Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Real Issue

Default Re: The Real Issue

i don't check the order forum very frequently even though i probably should. i find the updates to this situation from last month troubling. is there any further word on this?

Nope. Not that I've heard. But I'm still on guard. I allow my son to play now, but he is only allowed one chat channel and guild chat. He's on invis to everyone not on a friend's list and is on AFK mode while playing so tht whomever sends a tell gets an auto response.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Taregan

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I have experienced a bit of tension due to this particular player as well, more directly than I would like.

Apparently said player had created an Alt which a few others online had seen flaunting their 'genius' in having thwarted the authorities. I have seen the logs myself, after one of the original onlookers had grudgingly shared them.

It seemed that he had created an alternate that had one letter difference than my own alternate, Emera, having been "Emmera". Now, after all the frustration and anger that had been ignited by Ruina, I do not blame suspicion on other people (to an extent!) but I must say people HAVE to be careful.

For instance, after seeing Emmera running around saying, "I used my mom's credit card to get a new account", one of the onlookers sent a tell or two to various players, a friend of mine included, but the name he had relayed to my friend was "Emera", not "Emmera". Tiny difference on the surface, is it not?

This, after all the stuff everyone went through, arose great suspicion on my character. I happened to send a tell to my friend saying, "Hey, Emera has a guild and I needa name it, but I'm not sure..." To this she immediately said, "No, Emera is Ruina."

"Excuse me?"

The point I'm trying to put across is DO NOT spread information especially on this touchy subject, as it can easily be misunderstood, by a simple TYPING ERROR. Best bet would to be, easily, /ignore and SEND IN THE LOG. There is no need to send messages to other players, "Oh he's baaaack" and start up unnecessary panic.

Not necessarily beating a dead horse, since the incident did happen. I'm not sure it really was Ruina. I can't say a whole lot about it, but what he claimed he did doesn't match the facts. As I understand it, Ruina was never banned.

Taregan

Apologies for the misinterpritation, if it is indeed one...

I am not claiming Emmera was Ruina, just stating what was being said and I have logs to back it up. All I know is someone went around saying Emera was Ruina, that Ruina was back, and seeing as how Emera is MY character...

It left quite a bit of dirt thrown onto my back that I had to somehow clean off.

It does not matter if Emmera was or was not Ruina, the fact that someone will freak out enough to start the wildfire by spreading 'information' is bad enough, and being careless about their typing in doing so can easily make an innocent undergo unneeded suspicion.

It was a lot of fun trying to right the wrong that was done to my character.

Even better when the original 'onlooker' wouldn't apologize. [;)] But that's another story.

Well, yes.

It was bad all around, especially on you and I'm sure "Mr. Harris" is off at home laughing about what someone more than likely did under his name.

But what people enjoy most about doing things like that on the internet, is the anonymity. He doesn't have that as long as he mentions his old character names. One log. One call. That's all. :p

Sen of Order

True, but he won't be able to help it. His personality will compel him to "gloat", and that just doesn't work if no one knows who he is.

Thread Information