 3.2 but when i made that page it was for 3.0 can you check to make sure the instruction in the install link are correct? if not ill fix it

Irv

Default Re: The Map Pack V3.2

You wrote:

Open the file and find this line near the bottom:

string mapPath = "resources\interface\maps"

Change this line to read:

string mapPath = "resources_override\interface\maps"

Close and safe the file.
    Please note the file I opened had forward slashes, not backward slashes. If anyone copy and pastes what you wrote..... [:^)]

Best regards,
    Irv

safaia

Grrrreat!
    Many thanks for your work, Cobal

Quote Originally Posted by Irv
    Please note the file I opened had forward slashes, not backward slashes. If anyone copy and pastes what you wrote..... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-18.gif[/img]
    I'm afraid you are mistaking.
    The text in the file has backwards slashes.
    copied from def file:
    string mapPath = "resources_override\interface\maps"

It would have to be backwards slashes, a path on your computer is always written with backwards slashes, forward slashes cannot possibly work.
    an Urls has forward slashes.

As an example here the path to the directx folder on my C drive:
    C:\Program Files\directx

and here the url to this website:
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/

hey cobal i added the map pack for download in my goodie collection.. i put the links in it for 3.2 but when i made that page it was for 3.0 can you check to make sure the instruction in the install link are correct? if not ill fix it
    You mean the links in your goody bag?
    Ill have a look :)

www.AncientOrder.org

To get custom def files to stay after a patch you need to put them in the following directory:

Horizons\resources_override\Resources\interface\th emes\default\defs

You might be able to get the mappack to work in the Horizons\resources_override\Resources\interface\ma ps directory.

Some suggestions for future versions:

1. Remove the biped plot and dragon lair markers. You can see both on the map as is and all those markers add clutter and lag and some of us like marking player built structures on the plot they belong to but want the other markers on that layer so turning it off isnt a valid option.

2. Put a changes log out with each version with at least which files have been altered so those of us that edit the pack to get rid of the above listed clutter know where to search for the changes to update their version.

3. It would be nice to have city maps for Feladan and New Rachival

4. You currently have in-city markers on both the Istaria map and the city map. This is unnecessary bloat.

Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Quote Originally Posted by Imayo
    To get custom def files to stay after a patch you need to put them in the following directory:

Ah this changed with last patch? Great.
    Uimapwindow.def was the only file I could not get to work in resource_override.

You might be able to get the mappack to work in the Horizons\resources_override\Resources\interface\ma ps directory.
    Yeah I know, its been in resources_override since 3.0.

1. Remove the biped plot and dragon lair markers. You can see both on the map as is and all those markers add clutter and lag and some of us like marking player built structures on the plot they belong to but want the other markers on that layer so turning it off isnt a valid option.

2. Put a changes log out with each version with at least which files have been altered so those of us that edit the pack to get rid of the above listed clutter know where to search for the changes to update their version.

3. It would be nice to have city maps for Feladan and New Rachival

4. You currently have in-city markers on both the Istaria map and the city map. This is unnecessary bloat.
    1. I've been considering this but many people seem to like having them there, I tossed the idea into dragons channel and it most prefered keeping it.
    Maybe providing them as optional add-on is a good idea.

2. A change log is posted in this thread, I will add changed files to that. I will also add the change log to the info screen of the installer version.

3. yes, still trying to find a better way to get topdown shots of the buildings that is better thenflying over themand taking a screenie.
    Kion also needs work, Lady kendra's house exists outside the kion map, I'd like toexpand the kion map to reachfrom wall to wall.

4. this is by design. The point is to have a search on the istaria map give results if the item looked for is in a city.

Currently there are loads of redundant markers, some WA walls have been marked by blighted ruins marker every few meters for example.
    I intend to clean this up but I will update the markers tier by tier, working up from I.
    Tier I is just about done now.

www.AncientOrder.org

grrr, double posted.
    I guess I clicked "post" to eagerly

www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Imayo wrote: To get custom def files to stay after a patch you need to put them in the following directory:

Ah this changed with last patch? Great.
    Uimapwindow.def was the only file I could not get to work in resource_override.
    It has to be exactly this path or it doesn't work. Just dropping them in the override folder doesn't work.

1. I've been considering this but many people seem to like having them there, I tossed the idea into dragons channel and it most prefered keeping it.
    Maybe providing them as optional add-on is a good idea.
    I would certainly appreciate this.

2. A change log is posted in this thread, I will add changed files to that. I will also add the change log to the info screen of the installer version.
    thank you, that will be most helpful

4. this is by design. The point is to have a search on the istaria map give results if the item looked for is in a city.
    thought this might be the case. Maybe a couple of ! markers with the list of NPC needed for the search rather than individual markers for everything. That way it isn't as cluttered but still has the search functionality.

Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Ajeska

I am having the same exact problem Frith is with the resources not showing up.

I have been very careful and installed it exactly. I have double-checked the file you mentioned to him..it is right.

One thing I noticed is that when I am on New Trismus island the resources show up fine. The button to the left 'Resources' is clickable and turns them off and on. When I am on the Istaria map that button becomes a 'Crafting Tools' button. I mean I can use the pulldown menu to switch from New Trismus to Istaria and watch that button change. Ugh. That button will turn off and on the resource tools but nowhere else other than New Trismus is showing me resources. Also only on New Trismus is there a resource button for me.

I have re-installed it several times.

Thanks!

I'll have to experiment with that a bit.
    Right now I have it setup so that only buttons for what is actually on the map are available.
    Maybe I need to make sure that the buttons are allways there, even if they will be duds for a certain map.

www.AncientOrder.org

Yes, making all filters exactly the same for each map seems to solve this.
    Will do so for 3.3

www.AncientOrder.org

Scree

Nice map :)

Couple of things, well a question first...

Is it possible to add my own stuff to this? I add a marker and it disappears. :(

Also, Gilarus in Bristugo should read Gelarus.

Scree

So is it possible to add markers? Mine disappear all the time if I add one.

Yep its possible.
    You probably have the filter for your own markers set off.
    Its the star marker in the left side of the window, mouse over name is "markers"

www.AncientOrder.org

Scree

Ah ok. I'll have a look.

I have also experienced the missing waypoints for travel spots and resources bug. It starts whenever I end up getting the 1 row of buttons down the left side of the map bug, which happens with every update. Replacing the uimapwindows.def file from the zip brings back the two buttons for those waypoint categories, always in the off position. Turning them back on again gives me those waypoints once again.

I just saw the posted way to store that file in resources_override, so I'm going to try that and see if it works.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Darkgloom

What happened to the Pekkas Pack 3.2, or have you taken it over and just renamed it? Is this map pack the same as Pekkas 3.2?

Darkgloom

Thread Information