Thread: Dropping a school

Faethrun

Default Dropping a school

I keep seeing mention to dropping a class. Back when I started playing (at release) I don't remember this being an option. Is it new?

How does it work? Can you drop a class that was a prerequisite for another class? Such as dropping Spiritist once you are a Shaman? If you can, is there a disadvantage to doing so?

Thanks in advance!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Dropping a school

Yes, you can drop adventure classes. You can drop prereq classes once you have the prestige. The only thing you lose in the process are the training points to the next highest class (for example, say you have spiritist 50, shaman 30 and drop the spiritist, you would lose the 20 levels of training points to shaman 30).

There is an NPC north of Dalimond outside the northern gate on the shoals. Talk with him. He sends you to another NPC on Lerena island. You talk to him, then wait the required amount of time, and talk with him again. Class gone.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Stormrazor

hows that effect hps?

To put it simply; when you drop a class, you also drop all the benefits it has offered to you: abilities, statistics, skills. Continuing the above example, once you have dropped spiritist, everything you have will be recalculated by the 30 shaman levels you still possess.

You can't drop an active class so you can't go back to being completely classless. Best you can do is join a new school and drop everything else, and you'll be a level 1 newbie again. Craft classes can't be dropped at the moment.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Stormrazor

crafting classes dont change your rating right so why would you want to bother dropping one?

Craft schools affect craft rating. It is however not used to calculate anything, as craft exp comes from direct Base Craft Skill versus Item's Minimum Required Skill comparison. Nevertheless, it would be nice to get rid of my alt's one level in weaver I got by talking to the wrong trainer.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Stormrazor

you say that now but watch you will be happy to had that lvl someday I knowtice that is what happens

Thread Information