Thread: 1200 Stoneworking and Smelting, how to get

Default 1200 Stoneworking and Smelting, how to get

With the Cenotaphs in game, Master resource processing forms are available for Stone, Metal, Wood, Essence. 3 of which a Dragon could theoretically use.

I was able to hit 1202 Stoneworking, with the help of biped buffs

level 100 adventurer (needed for base str and training points)
    level 100 crafter

approximately 2/3 of of the max training points that can be put into Strength, put into strength.

strength scales teched with stoneworking
    strength scales teching with smelting

For myself, those were originally 2 different sets. To be able to hit 1200 in both, I had to make new chest and forelegs, teched with armor socket, smelting, stoneworking. three level 60 strength crystals were placed in the sockets (+135 strength)

Triple socketed claw with level 60 strength, dexterity, power crystals

Use Determination

Self buff with Promote Vitality 5

Tier 5 bolster potions: Strength, Dexterity, Power (I also used a focus, but do not think it helped)

Tier 5 gifts: Strength, Power, Dexterity, Focus

Tier 5 enhances: Strength, Power

Tier 5 surge: Strength

Silken Banner of the volcano: (+60 to +85 strength)

The longer lasting buffs can get ahead of time, but the surge only lasts 2 or 3 minutes. Need someone close to the Cenotaph to Cast that on you, then use the banner (Requires a flame bone splinter)

You have about a 2 minute window to greet Gaarius (think thats correct spelling), get the form, and scribe it.

Smelting doesn't need the banner to hit 1200, just all the regular buffs, potions, and the surge.

From all the effort it takes to get there, it's not realistic for Dragons to work T6 Stone and Metal until those craft processing quests are added to the game. Those are the only 2 that are not yet added.

Essence, Gemworking can hit 1200 without the surges, potions, and banner.

Default Re: 1200 Stoneworking and Smelting, how to get

So basically we need to jump through hoops of fire, while wearing nothing but boxer shorts and dowsed in kerosene. Terrific. I'm so glad they took into account the many of us who don't have access to 3 lvl 60 strength crystals, banners(I don't even know what that is and have never, ever seen one), several thousand bolster potions of the highest tier, and 3 extra crystals all lvl 60, vast assortment.

Aside from the sarcasm, I'm glad someone can get there. I am a lvl 100 dragon crafter, but I don't see myself ever getting those forms, not if that's what needs to be done to attain 1200 stoneworking and smelting. Ridiculous.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

This is only a problem till the Stone working and Smelting quest are in. Which I hope are in with lairshaping or not to far after. They will have a little time as People should not be jumping to Tier 6 rooms right away.

Indeed. If you are level 100 adv and craft, both smelting and stoneworking are easy to get above 1100 with a strength scaleset with the approriate skill tech, plus self buffs. Once the quest lines are in, 1200 will be no problem.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Well, this was the first I'd heard of any smelting/stoneworking quests, so that's news to me. So, yeah, I hope they put those in right along with lairshaping.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

I requested the quests be put in game when we first started to test the new quests on Blight as there was no realistic way for dragons to obtain 1200 skill without resorting to the above mentioned. Illyist looked into the issue back then and sure enough the designers made a small miscalculation thinking dragons had these quests in game already.

So it is something they do plan to put in game. No time frames where mentioned though so that is still a factor but with Lairs just around the corner it should not be far as there are T6dragon chambersto be built.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

No, they were made aware of the situation quite some time ago. Repeatedly. Maybe Illyist wasn't aware, but I know of several of the devs who knew long beforehand, as this isn't the first time the subject has come up.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    Illyist looked into the issue back then and sure enough the designers made a small miscalculation thinking dragons had these quests in game already.
    It really instills no confidence that they thought those quest were in already... this just makes me sadder and sadder... I truly hope they start moving in the right direction but it's just a plunge into dispair [sp?] for me....

thank you, i prefer NOT to look at your signature....

Kumu make a new sig maybe they will actually notice it. :) its been the same for so long they have become jaded to it.

Yeah back when the essence trainers were added the subject came back up again for the stoneworking and smelting quests, but was probably back burner'd since a lvl 100 crafter with scales was optimal in all T5 resources.

T6 basically being T7 to T8 skill ranges, with the t6 range skipped, isn't doing anyone any favors. However with higher base stats and specialized craft schools, the bipeds are able to easily be in range of the master forms. The skill level for T6 (1200 at minimum 1600 at optimal) had those bipeds in mind.

Hope they can write some quests for these skills for dragons soon.

If you are using Mozilla/Firefox, right-click on the image and select "Block Images from This Server".

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

JorgNep

Today I also managed to get to 1201 smelting and get the Master Metal Formula. I had full marble str scales tech'd with smelting V (and mining V/scalecraft V), Emerald-tipped claws with Str V and Power V, Dragon Gift IV, Determ, True Grit V, power and str V Gifts, Enh Power and Str V buffs, Surge of Strength V buff,bolster power V and bolster str IV potions (IV was all I could get on a day's notice), and max TP in str.

Probably could have gotten there easier with the scales tech'd with Power V instead of mining/scalecrafting, but I wanted that complete smelt/mining/scalecraft set anyway and didn't want to waste time hunting for comps for a set just for this form.

Seems like a lot of hoop-jumping just to get a form! I'll be happy when the smelt/stoneworking quests are in!

-Jorg

I got 1209 smelting, didnt need surge str or the banner.

2/3 tps in str
    use determination
    promote vitality
    Tier 5 gifts Strength, Power
    Tier 5 Enhances Strength, Power
    the scales with sockets, and 3 +45 strength crystals equipped.
    the claw with +45 Strength, Power weapon crystals equipped.
    Tier 5 Bolster Strength, Power potions.

Since I got all the way to 1209,one of these steps can probably be skipped. in place of all the crystals, perhaps a banner and surge str 5 could get you there.

After looking at Adamantium bar smelting, trying to find the exact skill levels where the efficiency changes.

Since 1200 smelting = 4 Adamantium ore, 2 mithril ore
    and 1600 smelting = 2 adamantium ore, 1 mithril ore

it follows that 1400 smelting will be 3 adamantium ore, 2 mithril ore

whether or not it will change to 1 mithril ore before reaching 1600, I do not know. I am guessing that it will require getting all the way to 1600 to only need 1 mithril ore.

From looking at these numbers, until crafting level cap is raised it is clear that a dragon cannot realistically reach 1400 smelting. An expert blacksmith shop does grant +75 skill, but the dragon needs to have 1325 before that. Once all the smelting quests are in and a level 100 dragon crafter completes all 10, thats +100 more smelting skill. that would put me at 1309 when buffed, and using 4 +45 str crystals, 1 +45 power crystal. Surge str adds 8 smelting I believe. So unless I want ALL my tp's into str and power, and jump thru rings of fire and ice that would make evil kinevil shat himself, It just doesn't seem likely.

One nice thing, once you get the form scribed, if you have access to a journeyman blacksmith shop, you should be able to get to 1200 smelting with just gifts and enhances, and the jman shop bonus.

Until the craft school's level cap is raised, we have to be content with 4:2 for adamantium. Which is still far better than transmuting it. (20 mithril ore, 10 cobalt ore, 2 shining essence)

Got my forms today on Unity with lots of peoples help (Enisha / Joaqim special mentions)

- This used that were different:

Granny Nuffle's Festival Cookies
    + 50 - 75 dex
    + 50 - 75 focus (not needed)
    Duration 2 hours

Steal Strength II (shaman ability)
    +60 strength
    Duration 1 minute

Steal Dexterity II
    +60 dexterity
    Duration 1 minute

Crystals: