Thread: What mobs drop what?

ashdizle

Default What mobs drop what?

Just was wondering if anyone had a list of dropsoff mobs, or know of a site i could look at?. I tried searching a few times but came up short [*-)].

Plz if you know any info on mob drops plz post [8-|]

Thnks in advance Ashdizle [&]

Default Re: What mobs drop what?

Horizons.gamersinfo.net has pages of data dumps for the game. Mob info can be found here. Select a mob category, such as Gem Golems, then pick any golem and click it's link to see the drop table for that particular mob.

You can also search for treasure by keyword and then find mobs that drop a particular item.
    Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Is there a list like this available anywhere else? I've come across this trying to find something similar today, however, the site link no longer works (since from 2005). Just wondering if there is anything like this more current?

Or if not, is there something reliable I can look through to find what mobs drop certain spell formulae at all levels? Forum/google search has come up fruitless. :3

Thanks

I don't think anyone has started to put this kind of data into the wiki (istaria.wikia.com). If you want to champion the project of getting this data into the wiki, go for it.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixia View Post
    Is there a list like this available anywhere else? I've come across this trying to find something similar today, however, the site link no longer works (since from 2005). Just wondering if there is anything like this more current?

Or if not, is there something reliable I can look through to find what mobs drop certain spell formulae at all levels? Forum/google search has come up fruitless. :3

Thanks
    I could be wrong here, but based on personal experience, the drop tables work something like this :

A mob may have a chance to drop something you can scribe. If this is the case, then it will drop a technique or a formula, chosen at random. If it does drop one of these things, then it will be from the appropriate tier for the mob. So in other words, a tier V mob will always drop expert formulas, and a t1 mob will always drop beginner formulas.

Blighted mobs have a chance to drop blighted things you can scribe, such as blighted weapon formulas and so forth.

Blighted mobs seem to be the only place to find crystals.

Interesting.

I had the Trandalar undead dropping beginner blighted forms...
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Hmn does it matter what type of mob? From just my experience on T1 and T2 mobs, it seemed the animal mobs didn't drop a thing useful to me other than hoard, but when I fought skeletons and golems the drop rates on formulae were pretty good (and on T2 the water elementals were pretty good as well). However, those good drop rates were all on bi-ped formulae and techs... and very very very rarely a dragon tech I needed (or didn't need for that matter). So was curious if at these levels if I was just fighting the wrong type of mobs, since my ultimate goal is to find the spell formulae I still need that the NPC doesn't offer.

I know they're rare, but was hoping they aren't so rare that they just *don't* drop for me... lol I'm almost level 30 and still haven't even found the T1 version of the spells I still need. (Gift of Velocity I want to find ultimately, just for completing and for higher levels, Primal Health so I can tech it myself, and Primal Attack is what I'm aiming for) At this point I'm looking for the T2 but afraid I'll be looking for the T3 soon before I even find them... hehe

The beginner forms of those spells will make both the tier 1 and the tier 2 versions of them.

The journeyman formulas make tier 1 2 3 and 4 versions. Expert adds tier 5.

So you will not need to find "Gift of Velocity I", nor necessarily even the beginner formula. Because the higher versions contain the lower versions.. Eventually you will need the formula book space and most of the beginner formulas you will wind up deleting anyway.

i hope I'm not necroposting but would find such a thing as useful as heck,as it would make farming a lot easier,as I could look up what I want,and what drops it,then work from that list on what I need to farm for the said drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    The beginner forms of those spells will make both the tier 1 and the tier 2 versions of them.

The journeyman formulas make tier 1 2 3 and 4 versions. Expert adds tier 5.

So you will not need to find "Gift of Velocity I", nor necessarily even the beginner formula. Because the higher versions contain the lower versions.. Eventually you will need the formula book space and most of the beginner formulas you will wind up deleting anyway.
    The only difference I think is blighted forms, like blighted weapons/jewelry etc. Those are unique and the jman does NOT contain the beginner types nor the expert, so don't want to delete the lower versions of those.

Smaug

Thread Information